ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 28
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
BigRichard 10:53 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I don't care about the messages in season 2, but I did think there was a dip in quality. Still eager to see season 3.
The message wasn't as bad as most shit they are putting out these days but it was there. Not enough for me to give a shit about but it was there.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:21 AM 05-24-2022
Imagine trying to watch a fun commentary on what superheroes would likely devolve into in the real world, only to be reminded that white supremacy is bad...again, and again, and again. But remember, you are Joseph Goebbels for wanting a break from culture War bullshit.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:01 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Imagine trying to watch a fun commentary on what superheroes would likely devolve into in the real world, only to be reminded that white supremacy is bad...again, and again, and again. But remember, you are Joseph Goebbels for wanting a break from culture War bullshit.
They did that and also tied it to conservatives. It was pretty easy to see. But whatever, it was a good show otherwise so I watched it and will continue to do so.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:02 AM 05-25-2022
Are we all just ignoring that the AOC stand in is an ultra baddie or is it only pandering when it criticizes ideology we personally identify with?
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:31 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Are we all just ignoring that the AOC stand in is an ultra baddie or is it only pandering when it criticizes ideology we personally identify with?
I don't recall her saying anything about everyone hating on her just wanted to date her and she didn't seem like she was dumber than a bag of rocks so how did they equate her to AOC exactly?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:24 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
No, just add it to the list of reasons why infusing real life politics into this show is fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05-25-2022, 08:50 AM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
unlurking 05:57 PM 05-28-2022
Racism is a "culture war" now?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:12 PM 05-29-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Racism is a "culture war" now?
Of course not! It was 100% necessary to remind us of the fact that racism is bad, by making it a central part of the plot to this show. It has made it difficult to enjoy my other sources of entertainment that fail to address racism. I can barely stand to watch Bluey with my kids, knowing it's an episode about cleaning their rooms instead of being reminded of their oppressor status.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:11 AM 05-30-2022
Of course not! It was 100% necessary to remind us of the fact that racism is bad, by making it a central part of the plot to this show. It has made it difficult to enjoy my other sources of entertainment that fail to address racism. I can barely stand to watch Bluey with my kids, knowing it's an episode about cleaning their rooms instead of being reminded of their oppressor status.

I know you're trying to be facetious here, but have you seen the world today? I think half the planet needs to be reminded of this. :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:40 PM 05-30-2022

[Reply]
Otter 07:10 PM 06-03-2022
Well, S3E1 just screamed "now that we have your attention" in your face shock value and a plot worthy of a day time soap opera. Unfortunately, if that's a sign of things to come we are here:

I did love S1 & S2 but it's not looking good from the gate.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:13 PM 06-03-2022
https://youtube.com/shorts/HleySRTl7kM?feature=share
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:23 PM 06-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
https://youtube.com/shorts/HleySRTl7kM?feature=share

Dean Winchester uncensored
[Reply]
Bowser 07:24 PM 06-03-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Dean Winchester uncensored
Exactly that, lol
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:26 PM 06-03-2022
It's solid gold whenever Homelander is on the screen. I thought the first episode was fine enough.

Edit: JFC episode 2 is super political.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 28
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up