ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 57
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:13 PM 03-22-2024
Wow.

Only explanation I can think of is his knee is worse than we think or maybe Sneed wasn't going to play on the Tag?

Why not just keep him for the 3peat run?
[Reply]
In58men 09:13 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Apparently Sneeds value wasn't that great.
Not with his injuries.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:13 PM 03-22-2024
Sneed is old for free agent corner (27) and has injury issues. Lots of red flags on him for a huge deal. Hell of a Chief, wish him the best.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:13 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If this trade happened prior to free agency, I 100000% guarantee you every single person here would’ve said we should’ve sat right and let a bidding war develop.
Twisted, I think you’re forgetting that I’m going to wait until this season is over and then tell you what I would’ve done.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:13 PM 03-22-2024
That trade has to be backwards.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:14 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We have Bolton, Creed, Trey, and Reid who need new contracts…
They don't need to do anything with those guys this year.

If they do a deal with Creed that extends him and keeps his cap low this year I'm fine with that.

Bolton should be allowed to walk.

Same with Trey.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:14 PM 03-22-2024
:-) 19 AAV over 4 years.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:14 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Wow.

Only explanation I can think of is his knee is worse than we think or maybe Sneed wasn't going to play on the Tag?

Why not just keep him for the 3peat run?
I know there was chatter that his knee is pretty bad, there were questions how much he has left.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:14 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
They don't need to do anything with those guys this year.

If they do a deal with Creed that extends him and keeps his cap low this year I'm fine with that.

Bolton should be allowed to walk.

Same with Trey.
Bolton allowed to walk?? Are you high?? He’s literally the captain of the defense and makes all the calls
[Reply]
SupDock 09:15 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) 19 AAV over 4 years.
What the actual fuck
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:15 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Chiefs have cash and Mahomes. We’ll be just fine.

You have to remember Sneed broke his collarbone, had a concussion and has a nagging knee issue. Veach took what he could and saved us hella money.

I’m not mad at all
The injuries may well be the “more to it” that I referenced.

Sneed seems like a good dude, but a lot of our guys turn out to be shitheads that Reid was keeping in line. We’ll see here.

I trust Veach with DBs no matter what.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 09:15 PM 03-22-2024
No one imagined we would get that little. It’s unconscionable.

We should have kept him.

If we needed the cap Space that badly they should’ve taken more out of the Mahomes contract. Also, are there any other contracts we could restructure?

It’s all right to say “in Veach we trust” but this is clearly a terrible move on his part. He needs to be called out on it when you mix blunders like this. No one always hits home runs and he shouldn’t be expected to either. And obviously he has done well overall. But this is terrible. Much worse than the sky Moore draft because you didn’t know you were getting someone useless then. Now you know you’re treating someone of really great value for essentially nothing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is anybody aware of a elite corner being given away for so little ever by anyone?
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:15 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Why not keep him on the tag this year, and get a comp pick in 26?

This does nothing for us this year except $20MM more in cap as we head into the 3rd wave of Free Agency.

I mean, trust in Veach, but I’m confused. Do we just early sign next years guys? Is there a trade incoming?

Feels like we are trading for a left tackle
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:15 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by AusChief:
Embarrassing trade. 3rd year in a row with a sub par FA period that has blown a huge headwind for this team. How was that not done two weeks ago before every FA was signed.

Lucky Veach can draft players. (& has Mahomes).
Veach can draft players? He's blown two first rounders in CEH and FAU. He traded up to score Breeland Speaks in the 2nd round. Mecole Hardman over DK Metcalf. The Skyy Moore experience.

Facts not in evidence, AusChief, if that is your real name.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:15 PM 03-22-2024

Sources: Here are the terms on L'Jarius Sneed’s new contract extension with the #Titans:

$19M APY over 4 years
$55M guaranteed

MASSIVE �� https://t.co/swZliQ9vyk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Page 6 of 57
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up