ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 146
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:52 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Not sure that the Eagles' defense is as great as it's made out to be.

They've faced two offenses that were in the same ballpark as KC's this year. Detroit dropped 35, despite losing the TO battle. And Dallas (w/Dak) scored 40.

They also allowed 32 vs a weak Washington offense, and 33 vs the Packers in only 24 min (11 points higher than their average). Jordan Love played half the game and they still averaged 7 yds/play.

Most of the offenses they've faced are bottom 10ish in points per play. Including #32, 28, 27 x2, 26, 25 and 24. And of course they drew a 4th string QB last week, and Cooper Rush.

Reminds me a little of the "#1" Buffalo D last year. I also don't think their coverage schemes match up well w/ KC. That's not to say they can't cause problems for the Chiefs' offense, but I'm betting that Reid and Mahomes can have plenty of success if the offense is semi-healthy.
That’s where I landed today. Great pass rush … if they’re playing from ahead and the opposing QB/scheme isn’t good.
[Reply]
Justtalkinfootball 06:53 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Not sure that the Eagles' defense is as great as it's made out to be.

They've faced two offenses that were in the same ballpark as KC's this year. Detroit dropped 35, despite losing the TO battle. And Dallas (w/Dak) scored 40.

They also allowed 32 vs a weak Washington offense, and 33 vs the Packers in only 24 min (11 points higher than their average). Jordan Love played half the game and they still averaged 7 yds/play.

Most of the offenses they've faced are bottom 10ish in points per play. Including #32, 28, 27 x2, 26, 25 and 24. And of course they drew a 4th string QB last week, and Cooper Rush.

Reminds me a little of the "#1" Buffalo D last year. I also don't think their coverage schemes match up well w/ KC. That's not to say they can't cause problems for the Chiefs' offense, but I'm betting that Reid and Mahomes can have plenty of success if the offense is semi-healthy.
Detroit was a million years ago - week 1.
You can’t look at individual games. Any given Sunday. Chiefs lost to the Colts for instance.
I think some of you are cherry picking stats.

Point differential, all games.
Chiefs +137.
Eagles +188.

Opponent winning percentage
Chiefs. .455
Eagles. .475

Common Opponents
Chiefs 5-1
Eagles 6-0

Playoff Teams
Chiefs 9-2
Eagles 9-1
[Reply]
BWillie 07:03 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Thank God Joe Buck left Fox. That guy seriously sucks ass and shows no emotion at all. I’ll never forget Damien Williams running down the sideline and Joe barely saying a word.

I’m more than fine with Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen
If you want no emotion you should see the How Bout Those Chiefs live stream on Youtube. I really expected that guy (Cole) to be way way way more amped up when they knocked the FG thru. He was so boring acting. It was awkward.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:05 PM 01-30-2023
Must be another diqlix mult, JFC. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 07:07 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Justtalkinfootball:
You can’t look at individual games. Any given Sunday. Chiefs lost to the Colts for instance.

Chiefs +137.
Eagles +188.

Chiefs. .455
Eagles. .475

Common Opponents
Chiefs 5-1
Eagles 6-0

Playoff Teams
Chiefs 9-2
Eagles 9-1
Eagles guy, huh?

Look, Chiefs and Eagles are two teams that got love for each other. Our fan bases got no history and your team is likeable. I got nothing against philly and their fans. I don't want no beef. So welcome to CP.

But stay away from bullshit ass arguments, making shit up etc. Not saying that your post is doing that, i'm just giving you fair warning in advance.

Lets make this an enjoyable, fun SB for everyone.
[Reply]
ModSocks 07:07 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Must be another diqlix mult, JFC. :-)
Fuck. Is it really?
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:10 PM 01-30-2023
I mean, Hollywood couldn't script this any better

Reid faces the team that fired him 10 years ago for all the marbles

Donna Kelce gets to be the first parent to see two sons play against each other for the strap

The very worthy foe Eagles who just absolutely DEMOLISHED a very good team

And I'm no doubt missing 10 other angles... needless to say this will be one for the ages

Now I gotta start brainstorming for the ultimate food and drink ideas

God this is great :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:12 PM 01-30-2023

Chiefs +137.
Eagles +188.

Chiefs. .455
Eagles. .475

Common Opponents
Chiefs 5-1
Eagles 6-0

Playoff Teams
Chiefs 9-2
Eagles 9-1
The point isn’t “look what DET did week1”

It’s the the Eagles have faced a very weak slate of offenses overall despite records. They haven’t played one elite QB/offense, really.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:13 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Donna Kelce gets to be the first parent to see two sons play against each other for the strap

And I'm no doubt missing 10 other angles... needless to say this will be one for the ages

Don’t forget it’s played in Glendale, Arizona, there has been so many classic games in that stadium, in multiple sports.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:13 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Saw today that Willie Gay and AJ Brown were HS teammates and won a state title together.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:13 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Fuck. Is it really?
Glanced at it and perhaps not, but one of diq's things was "just here to talk football", and of course the whole thing with "your stats are bad, look at these stats!"

Maybe they're long lost twins who wander internet football message boards, thinly veiled as football fans, trying to find one another.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:13 PM 01-30-2023

Chiefs +137.
Eagles +188.

Chiefs. .455
Eagles. .475

Common Opponents
Chiefs 5-1
Eagles 6-0

Playoff Teams
Chiefs 9-2
Eagles 9-1
Winning record in NFC =! AFC
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:15 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Saw today that Willie Gay and AJ Brown were HS teammates and won a state title together.
The Chiefs would beat the fuck out of that high school team
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:20 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Layer upon layer of intrigue

Another thing I like, is that we'll certainly get a good clean game from the players... no chance Philly gets dirty with a guy in such high standing like Jason Kelce around

He won't stand for it, nor will Travis on our side
[Reply]
BWillie 07:20 PM 01-30-2023
I like Jalen Hurts and the Eagles. Hard to like Nick Sirianni though. Guy has Todd Haley vibes written all over him. But the NFC is JV. We beat the Niners by like 30. Eagles best win was in week 4 against a Jags team that hadn't even began playing well yet.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 146
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up