ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 27
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Potential 1st round Targets
MahomesMagic 03:51 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Legette's a guy who could fall to us in the 2nd, possibly.

Depends on how the league views his late break out.

DK went #64 and might not have had as many question marks.
He's nowhere near what DK Metcalf was coming out.

I don't hate him, would probably like getting him if the price was right.

DK popped on the screen. Just a freak show player. That's not Legette.

Plays like a slower AJ Brown without the craftiness.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:51 AM 02-18-2024
Half these guys could go in the mid to late second, that's the nature of picking last.

We'll see how things develop after the combine and leading up the draft.

For now, I think it's a good list.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:18 PM 02-18-2024
I’m early into my studies but right now Franklin is the early leader in the clubhouse at 32…

Seems to be open deep downfield a lot, AKA Patrick’s perfect type of receiver as we know he doesn’t like to make risky throws downfield often. Perfect complement the offense needs right now in the vertical plane.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:11 PM 02-18-2024
We’ll see where we are in a couple weeks with Sneed. But if we lose him/tag and trade him there is a white boy out of Iowa that Spags is dreaming about deploying. Not too mention it sure would be nice to have a good punt returner for the first time in 5 years.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:38 PM 02-18-2024

Yeah, I have to agree:-)
[Reply]
Stryker 08:56 PM 02-18-2024
In the first round I want Troy Franklin. That I believe is undisputable. There are so many mock drafts all over the place. Troy Franklin would be my #1 choice for first round pick and take Xavier Legette in the second even if you have to move up to get him. Of course this depends on the Chris Jones/Sneed outcomes but, I would not be opposed to 2 WR's with our first 2 picks. Think about it, can you imagine a WR group of Rice, Franklin and Legette? Talk about DYNASTY! Holy shit! :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:36 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by Stryker:
In the first round I want Troy Franklin. That I believe is undisputable. There are so many mock drafts all over the place. Troy Franklin would be my #1 choice for first round pick and take Xavier Legette in the second even if you have to move up to get him. Of course this depends on the Chris Jones/Sneed outcomes but, I would not be opposed to 2 WR's with our first 2 picks. Think about it, can you imagine a WR group of Rice, Franklin and Legette? Talk about DYNASTY! Holy shit! :-)
I've been holding my tongue but this is my hope as well. Currently, we're well positioned for this outcome.
[Reply]
Stryker 02-18-2024, 09:00 PM
This message has been deleted by Stryker.
Stryker 09:04 PM 02-18-2024

My personal vote for our #1 pick! :-)
[Reply]
JPH83 11:53 AM 02-19-2024
Yep, Franklin is the guy. If lots of the evaluators are right and he's available at 32 that's a slam dunk imo. I think he's probably gone by then
[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yep, Franklin is the guy. If lots of the evaluators are right and he's available at 32 that's a slam dunk imo. I think he's probably gone by then
Yea, when there's a majority of us in agreement about one player like this, it's usually the way to go.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:42 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, when there's a majority of us in agreement about one player like this, it's usually the way to go.
I tend to agree, but I also remember being part of the group that adamantly wanted WR Toney in the late 1st round.

If I had it my way, we'd go...

1. WR Franklin
2. WR Legette
3. RB Wright
4. TE Bennett

..but those might be some risky picks.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:44 PM 02-19-2024
Which of the top WRs have the best hands? It bugs me that I can't find stats around drops for college players.

Obviously speed and shiftiness have historically been critical factors for success in the Mahomes-led offense. With our new elite defense, however, I wonder if Veach & co. are thinking about placing a higher emphasis on avoiding drops just to keep the chains moving.

Seems our achilles heel this year was Toney, MVS & JWatson drops. Sure, the latter two made big splash plays for us, but as far as being consistently sure-handed, they weren't all that. Hell, even Rice had drops in the first half of the year.

If we had glue-hands at the WR spots and give up a little bit of speed, that might serve us best.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:23 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Which of the top WRs have the best hands? It bugs me that I can't find stats around drops for college players.

Obviously speed and shiftiness have historically been critical factors for success in the Mahomes-led offense. With our new elite defense, however, I wonder if Veach & co. are thinking about placing a higher emphasis on avoiding drops just to keep the chains moving.

Seems our achilles heel this year was Toney, MVS & JWatson drops. Sure, the latter two made big splash plays for us, but as far as being consistently sure-handed, they weren't all that. Hell, even Rice had drops in the first half of the year.

If we had glue-hands at the WR spots and give up a little bit of speed, that might serve us best.
PFF includes this info... I'll take a look later and add what I can to the thread, but if I recall correctly the only stats that really stuck out to me were Coleman and Burton were like 0% drop rate WRs, and Franklin was 10%.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:33 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
PFF includes this info... I'll take a look later and add what I can to the thread, but if I recall correctly the only stats that really stuck out to me were Coleman and Burton were like 0% drop rate WRs, and Franklin was 10%.
That'd be cool. I'd guess Ricky Pearsall, Ladd McConkey, and Ja'Lynn Polk are going to be quite low.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 27
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up