ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 228 of 2688
« First < 128178218224225226227228 2292302312322382783287281228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 04:32 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Alex Smith is a decent QB, top 15 in the league. The truth is it is just unlikely that we can make it all the way with someone that has his limitations. I thank him for helping bring back a culture of winning but it's time to evolve beyond just being happy to put together winning seasons. I was hopeful that he was evolving(at least slightly) based on how he brought us back against San Diego but once he got a concussion and started playing scared and not running(which was one of his better attributes), the coaches clearly saw the writing on the wall. He's a guy who doesn't throw deep often enough, and won't run. Defense against us becomes just covering the underneath routes with no worry of a QB running and a slight risk he might toss a deep one if the play was specifically designated for it to go deep.

He's the best QB we've had since Green and he brought us back to a decent team. It's time to move beyond that and we've got the weapons to be very good if the QB can utilize them. Smith just doesn't threaten defenses enough to make use of the weapons we have. We need to get to where we expect to get to the AFC Championship at a minimum. With this roster, that's what I expect. Who knows, maybe with a fire under his ass Smith will play harder. History doesn't show that to be the case so far but it's still his team this year. I'll be cheering for them to go all the way but I still fully expect we'll be seeing Mahomes leading the charge next year. Smith would have to fundamentally change who he is for that not to happen. I just don't think that's likely at this point in his career.
A rare and strong CP post.. well done. :-)

I too was hoping that Smith was willing/able to take his game up more. Whether it was the horrors of early SF, or the recent concussion scare.. maybe both.. seems irrelevant now. It just had not happened.

Where a big disagreement sits now.. I am sure this team around him was flawed enough to need a top 5 quarterback to push them to the Lombardi. There are maybe a handful of such QBs in this league.. and whether one thinks Smith is 15th best or 25th best.. also doesn't matter. The large batch of QBs outside of that top 5 are all pretty lumped in together.. mixing and matching plenty of strengths and weaknesses.

So we will indeed move along to Mahomes.. and that is going to feel really good. As much as I like my boo... it was time to get a young QB to develop.

I will have the luxury of a win-win with Mahomes. If he succeeds, then that is great for the Chiefs.. great for me to enjoy. If he sucks ass, there will at least be a silver-lining in this as well. I strongly prefer he succeeds... but still.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:16 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Alex Smith is a decent QB, top 15 in the league. The truth is it is just unlikely that we can make it all the way with someone that has his limitations. I thank him for helping bring back a culture of winning but it's time to evolve beyond just being happy to put together winning seasons. I was hopeful that he was evolving(at least slightly) based on how he brought us back against San Diego but once he got a concussion and started playing scared and not running(which was one of his better attributes), the coaches clearly saw the writing on the wall. He's a guy who doesn't throw deep often enough, and won't run. Defense against us becomes just covering the underneath routes with no worry of a QB running and a slight risk he might toss a deep one if the play was specifically designated for it to go deep.

He's the best QB we've had since Green and he brought us back to a decent team. It's time to move beyond that and we've got the weapons to be very good if the QB can utilize them. Smith just doesn't threaten defenses enough to make use of the weapons we have. We need to get to where we expect to get to the AFC Championship at a minimum. With this roster, that's what I expect. Who knows, maybe with a fire under his ass Smith will play harder. History doesn't show that to be the case so far but it's still his team this year. I'll be cheering for them to go all the way but I still fully expect we'll be seeing Mahomes leading the charge next year. Smith would have to fundamentally change who he is for that not to happen. I just don't think that's likely at this point in his career.
I have seen this or similar things like this posted over and over and over. I feel like people are misusing this statement and sentiment to a degree. It is not necessarily a comment of how great either QB is/was.
One of the reasons this statement is used is because of the pure garbage we had between Peterson, Vermeil, Green and Dorsey, Reid, Smith. The biggest reasons that either Green or Smith have been or were successful in KC is because of the GM and HC that they had. If either one of them had Pioli and the slew of train wreck HC we had under Pioli they would have been just as shitty as Cassel.
As usual the QB gets too much credit and too much blame.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:17 PM 06-17-2017
I hate that the Patrick Mahomes thread has turned into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:33 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I hate that the Patrick Mahomes thread has turned into this.

You did post it on Chiefsplanet. Not sure what possibly different you could have even envisioned.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:34 PM 06-17-2017
I love that Mahomes technique and mechanics have made huge strides from his last game at Texas Tech. Also love it that Andy has been thoroughly working with him on the mental aspect of the game.

Now the kid has a month to learn more of the playbook and continue the uptick of his mechanics. Then we'll see how he looks in camp

Man camp is gonna be so awesome this year.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:38 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I love that Mahomes technique and mechanics have made huge strides from his last game at Texas Tech. Also love it that Andy has been thoroughly working with him on the mental aspect of the game.

Now the kid has a month to learn more of the playbook and continue the uptick of his mechanics. Then we'll see how he looks in camp

Never before have I been more excited for preseason than the reg season
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:42 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Never before have I been more excited for preseason than the reg season
It's a 20-game preseason, bud.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:24 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I know some on here don't care for Grunhard, but I think he is a solid reporter. He usually gets his facts straight from the front office or coaching staff.

The "official" politically correct version is Smith, Bray and then 2PM as a third stringer- that is right out of Andy's mouth....But how much coverage have we seen on Smith or Bray? Not much.

It makes sense they will install new plays to take advantage of 2PM's unique skills (when he is ready) and to hear from Grunhard that it might be as early as THIS year is pretty exciting!! :-)
This was all Grunhard speculating as to what the new additions to the offense might be.

https://player.fm/series/the-program...HB0cJ43GJVCZuK

If you go to the Grunhard podcast, it is at the 26 minute mark.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:41 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:

St Joe is definitely on the list of things to do in August.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:06 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Baby Lee and Dane need to "get clean."

If we could get those dope pushers Tiger and Sandy out of CP we'd be a lot better off.
Shut the fuck up, Geno

There's no bigger football moron on this site than you.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:08 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
So true, my astute friend. I fear however that the damage done to Lee and McCloud is permanent, with little to no chance of recovery.

I also suspect that Smith will provide even greater levels of FAIL for 2017. Father Time is coming, and he's about to wipe his peen across Smith's upper lip after dry-boning his aged rectum.
You're an unhinged, anti social fucktard, Geno
[Reply]
Nickhead 07:12 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Shut the fuck up, Geno

You're an unhinged, anti social fucktard, Geno
and you don't know when to shut the fuck up and ignore people you 'disagree' with rather than belittle.

you may need to change your mangina pads :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:18 PM 06-17-2017
Shut the fuck up, Geno

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:21 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
and you don't know when to shut the fuck up and ignore people you 'disagree' with rather than belittle.

And you think that time is when they defame you by name with lies?

All righty then, Nickhead diddles vulnerable kangaroos. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:23 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:

Go away, twat
[Reply]
Page 228 of 2688
« First < 128178218224225226227228 2292302312322382783287281228 > Last »
Up