ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 368 of 383
« First < 268318358364365366367368 369370371372378 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 01:44 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Why are you in this thread ? Just to troll?
To provide context and a different viewpoint of your own. Best beer is blue moon that is REALLY cold - and it still sucks. I enjoy when people disagree with me, what about you?
[Reply]
phisherman 08:22 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
To provide context and a different viewpoint of your own. Best beer is blue moon that is REALLY cold - and it still sucks. I enjoy when people disagree with me, what about you?
Nothing wrong with a cold Blue Moon, if that's what you like.

People like different things, it's crazy.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:25 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The thick dark beer is the REALLY bad beer. Just awful tasting. Why would you drink that if you could drink something that is easy to drink?
What I really like is that it feels like you're implying that there is some correlation between a beer's color and its' thickness.

The difference between a pale beer and a dark beer has zero to do with anything other than how the malt used to make the beer was heated/kilned/cooked before the beer was made.

Don't tell me, you think that all dark beers are heavy and high ABV? Dig the hole deeper, neophyte.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:27 AM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
What I really like is that it feels like you're implying that there is some correlation between a beer's color and its' thickness.

The difference between a pale beer and a dark beer has zero to do with anything other than how the malt used to make the beer was heated/kilned/cooked before the beer was made.

Don't tell me, you think that all dark beers are heavy and high ABV? Dig the hole deeper, neophyte.
For all the super thick stouts that I enjoy, two that have battled the test of time are Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate and Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Stout... I think both are around ~6%, no thicker than a pale ale.

Those are the gateway stouts to better stouts, as you acquire a taste for them.... going from Keystone Light to a Boulevard Sugarwood as an attempt to try a stout is as ridiculous as trying something over 20% for the first time ever and it's a cask strength bourbon... uh yeah, you're not going to enjoy it. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 05:40 AM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Have you tried this yet? :-)

Damn good and 9.5% is a thing of beauty. Very hazy with a nice flavor.

I tried that one early this month. Definitely a good one!
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:57 PM 07-14-2023
Alright KCU, tell me your New England beer stories.

[Reply]
KCUnited 10:00 PM 07-14-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Alright KCU, tell me your New England beer stories.

Man that's looks really nice

I don't have a ton of stories other than beercationing through the NE a few years ago which I highly recommend. I can only imagine it being like spots in Europe where there's just great beer flowing at the most non-imposing spots like its everyday life

I do feel though that NE changed the IPA game disrupting what some might pigeon hole the IPA style

West Coast being much drier and bitter to fit their climate and NE doing it at a higher finishing gravity with a different water profile and yeast strain which paired with certain hops created a differing IPA with a softer mouthfeel and juicier hop expression

I guess the story is that not all IPAs are created the same. They're regional similar to BBQ

Tossing it back, I found a
Bottle Logic Space Trace on tap out here in Globe this week

That 13% abv and thiccc mouthfeel hits different when its 115F outside haha

Still delicious though

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:48 AM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Man that's looks really nice

I don't have a ton of stories other than beercationing through the NE a few years ago which I highly recommend. I can only imagine it being like spots in Europe where there's just great beer flowing at the most non-imposing spots like its everyday life

I do feel though that NE changed the IPA game disrupting what some might pigeon hole the IPA style

West Coast being much drier and bitter to fit their climate and NE doing it at a higher finishing gravity with a different water profile and yeast strain which paired with certain hops created a differing IPA with a softer mouthfeel and juicier hop expression

I guess the story is that not all IPAs are created the same. They're regional similar to BBQ

Tossing it back, I found a Bottle Logic Space Trace on tap out here in Globe this week

That 13% abv and thiccc mouthfeel hits different when its 115F outside haha

Still delicious though
I mapped out a route between Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, Lawson's, and Foam... and will probably wait until mid-late September and hope the stouts have sprouted by then.

Saying it's always stout season hits a little different in Phoenix for sure, heh. I just saw Paisley Cave Complex on a feed the other day, too. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:28 AM 07-15-2023
I mapped out a route between Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, Lawson's, and Foam... and will probably wait until mid-late September and hope the stouts have sprouted by then.

Saying it's always stout season hits a little different in Phoenix for sure, heh. I just saw Paisley Cave Complex on a feed the other day, too. :-)
That's a good list.

We stayed in Waterbury as our base and I'm sad to see that some of the places we enjoyed are now closed. Unfortunately Alchemist hadn't opened their space when I was there

If you're in the Waterbury area I'd recommend Blackback Pub and Prohibition Pig

You can monitor Hill Farmstead as I believe they post what they're releasing a week before the actual release

And as always bags fly free with Southwest so I flew an entire suitcase full of beer back to Chicago
[Reply]
scho63 01:10 PM 07-15-2023
On my second 24oz can of Dogfish 90 Minute Imperial IPA.

9% and very tasty. Not getting that bitter taste I sometimes get from higher ABV IPA's like New Belgium Voodoo Ranger.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:15 PM 07-15-2023
That's a good list.

We stayed in Waterbury as our base and I'm sad to see that some of the places we enjoyed are now closed. Unfortunately Alchemist hadn't opened their space when I was there

If you're in the Waterbury area I'd recommend Blackback Pub and Prohibition Pig

You can monitor Hill Farmstead as I believe they post what they're releasing a week before the actual release

And as always bags fly free with Southwest so I flew an entire suitcase full of beer back to Chicago
Thanks, Prohibition Pig has popped up a couple times now, and might swing by Ben & Jerry's, too
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:23 PM 07-15-2023
Thanks, Prohibition Pig has popped up a couple times now, and might swing by Ben & Jerry's, too
Completely random and probably TMI but if you love cheese as much as I do there's a large Cabot Creamery Store right near Ben & Jerry's

I probably spent an hour in there sampling like 100 different cheeses :-)

If you're YOLOing on fat calories its a really nice 1-2 punch
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:44 PM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
On my second 24oz can of Dogfish 90 Minute Imperial IPA.

9% and very tasty. Not getting that bitter taste I sometimes get from higher ABV IPA's like New Belgium Voodoo Ranger.
I buy 120 Minute whenever I see it... at that point though, it doesn't really drink like an IPA.

I was curious if it was in the OP...

Originally Posted by :
Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA
What can we say? If the West Coast Style IPA (arguably) became the USA's contribution to the beer world and is itself an exaggerated version of the English IPA, what is the next level? How about a version boasting 18% alcohol and 120 International Bitterness Units? (Note to non-beer nerds: That's crazy bitter.) Be careful with that 12-oz. bottle.

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:45 PM 07-15-2023
Completely random and probably TMI but if you love cheese as much as I do there's a large Cabot Creamery Store right near Ben & Jerry's

I probably spent an hour in there sampling like 100 different cheeses :-)

If you're YOLOing on fat calories its a really nice 1-2 punch
Add in all the beer and I should have started saving calories a couple months ago. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 02:40 PM 07-15-2023
I found a local source for all the good beer as I continue into the Hazy scene. I'm enjoying my exploration into Hazy IPAs more than bourbon.

This one is damn good.

[Reply]
Page 368 of 383
« First < 268318358364365366367368 369370371372378 > Last »
Up