ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 03:08 PM 03-23-2024
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:55 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
That's a good one, 16/17. Lucas began the first 6 games as starter. Then Doke started the next 6 before he got hurt.

Lagerald Vick was also benched his senior year, but he was replaced by Charlie Moore and it wasn't because the other guy was better, or a to have Vick come off the bench as an energy guy.
Tarik Black also started at center over Embiid for a bit in 13/14.

Black transferred in from Memphis though, so I don’t consider him one is Self’s guys.

Pretty sure Vick left the team that year for reasons unknown.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:59 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Tarik Black also started at center over Embiid for a bit in 13/14.

Black transferred in from Memphis though, so I don’t consider him one is Self’s guys.

Pretty sure Vick left the team that year for reasons unknown.
Vick definitely left. I don't know if we ever found out what that was all about.

I found the article from his benching. Self's reasoning was that Vick had a "rough practice" and that he "hoped it was behind him now." I can't remember what all of the rumors were at the time.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:05 PM 03-23-2024
Vick definitely left. I don't know if we ever found out what that was all about.

I found the article from his benching. Self's reasoning was that Vick had a "rough practice" and that he "hoped it was behind him now." I can't remember what all of the rumors were at the time.
KCC probably knows. He was Vick’s #1 fan.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:36 PM 03-23-2024
Morningstar got benched a couple times. Also willingly gave up his scholly.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:31 AM 03-24-2024
Didn't Mitch Lightfoot start a year and then didn't later on?
[Reply]
Lzen 12:21 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
KJ would be fine off the bench in an energy role.

Can’t be a starter. Bidunga and Dickinson.

Get Leipold in KJ’s ear about playing tight end.
I agree with this. Love kj but he just doesn't bring enough offensively to be a starter. Heck, his defense was lackluster yesterday as well
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:38 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I agree with this. Love kj but he just doesn't bring enough offensively to be a starter. Heck, his defense was lackluster yesterday as well
Bidunga brings elite level athleticism, length, and rim protection. Adams only has the athleticism.

Bidunga and Dickinson could play well together, because Bidunga has the size to play around the basket unlike Adams. It could force teams to defend Dickinson with their 4. He’d abuse them in the midrange.

Defensively, Bidunga has the athletic ability to defend the opposing 4, while also not being a liability as a post defender against traditional bigs.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:29 PM 03-24-2024
KJ at times this season was the best player on both ends of the floor. He carried this team at times. That's how bad the offense was.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:32 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
KJ at times this season was the best player on both ends of the floor. He carried this team at times. That's how bad the offense was.
He would be a great energy big off the bench.

He’s just too limited to be much more than that on a great team.

He can’t do anything about his height or length, and hasn’t developed an outside shot.

I know people made the Draymond Green comparison, but Green could actually shoot.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:45 PM 03-24-2024
I love KJ. He's just not good enough to be a starter on a championship team. Could KU win a championship with him starting, of course. But, he'd be carried up that mountain by the rest of the team.

He has no future in basketball. He should become a TE and play football. Bet he be damn good.
[Reply]
teedubya 09:49 PM 03-24-2024
We are spoiled with the Chiefs and Jayhawks... plus KC Royals went to 2 World Series in the past decade... so, now we know what it feels like to be Boston in the 2000s.

Let's reload Jayhawks!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:51 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I love KJ. He's just not good enough to be a starter on a championship team. Could KU win a championship with him starting, of course. But, he'd be carried up that mountain by the rest of the team.

He has no future in basketball. He should become a TE and play football. Bet he be damn good.
He probably wouldn’t be Jimmy Graham or Antonio Gates, but fucking Rico Gathers was in the NFL for a few years. He could be better than Rico.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:00 AM 03-25-2024
Can anyone think of another example where Self has benched one of "his" guys for an incoming freshman, especially a 2 year starting senior?

I just don't see him sitting KJ. He trusts him and KJ plays his ass off. Self loves those guys. Morningstar, Releford, RussRob, for example.

I get the sentiment of bringing him off the bench, I just can't think of when Self has ever done something like that. As good as Bidunga may be, its hard for a freshman to crack the starting lineup for Self.
RussRob started, but he was losing more and more minutes as the year went on.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:25 PM 03-26-2024
KU should be all over Colby Rogers.

Seems like an ideal fit. Rogers, Furphy, and McNeeley could give us 3 elite level shooters.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:19 PM 03-31-2024
Got Kugel.

He’ll be a nice rotational guard. Will be great to have depth again.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up