« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:53 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Please make it stop.

I like sci fi but i tried to watch the mandalorian. Couldn't even get more than halfway thru the first ep.

The world will be better off when star wars dies.
Come on, bro. If the bait is this bad don't even bother casting it.
[Reply]
Fish 01:15 PM 05-27-2022
It was.. OK. Slow. They're clearly trying to point out that Obi-Wan is a bit out of shape and out of practice.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:25 PM 05-27-2022
This was pretty disappointing given all they could’ve done with it.

Hopefully it gets better.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:45 PM 05-27-2022
As someone who has lived through trauma the last six months of my life, I appreciate the series showing more of a broken man clearly starting a journey of recovery and redemption from the hermit in the aftermath of killing his protege and brother at the end of the prequels to the man who sacrificed himself to start Luke Skywalker on his journey to redeem the Jedi. I quite enjoyed the first two episodes, I look forward to the balance of the season and I'm unsurprised that some critics and self-professed fans are shitting all over it, because that's what ALWAYS happens. Nothing ever lives up to headcanon and nothing ever will. I just enjoy the ride.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:09 PM 05-27-2022
I loved it
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:33 PM 05-27-2022
No spoiler i guess,but i liked that a certain rock musician had a small part in it.I don't know how many episodes there will be,but Vader is coming right ? I'm sure it will get even better.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:25 AM 05-28-2022
Am I weird for wanting a scene where they show Obi Wan making the modifications or repairs to Annakin's lightsaber from ROTS that give it the look that it ends up having in A New Hope? I guess I find little stuff like that fascinating.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:48 PM 05-28-2022
Inquisitors are pretty good villains so far. Especially the Third Sister.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:51 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
It was.. OK. Slow. They're clearly trying to point out that Obi-Wan is a bit out of shape and out of practice.

Spoiler!
Borderline is an understatement.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:32 PM 05-28-2022
2 episodes in, and watching Obi Wan Kenobi **** around making an ass of himself with a ****ing blaster instead of firing up that lightsaber for deflect kills is already annoying the shit out of me.

Bruh. Why did you even strap that ****ing lightsaber on your hip if you ain't gonna fire it up?

This doesn't look like something that will hold my Interest week to week, so when all episodes are done, then I'll check it out.

First episode was definitely a slow burn, enough that I nearly didn't start the second.

Then the action that was there, was just dumb. Get a big cocktease there at the end of the second episode, you think some good shit is finally going to happen....and nope.

Got better things to do with my time than endure slow buildup for shit to either not happen at all, or just dumb shit I have no interest in seeing, like a Jedi fucking about with a blaster pistol, poorly.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:37 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
2 episodes in, and watching Obi Wan Kenobi **** around making an ass of himself with a ****ing blaster instead of firing up that lightsaber for deflect kills is already annoying the shit out of me.

Bruh. Why did you even strap that ****ing lightsaber on your hip if you ain't gonna fire it up?

This doesn't look like something that will hold my Interest week to week, so when all episodes are done, then I'll check it out.

First episode was definitely a slow burn, enough that I nearly didn't start the second.
Convinced this is the reason they led with two episodes.

I don’t mind (actually agree with Keg and like it) that Obi-wan is a broken, defeated man. What bothers me is the mission they set him on.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:13 PM 05-28-2022
Firing up a lightsaber while you're discreetly trying to move through a city where there's a manhunt for you seems like a bad idea, no?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:40 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Firing up a lightsaber while you're discreetly trying to move through a city where there's a manhunt for you seems like a bad idea, no?
Yes, you're right.

Let's instead, fire 60 horribly inaccurate blaster shots at a guy standing out in the open. That won't draw ANY attention, eh?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:57 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Yes, you're right.

Let's instead, fire 60 horribly inaccurate blaster shots at a guy standing out in the open. That won't draw ANY attention, eh?
It did transpire on rooftops and not the street. And even if on the street, it’s still a blaster fight which, while bringing attention, does not bring Jedi level attention.

It’s a combination of being broken and hiding to survive for survival sake and hiding to survive so he can train Luke when the time comes. It’s natural that after what he went through we would find him in this state. This series will bridge the gap between the broken Obi-Wan and the good to go Obi-Wan that everyone was initially introduced to.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:17 PM 05-28-2022
Saw both episodes today and thought it was awesomeness! I really liked it a lot. Can't wait for the next episodes. :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 54
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up