ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 58 of 114
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:27 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The idea of the Chiefs in Kansas makes me want to puke.

This team deserves better than to be associated with that disgusting state.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:29 AM 04-03-2024

It isn't the location of Kansas that is the problem.

It's replacing the AFC's version of Soldier Field with the AlamoDome in a redneck suburban shopping complex or a yuppie suburban shopping complex.

That and I'd be surprised that they retain the Chiefs moniker.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:29 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Donovan is firing up the deep concrete scanner as we speak.

And they're finding cancer everywhere in them ol' bones.
A huge reason this plan they proposed sucks is because in 15 years the Chiefs will want a new stadium.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:30 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I 100% will go to more games if they move out by Legends. I could avoid renting a car entirely and just hang out in the area all weekend before and after the game. I only go to games every year or two as it is - it's just too much of a pain in the ass to get to Arrowhead on a quick trip.

Whether I'm in the majority or not, I can't say, but I'm confident I'm not completely alone.
You're not and it will absolutely be more convenient for Kansans. The question is: will the tailgate be co-opted (Donovan has clearly stated they need to create more revenue streams), will the atmosphere be the same or even similar, and how much higher will ticket prices be to pay for the shiny new toys? How much will your taxes go up to pay for maintenance, and will it be worth it for a game day experience that nobody believes to be improved? What benefit will Chiefs Nation get?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:30 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've thought about staying in the Crossroads before a game, but end up staying with friends/family just to make it easier to get to a game without needing to rent a car. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's often during the playoffs when tickets and flights can be last minute, so adding a rental and downtown parking is just something else that (for myself, anyway) is easily avoided.

The Legends would definitely fix some of those concerns and would take away the feeling that you have to be all over the city for a place to stay, a place to drink/eat, and then a 3rd place for the game.
Yeah, I've got friends in KC, but only one who I'm comfortable asking to crash at their place (and certainly not someone I'd ask to borrow a car from). The choices are basically to rent a car largely so I can go and pay even more money to park at the stadium or to deal with the clusterfuck that is getting an Uber after a game.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:30 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You legit live in a toilet bowl.

Shut up bitch
Columbia is nicer than any city in Kansas.

Went to Lawrence one time to visit a friend who made an incredibly poor college decision and thought I had been transported to Sadr City.

What a gross place.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:32 AM 04-03-2024

:-) You do realize that a huge portion of the country already thinks the Chiefs play in Kansas, yeah?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:32 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
You're not and it will absolutely be more convenient for Kansans. The question is: will the tailgate be co-opted (Donovan has clearly stated they need to create more revenue streams), will the atmosphere be the same or even similar, and how much higher will ticket prices be to pay for the shiny new toys? How much will your taxes go up to pay for maintenance, and will it be worth it for a game day experience that nobody believes to be improved? What benefit will Chiefs Nation get?
The Chiefs experience as we know it will be over.

Sterile, boring stadium. Corporate chain restaurants surrounding the place. Little to no tailgating. A severely muted atmosphere. Likely a soft rebrand of the team.

Oh and everything, despite being much worse in every way, will be way more expensive.

Cherish these next five years because it’s about to come to an end.

Kansas and greed ruin everything.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:32 AM 04-03-2024
Things being co-opted is going to happen either way, they desire to squeeze every last dollar they can out of the fan experience.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:34 AM 04-03-2024
:-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:35 AM 04-03-2024

Went to Lawrence one time to visit a friend who made an incredibly poor college decision and thought I had been transported to Sadr City.

What a gross place.
Columbia is a shithole
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:36 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is the weirdest ****ing city I swear, OMG traffic, if you think traffic in KC is bad I emplore you to go anywhere else, drive in Houston during rush hour makes traffic here feel like a mild breeze.
Game Day as it currently exists is an all-day affair. Addng another 1-2 hrs to it just isn't feasible for those with kids. It's not about traffic per se (I voted Yes despite the parking concerns), it's the overall time frame you have to budget in. Decades-long season ticket holders will inevitably opt out, when the prices go way up, parking goes to $80, and beer hit $16 for a 12 oz. It's an accumulation of factors that will ruin it for some and benefit others. It's hard to imagine a scenario where the intimidating home field advantage the Chiefs enjoyed for so long will be the same.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:36 AM 04-03-2024
"An extra 30 minutes" in normal traffic, much longer in game day traffic. You conveniently leave out Lee's Summit, Liberty, all of Cass. My hope is that if/when they leave Arrowhead, will it just be a ridiculous money grab (more suites, fewer seats) and will the current game day experience turn into the same game day as about 30 other NFL teams...bland, corporate co-opting of the tailgating, because you know that's the goal.
Legends only adds 10 minutes from Liberty and 15 from Lee's Summit, 14 minutes from Harrisonville. Game day traffic should wash out.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:36 AM 04-03-2024
Rumors are starting up on Arrowhead Pride that Hunt wants to go to San Antonio. Just the messenger.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:36 AM 04-03-2024
The Missouri Kansas thing is weird as fuck to me, just me I guess.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 114
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up