ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 63
« First < 13535960616263
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
New World Order 04:18 PM Today
We have a tough stretch coming up
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:24 PM Today
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We have a tough stretch coming up
That's an understatement. Yeah, next six weeks are nooo joke. Cleveland twice, Dodgers, Yankees, and a bunch of teams hovering around .500. Though we do get Miami and Oakland sprinkled in. Thankfully, July looks like it should be a breath of fresh air. I'd be totally okay with going .500 in June.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
That's an understatement. Yeah, next six weeks are nooo joke. Cleveland twice, Dodgers, Yankees, and a bunch of teams hovering around .500. Though we do get Miami and Oakland sprinkled in. Thankfully, July looks like it should be a breath of fresh air. I'd be totally okay with going .500 in June.
That's the "men from the boys" point for me. If we come out of June over .500 then make room for me on the all in bandwagon. We are doing a great job right now building cushion. This is a very important next two weeks to continue to add to the cushion. If we enter June 12-13 games over .500, we can sustain a bad stretch in that gauntlet.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:23 PM Today
Originally Posted by nychief:
I think the problem there...is what are the other options. Waters? Sure. Cross isn't ready yet.

We'll be in the market for an OF bat no matter what...but it's slim pickings right now.
I'd call up Waters and have him play everyday for awhile. Use Renfroe as what he has become....a defensive replacement. Melendez can go back to Omaha or be a part of a trade if some other team thinks they can fix him.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 63
« First < 13535960616263
Up