ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who is your Favorite "Superfan"?
Arrowman 23 18.40%
First Down Elvis 52 41.60%
X Factor 8 6.40%
Weirdwolf 40 32.00%
Red Xtreme 2 1.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Who's your favorite KC Superfan?
greg63 01:39 AM 10-20-2005
You see them on TV, in person and cheering the loudest, not to mention their charity involvement. Now here's your chance to vote for your favorite "Superfan"

http://www.kcsuperfans.com/
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:55 PM 10-20-2005
I remember seeing pics of Arrowman long ago back in the good ol' days... the Elway years. I remember thinking "damn, he must pay a lot of cash to have each jersey for the visiting team's QB". I'm sure he didn't have every one... but, I recall seeing several.

Funny gimmick - Chiefs fan that wears the jersey of the other team's star player to ever game, and he doesn't get his ass kicked.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-20-2005
That Elvis guy is a real dick.

:-)
[Reply]
Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 07:31 PM 10-20-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Do you spend hundreds of dollars out of your own pocket for a costume on gameday? Do you devote your entire weekends to charity promotions to benefit the local community? These guys work their asses off for very little personal benefit. I know each of them personally and they're a goofy crew. Yeah, some of their may costumes suck. Some of them may think that they're leading the crowd in cheers and we couldn't figure out the appropriate time to get loud without their expertise...

But all their faults are vastly outweighed by their selflessness. They are in every sense of the word "Superfans" and I love each one of them. It doesn't have anything to with you or I. It's not a competition. They're doing the right thing. Trust me on that.

I spend literally hundreds of dollars a year buying tickets, new Chiefs gear and other items. Do I devote entire weekends to helping my community..... sure do, volunteer at my church all the time and coach USA wrestling in a volunteer capacity.

As far as them being "superfans" I have already stated my opinion on that. For me it is simply a way for these guys to gain some semblence of fame, I would bet about anything that when they meet people out of "costume" that they will mention "who they are" within minutes. So it is simply a case of them wanting to draw attention to themselves. And as far as their charity work goes...... great for them, really I admire anyone that does that. But if they REALLY wanted to help the Chiefs and be a "superfan" why don't they devote more time and energy to volunteering at some of the players charities instead of someday dreaming of having their own special little sign down on the field besides Wil Shields "Wil to Succeed" charity banner. Personally I am irritated by people that are constantly "needing" the attention they are seeking. I have often heard the better person you are the less you have to talk about it for people to realize it. I think it is pretty similar for fans as well.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:48 PM 10-20-2005
Clearly we're going to have to disagree, CMT. I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but you're misguided and ignorant. When you spend a weekend with these guys fundraising get back to me. Until then, you're judging the whole crew based upon some pre-conceived notion. You're mistaken. I wouldn't lead you astray. I promise. There's nothing in it for me.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 07:50 PM 10-20-2005
wAAH
[Reply]
go bo 08:31 PM 10-20-2005
Clearly we're going to have to disagree, CMT. I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but you're misguided and ignorant. When you spend a weekend with these guys fundraising get back to me. Until then, you're judging the whole crew based upon some pre-conceived notion. You're mistaken. I wouldn't lead you astray. I promise. There's nothing in it for me.
oh bullshit!

you know damned well you get a percentage of the applause... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 08:59 PM 10-20-2005
Originally Posted by Chiefs_Mike_Topeka:
.... I would bet about anything that when they meet people out of "costume" that they will mention "who they are" within minutes. So it is simply a case of them wanting to draw attention to themselves.....
This "Let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash" disease is turnin' into an fuggin' epidemic around here. :-)

If you had bet "anything" you'd have friggin' lost that bet. I've met them, and three of the four I've met both in and out of costume....and you are dead wrong. I understand some may wanna think this way, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

Bottom line is you are FOS; whether or not you know it. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:49 PM 10-20-2005
I spend literally hundreds of dollars a year buying tickets, new Chiefs gear and other items. Do I devote entire weekends to helping my community..... sure do, volunteer at my church all the time and coach USA wrestling in a volunteer capacity.

As far as them being "superfans" I have already stated my opinion on that. For me it is simply a way for these guys to gain some semblence of fame, I would bet about anything that when they meet people out of "costume" that they will mention "who they are" within minutes. So it is simply a case of them wanting to draw attention to themselves. And as far as their charity work goes...... great for them, really I admire anyone that does that. But if they REALLY wanted to help the Chiefs and be a "superfan" why don't they devote more time and energy to volunteering at some of the players charities instead of someday dreaming of having their own special little sign down on the field besides Wil Shields "Wil to Succeed" charity banner. Personally I am irritated by people that are constantly "needing" the attention they are seeking. I have often heard the better person you are the less you have to talk about it for people to realize it. I think it is pretty similar for fans as well.
You are wrong. Period.
[Reply]
Darkwolfe 10:49 PM 10-20-2005
Originally Posted by Sully:
LOL...
One thing I KNOW I'm too new to know is who is free game to talk sh*t on around here.
Ya, don't talk down on people unless you know them. FDE would read your crap here (and probably has already) and still lend a helping hand if you needed it.

Don't make enemies out of potential friends.
[Reply]
Darkwolfe 10:51 PM 10-20-2005

:-) :-)

They already do that sort of thing. Before you judge, learn the truth.
[Reply]
greg63 10:57 PM 10-20-2005
I think everyone will agree that all are entitled to their opinion. Having said thus, I really did not mean to open this huge can of worms. I just thought it would be a fun topic/poll. It was late, I was board - maybe this was a bad idea.
[Reply]
JazzzLovr 11:01 PM 10-20-2005
Some of them may think that they're leading the crowd in cheers and we couldn't figure out the appropriate time to get loud without their expertise...
ArrowheadLouder is one of the Superfans? I didn't know that...

[Reply]
tk13 11:21 PM 10-20-2005
Originally Posted by greg63:
I think everyone will agree that all are entitled to their opinion. Having said thus, I really did not mean to open this huge can of worms. I just thought it would be a fun topic/poll. It was late, I was board - maybe this was a bad idea.
Great job Greg, you've ruined the entire board! :-)
[Reply]
tk13 11:22 PM 10-20-2005
Originally Posted by JazzzLovr:
ArrowheadLouder is one of the Superfans? I didn't know that...

Coming from the woman who should be known as "ArrowheadSilent"....
[Reply]
Darkwolfe 11:24 PM 10-20-2005
Originally Posted by tk13:
Coming from the woman who should be known as "ArrowheadSilent"....

You've never sat next to Jazzzlovr at a game have you?

My ears are still ringing from last Sunday!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up