ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 78
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 10:33 AM 07-08-2008
Originally Posted by Silock:
Agreed.

My faves:
1a. Animal Kingdom
1b. Epcot
3. Magic Kingdom
4. MGM
I probably have it:

1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3a. Animal Kingdom
3b. MGM

Animal Kingdom has some really cool stuff but it gets a lower rating from me mainly because there are some great zoos around here. Hopefully they continue to add rides.
[Reply]
Silock 11:14 AM 07-08-2008
Yeah, not too many great zoos in the KC area. Best is Omaha, but that's kinda far away.
[Reply]
ct 12:25 PM 07-08-2008
Originally Posted by mmaddog:
The problem with most people that go is that they refuse to enjoy the parks like they are kids. The Magic Kingdom is meant to be enjoyed like you aren't an adult....but most people have a pole stuck up their butt and can't do that.
QFT

Just got back from a 10 day trip a couple weeks ago. Had an awesome time!! Only my teenage son did not enjoy the trip, but he's just too cool for WDW, so it wasn't a surprise. He brought his best friend with him, and even he had a good time.

We got to be Grand Marshalls of the Main St. parade, that was damn cool! Cheesy as hell, but great fun! Not sure who enjoyed it more, my 2 kids (the younger ones, 10 and 7, not the teen) or my wife, who's a bona fide Disney nutcase (in a good way :-).
[Reply]
007 01:22 PM 07-08-2008
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Which one is Splash Mountain? What does it do exactly?
How did you NOT see that one? It is right next to Big Thunder Mountain.

It is basically like the Viking Voyage at Worlds of fun but on steroids. Guess you could also compare it to Small World with the big drop at the end if it annoys you. heh
[Reply]
007 01:29 PM 07-08-2008
Oh man, I forgot to do the Muppet show. I really wanted to catch that one. Every other one of those we did and enjoyed.
That one was great but can't touch Philharmagic at all.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:32 PM 07-08-2008
Originally Posted by Guru:
How did you NOT see that one? It is right next to Big Thunder Mountain.

It is basically like the Viking Voyage at Worlds of fun but on steroids. Guess you could also compare it to Small World with the big drop at the end if it annoys you. heh
Ummm.....I guess you missed this post.

Oh, that one. Yes, we rode that. It was alright. We also liked that train roller coaster ride. Oh, and another thing we liked about the Magic Kingdom is the parades. We caught the afternoon parade and the night parade (with all the lights).

[Reply]
007 01:32 PM 07-08-2008
The problem with Walmart is that they do have interactive lines. It's just all geared toward women. When was the last time you saw a men's magazine while waiting int he checkout line?
:-) Walmart!
Yeah, but then they would be called sexist.
[Reply]
Friendo 01:33 PM 07-08-2008
fwiw--the two restaurants I highly recommend are Boma, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (buffet-style--domestic and native foods) the breakfast was the best I've ever had bar-none, and the Retro-cafe?? at Disney Studios (formerly MGM)---like stepping back into mom's kitchen in the fifties--the kids loved both.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:33 PM 07-08-2008
That one was great but can't touch Philharmagic at all.
Philharmagic? Which park was that? Don't believe we saw that.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 01:33 PM 07-08-2008
Magic Kingdom. It's excellent.
[Reply]
007 01:35 PM 07-08-2008
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Gay Days?
Surprisingly it was not too bad. Unfortunately they had the primary color of red so you know exactly who and where they were all the time. It was a damn sea of red. Thank God I didn't wear my red shirt that day.:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 01:37 PM 07-08-2008
Speaking of restaurants....
I didn't try this place but my in-laws did on the day that we drove to Lakeland to visit our friends. Apparently, Fort Wilderness has a buffet place up by the boat dock. According to them, it is horrible. The layout is terrible and the pricing is really high.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:38 PM 07-08-2008
Surprisingly it was not too bad. Unfortunately they had the primary color of red so you know exactly who and where they were all the time. It was a damn sea of red. Thank God I didn't wear my red shirt that day.:-)
I'm surprised it wasn't pink and green.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 01:38 PM 07-08-2008
Originally Posted by Friendo:
fwiw--the two restaurants I highly recommend are Boma, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (buffet-style--domestic and native foods) the breakfast was the best I've ever had bar-none, and the Retro-cafe?? at Disney Studios (formerly MGM)---like stepping back into mom's kitchen in the fifties--the kids loved both.
It's called the 50's Prime Time Cafe and it's a dining experience. :-)
[Reply]
007 01:40 PM 07-08-2008
Sorry to say, you really missed out on by far the BEST 3D show in all the parks. I went back to watch it again I enjoyed it so much. It is back by Peter Pan.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 78
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up