ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 78
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
Silock 11:44 AM 06-19-2017
Originally Posted by God of Thunder:
Currently live in Overland Park - am a Disney Vacation Club member. Been over 40 times. Am 31.
Where do you own? Thinking about buying into AKL.
[Reply]
Silock 11:26 PM 07-07-2017
Well, looks like we're going back at the end of January. Sweet!
[Reply]
God of Thunder 11:33 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by Silock:
Where do you own? Thinking about buying into AKL.
I own at Grand Floridian. I don't like buying into AKL or Saratoga, you can PM me for my reasons if you'd like. Love AKL though! Stay there often!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:00 AM 07-08-2017
Originally Posted by Silock:
Well, looks like we're going back at the end of January. Sweet!
Nice! Just returned from there. Stayed only 1 night on Disney property , then a week off site at a time share. Had a blast!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:06 AM 07-08-2017
Originally Posted by God of Thunder:
I own at Grand Floridian. I don't like buying into AKL or Saratoga, you can PM me for my reasons if you'd like. Love AKL though! Stay there often!
From your perspective is the Grand Floridian really that much better than Wilderness Lodge?

It's nice, but for my .02 I would stay at WL and AKL over staying at the Grand Floridian. Or to some extent the Treehouse Villas.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 09:43 AM 07-08-2017
The only thing I didn't like about AKL is the distance to MK, Epcot and HS.
[Reply]
Silock 10:15 PM 07-08-2017
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
From your perspective is the Grand Floridian really that much better than Wilderness Lodge?

It's nice, but for my .02 I would stay at WL and AKL over staying at the Grand Floridian. Or to some extent the Treehouse Villas.
I would stay at Polynesian over all, but only because of how much I love Trader Sam's.

AKL is my favorite, though.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:38 PM 07-08-2017
We are looking at getting a Disney property through a dvc rental site. Has anyone used those? It seems like a great deal.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:55 AM 07-09-2017
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

Just my personal opinion...

Grand Floridian is nice, but I don't care for the theme.

Give me Contemporary, Wilderness or Polynesian over that anyday
[Reply]
Silock 05:39 PM 07-09-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We are looking at getting a Disney property through a dvc rental site. Has anyone used those? It seems like a great deal.
It is a good deal, but you won't get any of the DVC perks, like access to the cool lounges.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:14 AM 07-10-2017
I will be travelling to Orlando in early February for work, thinking about bringing the family down for 2 days after. Is that enough time to do Disney with an almost 3 & almost 8 year old? I understand it won't be like staying for a week, but can you even make a worthwhile dent in 2 days?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:31 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
My sister and my dad are DVC members and I have stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and The Boardwalk.

AKL was cool because of the balcony and all the zoo animals (zebras, giraffes, etc.) you can watch. But if your room is towards the back of the hotel then you have to walk FOREVER to get to it as you make your way around the animal enclosure. This really sucks when you get back from the park after walking 10 miles during the day and now you have to walk in your hotel room. This hotel is also quite a ways away from the parks so they have long bus rides.

The Boardwalk was my favorite by far. You can walk to Epcot and Disney Studios. If you have a park hopper pass, then you can walk through Epcot over to the monorails. There is a nightclub and an ESPN Zone there for night time things to do. Plus there is a bunch of entertainment at night like you would have seen on the boardwalk 100 years ago. Magic shows, jugglers, dancing routines, etc. Snack carts and little restaurants are there too. There is a little sandwich shop that was really good.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:17 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I will be travelling to Orlando in early February for work, thinking about bringing the family down for 2 days after. Is that enough time to do Disney with an almost 3 & almost 8 year old? I understand it won't be like staying for a week, but can you even make a worthwhile dent in 2 days?
In my opinion, it all depends on what you want to do & what parks you want to go to. You could easily spend 2 full days at Magic Kingdom. But, if all you did was spend those 2 days at Magic Kingdom, I'd say it was worthwhile - to me at least.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:04 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
In my opinion, it all depends on what you want to do & what parks you want to go to. You could easily spend 2 full days at Magic Kingdom. But, if all you did was spend those 2 days at Magic Kingdom, I'd say it was worthwhile - to me at least.
I agree.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:34 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I add to that agreement....especially for the ages of the kids he has. And honestly even 2 days might not be enough.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 78
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up