ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 324
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:01 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Mahomes has gotta be sitting there thinking, "This is what i take less money for..."
Exactly. You don't do this, and you're losing some credibility with him. You owe it to him if he's going to agree to stick with his current contract, and I think that's the main reason you go do it.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:03 PM 05-26-2023
Mahomes has gotta be sitting there thinking, "This is what i take less money for..."
Mike Florio disapproves
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:05 PM 05-26-2023

Excellent point. It's EXACTLY why Pat was so agreeable about taking less money.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:05 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This. We all want, and Veach/Andy really need, for Rice to pan out. No better way to jumpstart his career than to put him in the same locker room, same practice field and same games as Deandre Hopkins, the man Rice already fashions his game after. Let Rashee see and learn from his idol up close and personal for a year or two.

Rice turning into Hopkins 2.0 is my most ideal outcome. What better way than learn from the original
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 02:06 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
The Chiefs honestly owe it to Patrick to go make this happen. After the season he just had, literally carrying this franchise to a Super Bowl win with no Tyreek and on one leg, he deserves this. Not just for what it will bring to our team, but because it will keep him off the Bills or Ravens.

That's why this is a move they have to make, it's sort of doubles the value getting him on this roster, because you're also weakening what the Bills or Ravens would have been. You can't keep expecting Pat to overcome these drastically better rosters by himself. Give him another dude. Move some money around and just make it happen.
Mahomes agreed to an extremely team friendly deal because he wants to play with studs. He wants to win championships. He wants to cement his legacy. If Mahomes wants DHop Veach better turn over every single stone to make it happen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:06 PM 05-26-2023
It will be pretty easy to tell if they have any interest. If we see a restructure happen then it's happening.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:06 PM 05-26-2023
If Veach can re sign Clark, extend Jones and sign Nuke Billag will give Veach a BJ with no hands
[Reply]
staylor26 02:07 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Exactly. You don't do this, and you're losing some credibility with him. You owe it to him if he's going to agree to stick with his current contract, and I think that's the main reason you go do it.
Look, I want Hopkins too, but this is just silly.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:10 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He gives you a known commodity. Toney and Moore are all ceiling and not a lot of floor. MVS succeeds at one thing and Rice is a rookie. Hopkins would be a great leader for Rice as well.
And help reduce wear and tear on Kelce.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:11 PM 05-26-2023
It's always funny to me how beaten down the average Chiefs fan is from years ago.....looks at twitter...most other teams fans "this mofo is goin to the Chiefs isn't he, fuck"

Chiefs fan "The Chiefs won't sign him, there's no way he's old anyway"
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:12 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not saying to an extent where you hurt the relationship or anything, but it stings when the guy is taking less that he should to build a great team. I'm also assuming that Mahomes is pounding the table for him as well, which we all probably think is happening. If Pat says he's good with the current group, that's a different story.
[Reply]
TLO 02:12 PM 05-26-2023
If we sign him he's an amazing WR

If we don't sign him he's an old broke dick we didn't want anyway.

Win Win!!
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 05-26-2023
Cupid, why the hell do you constantly downvote my posts without having anything to actually say?

JFC you're a weirdo.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:13 PM 05-26-2023
Cupid, why the hell do you constantly downvote my posts without having anything to actually say?

JFC you're a weirdo.
You too huh?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:14 PM 05-26-2023
Regardless of how much talent and athletic ability Toney has... this team does not have a clear #1 WR. Mahomes made it work with a 1/2 guy in Ju-Ju last season who despite having Mahomes as his QB only caught 3 TD and under 1k yards.

Gotta be realistic. We cannot ask Kelce, who turns 34 this year, to be the #1 receiver again. As of right now, this team's aspirations for another Super Bowl lie 100% in keeping Mahomes and Kelce healthy. If Kelce goes down for any reason what so ever... we are basically hinging our entire season on Rice being a day 1 god.

There is zero depth at WR. Not a single receiver on this roster has clocked a 1k season since their college years. In fact, only 3 receivers on this squad even got 1k yards in college.

Ross (1k yards exactly, 2018 - Clemson), Ross (1,150 yards, 2016 - Clemson), Rice (1,355 yards, 2022 - SMU)

D-Hop to KC on a 1 year deal pretty much HAS to happen unless Veach did his draft king thing and scored a day 1 WR1 in Rice.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 324
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up