Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:23 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
People said this same exact shit about Matt Stafford last year. Where’s the Stafford trade thread? I bet I can find staylor saying that shit in there :-)
Stafford was entering a team with recent playoff (and Super Bowl) experience.

The Rams had everything in place and needed a QB to push them over the top.

Russell Wilson is entering a Denver team that hasn’t sniffed the playoffs in 7 years with a first time HC.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 02:23 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The part that's a bit of a puzzle to me is that this is a "win now" move in a division where that seems...difficult...to do. They're basically saying that they are a Super Bowl contender with a roster slightly worse than last year's outside of the QB. They have no ammo now to bring in any extra help, and their OL is still horrific.

Don't get me wrong - it's not a BAD trade for them. But it seems pretty desperate.

I think its fair to say Denver is a desperate team.

Desperate teams do desperate things. That shouldn't be a surprise,
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:23 PM 03-08-2022
Trading Fant too, not helping Russ there
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:24 PM 03-08-2022
The part that's a bit of a puzzle to me is that this is a "win now" move in a division where that seems...difficult...to do. They're basically saying that they are a Super Bowl contender with a roster slightly worse than last year's outside of the QB. They have no ammo now to bring in any extra help, and their OL is still horrific.

Don't get me wrong - it's not a BAD trade for them. But it seems pretty desperate.

with an unknown rookie Head coach
[Reply]
Lzen 02:24 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
No they didn't. Russell Wilson will be worth exponentially more than whomever they would have drafted with those picks. And I don't believe he's in decline, either. He'll be same old badass Russ with the offensive weapons at his disposal in Denver.

Did he not have weapons in Seattle?
:-)
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 02:24 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Trading Fant too, not helping Russ there
He blows. He won't block. Albert O can black and run routes. He's no TK...but he could be near as effective in time.

The player that hurts is Shelby Harris.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:25 PM 03-08-2022
Can’t wait to see how Veach responds.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:25 PM 03-08-2022
I think including Fant with the deal is a mistake, that's the guy Russ needs the most in Denver.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:26 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Can’t wait to see how Veach responds.

[Reply]
CupidStunt 02:26 PM 03-08-2022
Biggest loser: Colts.

What a joke of a team. They're much better than Denver, but they overvalue picks while trying to get by at the critical position with band-aids.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:27 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Did he not have weapons in Seattle?
:-)
OL was terrible. Good to great pair of WR in Lockett and Metcalf. Not much from the RBs.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:27 PM 03-08-2022
Not that it will change his plan.

I’m just fully prepared for another offseason where we get a lot better than we expect.

Nobody expected our OL to be overhauled like it was. The defense will be similar this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:27 PM 03-08-2022

If I’m not mistaken they’ll have a lot of money. Russ apparently only counts $15 million this year from what I read.

Would expect them to be very active next week
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:28 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Stafford was entering a team with recent playoff (and Super Bowl) experience.

The Rams had everything in place and needed a QB to push them over the top.

Russell Wilson is entering a Denver team that hasn’t sniffed the playoffs in 7 years with a first time HC.
Exactly. Not only that, but they continued to sell their future for that shot during the season with the acquisitions they made. That’s going all in.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:28 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
OL was terrible. Good to great pair of WR in Lockett and Metcalf. Not much from the RBs.
Their RBs have always been productive even if they aren’t big names.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 66
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up