[Reply]
lcarus 10:07 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Damn she wanted 60,000 for it? :-)
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:08 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
American one is off.

Maybe it’s just a mental thing because his English accent is good.
Interesting, I had read some people were complaining about his English accent. I assumed he was using his normal speaking voice for his American accent, is he not? I’ve only seen the first episode and I don’t think Marc spoke that much.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:53 AM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Interesting, I had read some people were complaining about his English accent. I assumed he was using his normal speaking voice for his American accent, is he not? I’ve only seen the first episode and I don’t think Marc spoke that much.
He's Guatemalan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Isaac
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:11 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
He's Guatemalan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Isaac
I mean, kind of. His mom was Guatemalan and his dad was Cuban, but they moved to the US when he was 5 months old. He’s got dual citizenship, but he grew up going to affluent white private schools. His natural voice is American white guy.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:14 PM 04-10-2022
I mean, kind of. His mom was Guatemalan and his dad was Cuban, but they moved to the US when he was 5 months old. He’s got dual citizenship, but he grew up going to affluent white private schools. His natural voice is American white guy.
Right. I didn't know that myself and was surprised when I read it.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:17 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Right. I didn't know that myself and was surprised when I read it.
In fairness given the multicultural nature of his upbringing, “American white guy” probably isn’t totally correct. I’m sure there’s some uniqueness in it that I’m just not picking up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:30 PM 04-10-2022
I'm probably just wrong.

That is usually the safest bet.
[Reply]
Third Eye 03:31 PM 04-10-2022
I'm probably just wrong.

Haha, I wouldn’t sweat it. I had no clue, but had just read an article about people not liking his English accent which led me down a rabbit hole of his background. This all happened merely hours before I saw your post.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:33 PM 04-10-2022
I'm probably just wrong.

He has a slight Maryland accent, not full on Balmer, but it is there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:46 PM 04-10-2022
Isaac's American Marc Spector voice is pretty much the same voice he's used in just about every other role I've ever seen him in (which I assume is his natural voice?). Haven't seen him do a English one before as far as I recall but I could be forgetting something.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:53 AM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Damn she wanted 60,000 for it? :-)
Not far off base. She could get it sometime soon I bet if moon knight is a success. It's amazing how she got this. Lucky af
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:57 AM 04-11-2022
I'm liking the show and assume it'll take off from here.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:18 PM 04-13-2022
I think that episode was one of the best things marvel has done. Indiana Jones with Egyptian mythology instead of Christian mythology with a superhero(?) Thrown in.
[Reply]
Fish 09:33 PM 04-13-2022
I thought this latest episode was a bit of a drag.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Snica 06:20 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
I thought this latest episode was a bit of a drag.

Spoiler!

Well when you only have six episodes to tell your story some stuff gets lost.

I don't get why they only do six episodes on these shows.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up