ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed gets paid
wazu 09:30 AM 03-26-2024

New #Titans CB L'Jarius Sneed has agreed to terms on a massive new contract now that his deal to Tennessee is done, getting a 4-year, $76.4M deal, sources say. It includes $55M guaranteed and a $20M signing bonus. One of the highest-paid CBs. pic.twitter.com/DkMRU0yMoD

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:39 AM 03-26-2024
It just doesn't get better than L'Jarius Sneed.

4th round pick. Plays solid > good > great > elite. All on a rookie deal, cheap as dirt. Great dude and locker room from start to finish, never a negative peep out of him. Massively helps us win 2 SBs. He should be universally praised in KC on his way out. And now there's a very decent chance the Chiefs are saying goodbye at just the right time, rather than a year too late.

Only thing that would've topped it off better is more draft comp, but that's covered by the last point above. No one wanted to give more for a reason.
[Reply]
Danguardace 10:40 AM 03-26-2024
Well deserved good luck to him
[Reply]
Otter 10:43 AM 03-26-2024
Would have rather seen him go to Atlanta or Dallas but it is what it is. Go treat yourself to something nice.
[Reply]
wazu 10:44 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
It just doesn't get better than L'Jarius Sneed.

4th round pick. Plays solid > good > great > elite. All on a rookie deal, cheap as dirt. Great dude and locker room from start to finish, never a negative peep out of him. Massively helps us win 2 SBs. He should be universally praised in KC on his way out. And now there's a very decent chance the Chiefs are saying goodbye at just the right time, rather than a year too late.

Only thing that would've topped it off better is more draft comp, but that's covered by the last point above. No one wanted to give more for a reason.
And on top of it all, we didn't stop drafting CBs and have guys ready to step right in without much dropoff. This is how you maintain a dynasty.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:47 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
WTF are you blabbing about? He gets paid what the market says he gets paid.
Not what I meant. The meaning is above your head. Don't worry about it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:50 AM 03-26-2024
Would rather have Jones
[Reply]
scho63 10:50 AM 03-26-2024
Imagine if the poor guys gets hurt early in the season and they have to eat all that money.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:01 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm at least glad that we paid him a grand total of $6 million for four years of peak production and another team is now paying him $76 million in hopes that he can keep it up.
I was really glad when the league set up that rookie scale to keep from paying a billion dollars to a Jamarcus Russell. But I almost feel like it's gone too far the other way. Sneed has been a great player and his career is probably almost halfway over, and he's made peanuts, relatively speaking.
[Reply]
Toad 11:03 AM 03-26-2024
Thank You L'Jarius! Appreciate all your contributions.

Happy for you that you got your bag of $.

Now, GTFO!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:13 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
we won a super bowl without charvarius ward, too.
TWO
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:32 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Would rather have Jones
As do the Chiefs.
[Reply]
KCJake 11:55 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Would rather have Jones
Me too. I don't know that I want him 11 million dollars more, but it is what it is ..
[Reply]
PHOG 11:59 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Good for him. Better for him since TN does not have a state income tax. Wish him well and all the success he can have with the floundering franchise that is the Tennessee Tits.
Yep, congrats LJ. I was a little worried when the Colts were rumored to be in the running. Could you imagine Sneed shutting down 1 of our receivers in the playoffs? (If they make it) Would be far from ideal, but the Tits not so much.
[Reply]
scho63 12:40 PM 03-26-2024
No hatred for this guy. Only hate he went to a quasi-competitor in the AFC.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:58 PM 03-26-2024
Congrats to Sneed. Deserves every penny. Wish he could’ve stayed in KC, but that’s the NFL. To be great LJ. Thx for everything buddy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up