Page 50 of 103
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcpasco 11:01 AM 08-03-2022
I agree with you DJ. I’ll clarify by saying this is the first time in awhile I really like our offense and collection of young position players, so losing Soto doesn’t bother me. And it’s a damn shame Moe won’t seriously fix the starting pitching going forward.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:14 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I agree with you DJ. I’ll clarify by saying this is the first time in awhile I really like our offense and collection of young position players, so losing Soto doesn’t bother me. And it’s a damn shame Moe won’t seriously fix the starting pitching going forward.
Losing Soto really bothers me. They didn't trade a single prospect from the Soto deal for any of the pitchers they traded for. There's absolutely zero reason they couldn't have done both. They just don't really care as long as the attendance numbers and TV contract keep cashing checks.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:16 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nope. Not even mad.

They're somebody else's problem now.

Congrats to the prospect hoarders and the BFIB who are always so concerned about Bill DeWitt's pocketbook. Once again, Bill's vacation houses won out over the pursuit of a championship.

I'm sure he'll let you look at some pictures if you google them. So you've got that going for you.

I'm done with 'em. This franchise is what it is and I want no part of it.
Come on west young man, come west.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 11:26 AM 08-03-2022
Disappointed about not getting Soto but was pleasantly surprised by the two pitcher trades. It wasn’t the usual dumpster fire like it usually is.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:59 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Losing Soto really bothers me. They didn't trade a single prospect from the Soto deal for any of the pitchers they traded for. There's absolutely zero reason they couldn't have done both. They just don't really care as long as the attendance numbers and TV contract keep cashing checks.
Cardinals were in on Cabrera and Colby Rasmus was the untouchable. In on Juan Soto and Dylan Carlson is the untouchable... yeesh.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:01 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Cardinals were in on Cabrera and Colby Rasmus was the untouchable. In on Juan Soto and Dylan Carlson is the untouchable... yeesh.
I bought Rasmus a beer back when he was in Springfield lol. We were at the same club that night.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:18 PM 08-03-2022
Now we just need Carlson's dad to completely sour his relationship with the club and we have come full circle.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:20 PM 08-03-2022
Nah, Carlson was just an excuse not to do it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:22 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Come on west young man, come west.
He’s not a masochist
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:24 PM 08-03-2022
But they did eventually trade Rasmus for Jackson, Dotel and Rzepczyinski which was partly key to winning it all in 2011. LaRussa isn’t here to sprinkle pixie dust on an Edward Jackson this time though.
[Reply]
VAChief 03:06 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Isn't plantar fasciitis what started the decline of Pujols health?
He had issues with his feet as far back as 2004, but I do think the severity increased about the time he started to decline.

I had a case in my early 30's (I was still playing hardball) and it took about 6 months to get relief from the stabbing pain to more manageable pain.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:44 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by VAChief:
He had issues with his feet as far back as 2004, but I do think the severity increased about the time he started to decline.

I had a case in my early 30's (I was still playing hardball) and it took about 6 months to get relief from the stabbing pain to more manageable pain.
I've had it too. They gave me a boot to sleep in that stretched my foot toward my shin.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:36 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I've had it too. They gave me a boot to sleep in that stretched my foot toward my shin.
I've had it in both feet at once. Getting out of bed in the morning was a bitch. Bought some arch compression sleeves to sleep in at night and it helped tremendously.

Also used a frozen bottle of water to roll around with my feet.

Tight calves cause tension on the Achilles and pull on the plantar fascia causing this. Working the calves and Achilles to loosen and stretch the tendon is usually the remedy. Im surprised he has been out this long, must have a real shit case of it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:56 PM 08-04-2022
The problem is every time some turd slap dick like Nootbar gets hot, MO and the BFIB literally jerk off at the thought of having a cheap, "grinder" taking up a spot.

I have seriously seen posts justifying passing on Soto because Noot (this dumbass fan base and their nicknames) is "hot".

Fuck it I'm with dj
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:10 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The problem is every time some turd slap dick like Nootbar gets hot, MO and the BFIB literally jerk off at the thought of having a cheap, "grinder" taking up a spot.

I have seriously seen posts justifying passing on Soto because Noot (this dumbass fan base and their nicknames) is "hot".

**** it I'm with dj
And he just walked it off lol
[Reply]
Page 50 of 103
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Up