ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 88
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:59 AM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Is THAT why they look so shitty when you stream them? Make sense.

I typically use my antenna for CBS broadcasts because they just look awful through youtube.TV. Maybe they'd look okay on a computer monitor but on any decent TV, they're trash.
I think the low quality through streaming services like Youtube TV is a function of incompetence / indifference of the local affiliate. They get the master feed from the networks and re-encode it. Some better than others.
[Reply]
wazu 10:01 AM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sure tom

Back with McDaniels. The era of the "Owner/Player" is about to begin.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:06 AM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Is THAT why they look so shitty when you stream them? Make sense.

I typically use my antenna for CBS broadcasts because they just look awful through youtube.TV. Maybe they'd look okay on a computer monitor but on any decent TV, they're trash.
It's very apparent when you download rips from TYT and compare, too.

I stopped using my own captures from OTA because everything I downloaded from TYT looked better.

But FOX still looks better, even then.

YMMV with local affiliates but here they compress the signal even more.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:13 AM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Going to be interesting. Will they somehow find a way to weasel him millions of dollars while he barely counts against the cap? That would be the premise of such an arrangement I would imagine. They can surround him with superstars while barely having a cap hit at the QB position.

Would hope there is something in place preventing this but if anyone can pull it off, it's sleaze bag Brady.
[Reply]
wazu 10:38 AM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Going to be interesting. Will they somehow find a way to weasel him millions of dollars while he barely counts against the cap? That would be the premise of such an arrangement I would imagine. They can surround him with superstars while barely having a cap hit at the QB position.

Would hope there is something in place preventing this but if anyone can pull it off, it's sleaze bag Brady.
Actually pretty sure you're not allowed to play if you're an owner. Not sure if it means anything for his broadcasting career. Such a weird choice.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:42 AM 05-12-2023
Raiders will suck as long as Davis stupid dufuss looking ass owns them. They are cash poor because he's a moron and now he has to bring in a partner and give up a percentage? Born into money and learned nothing.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:45 AM 05-12-2023

[Reply]
Hoover 10:52 AM 05-12-2023
im fine with whatever.

He's done and the Chiefs have Mahomes
[Reply]
GoForIt 11:18 AM 05-12-2023

I doubt he is going to play for the Raiders. Although it would be awesome to see him put Jimmy on the bench again. LOL
[Reply]
oldman 11:27 AM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sure tom

Just another reason to hate the Raiders and Brady (like I need another one).
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:34 AM 05-12-2023
Leaves the Pats and identifies with Pirates. Maybe the Vikings if the Raider thing falls flat
[Reply]
notorious 11:57 AM 05-12-2023
He needs to retire from living.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:52 PM 05-12-2023

If they do this, the Chiefs should be allowed to do the same damn thing with Mahomes. I will be curious to see how many people in the media will have the balls to call out the blatant cheating if the Raiders are allowed to do it and other teams are blocked from doing it.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:03 PM 05-12-2023
Great.

[Reply]
wazu 04:05 PM 05-12-2023
Man, can you imagine how disgusted we'd all be if Brady was in serious talks to become part owner of the Chiefs? This place would be melting down. Full scorched-earth mode.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 88
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Up