ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 2694
« First < 3686126132133134135136 1371381391401461862366361136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:09 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I do not expect Mahomes to play at all this year. People seem to forget that Reid is a rather conservative coach as we can see, amongst other things, in how progressively he integrates rookie players.

Whereas another coach would say let's do it and set Mahomes free, Reid will take the patient approach and not risk it, even if the Chiefs are off to a bad start or are not having a good season.

We have to see how Bray performs in training camp but even if he is not performing that well in training camp and beyond, I am thinking he will go on the field before Mahomes all season long, this year.

In my mind, if you have Mahomes start before he is ready, you might harm him. If you wait before starting him, even when he looks like he is ready, you are not harming him.
Andy started Donovan McNabb during his rookie season.

This kid is smart. It would benefit him tremendously to get some playing time in so they can go over it during the offseason. Not right away but once he gets a feel of the offense and expectations he will be fine.

It's not going to ruin him to get playing time under his belt.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:38 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

This kid is smart. It would benefit him tremendously to get some playing time in so they can go over it during the offseason. Not right away but once he gets a feel of the offense and expectations he will be fine.

It's not going to ruin him to get playing time under his belt.
He's going to be getting that experience in training camp, preseason and every week on the scout team during the season.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:44 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He's going to be getting that experience in training camp, preseason and every week on the scout team during the season.
Nothing can take the place of actual game time experience during the season.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:45 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes.

Practice is no different than playing in games against live competition.

You nailed it.

Nicer than I am...
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:49 PM 05-08-2017
I think at some point they will want to gauge his progress anyways by giving him a series or two to build on.

If he can't beat out Tyler Bray for the backup spot to dress for game days then he really wasn't worth the top 10 spot. Therefore I think he will bug the shit out of Andy as soon as he feels comfortable and confident in himself to do so.

Patrick Mahomes II looks and acts like he has a competitive spirit/fire in him that is going be hard for them to contain.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:50 PM 05-08-2017
Completely different set of circumstances. That Eagles team was complete aids, they had a scrub QB and they threw McNabb in after they were already out of playoff contention.

Unlike McNabb's rookie year, this Chiefs team has championship expectations.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:53 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Completely different set of circumstances. That Eagles team was complete aids, they had a scrub QB and they threw McNabb in after they were already out of playoff contention.

Unlike McNabb's rookie year, this Chiefs team has championship expectations.

Can we count on our ball hawking defense to propel us into the playoffs?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:58 PM 05-08-2017
We don't really have a reason not to.

This team is too talented, too well coached to not be in the playoffs. Despite OUR feelings on Alex Smith, i can promise you Eric Berry and company are thinking SB.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:59 PM 05-08-2017
If you really don't think the Chiefs are a playoff caliber team, you haven't been watching. They'll make the playoffs again, they'll win at least ten games and everyone will still want Mahomes to play. I know I will anyway.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 01:08 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
He doesn't?
I'm not being argumentative etc. Did you read or or hear that somewhere/
my take was that he 'can' play from the pocket, but has no problem stepping up / evaading while looking downfield.

again, not calling you out or anything like that, just curious where you read that? or is that your take on the guy etc? etc.
DRM08 explained it, but there are other sources who said it.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gre...165953341.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veIsggakMUU
[Reply]
RunKC 01:11 PM 05-08-2017
You're right, but he'll get a lot of good experience and coaching during the season.

Camp and preseason will tell us a lot about how ready he is this season and the possibility of him playing at some point.

Throwing him out there when he's not ready could ruin him. Fortunately Andy won't do that.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:13 PM 05-08-2017
When Reid and Dorsey say this is Smith's team, I think they really mean it and Smith is sure to start for the full season unless he gets injured. Even if Smith is not having a good season, I'd bet a ton that Mahomes doesn't replace him.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:16 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He gets happy feet at times and prefers to roll to his left and throw across his body instead of staying in the pocket. Some of it is due to poor OL play, but there are times when he would do it with good protection.

Not sure if he's so used to bad OL blocking that he sees phantom pass rush or what. We'll see if he can learn to trust the pocket in the NFL with a better OL blocking for him.
thanks. appreciate the response.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:54 PM 05-08-2017
I can not watch them for a couple of hours, but kcchiefs.com has video's with Mahomes and Reid up about rookie mini camp that ended today.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:58 PM 05-08-2017
It's not very often you have a young, stud QB added to a loaded team. Just being with a group of winners will help his development and take some pressure off.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 2694
« First < 3686126132133134135136 1371381391401461862366361136 > Last »
Up