ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 1209
« First < 89139179185186187188189 1901911921931992392896891189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
RobBlake 09:11 PM 07-14-2016
Buzz if you could find the energy to post your castiron version of how you made your steak one day that would be awesome.
[Reply]
Buzz 09:31 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Buzz if you could find the energy to post your castiron version of how you made your steak one day that would be awesome.

2225, dry steak and smear with butter both sides, season, sear on high heat 2 min each side in cast iron, cook in 400 degree oven 2 min, cover in foil and rest 5 min.

You will need to open windows, turn on fans as it aint for the faint of heart. and your smoke alarm may go off.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:34 PM 07-14-2016
Use an oil with a higher smokepoint and you should have less issues with your alarms. Grapseed oil is good iirc.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:56 AM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Use an oil with a higher smokepoint and you should have less issues with your alarms. Grapseed oil is good iirc.

To an extent, yes.

If you like the flavor of the butter, use clarified or ghee.

But proper steak cookery in a cast iron creates a lot of smoke. Buzz is doing it right, even if we may disagree on the fat choice.
[Reply]
scho63 06:53 AM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Last nights steak, best part of my whole ****ed up day.
That's some good looking steak Buzz. :-)

I was in the mood for a steak last night after seeing all the photos this past week from everyone.

I went to Longhorn Steakhouse as it was the closest to my office and I didn't feel like changing into nicer clothes as it was already 8pm.

I ordered a 20 oz Porterhouse and it sucked! Too salty, probably only about 14 oz as it was cut so thin. Even the dirty Ketel One martini the bartender made sucked balls and the baked potato was lacking any butter at first until I asked for more.

The best part of the meal was a glass of Joel Gott Cabernet Savignon and the double Baileys on the rocks at the end.

What a disappointment! :-):-):-)

Time to go to Morton's or Capital Grille like I originally wanted to in the first place.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:35 AM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I use grapeseed for high heat. It's really good for you too. I just like the flavor of olive oil with butter more.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:37 AM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:

I was in the mood for a steak last night after seeing all the photos this past week from everyone.

I went to Longhorn Steakhouse as it was the closest to my office and I didn't feel like changing into nicer clothes as it was already 8pm.

I ordered a 20 oz Porterhouse and it sucked! Too salty, probably only about 14 oz as it was cut so thin. Even the dirty Ketel One martini the bartender made sucked balls and the baked potato was lacking any butter at first until I asked for more.

The best part of the meal was a glass of Joel Gott Cabernet Savignon and the double Baileys on the rocks at the end.

Time to go to Morton's or Capital Grille like I originally wanted to in the first place.
Yeah, last time I ate at Longhorn was in Orlando during a trade show 2 years ago, and the steak was aweful. I was surprised because I've had their steak salad for lunch and it was always good.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:38 AM 07-15-2016

20 oz Porthouse, Martini, Wine AND Baileys?

How many people ARE you?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:45 AM 07-15-2016
Did my Francese again, and mixed a few things up, all successful.

First off, used spinach linguine instead of plain durum angel hair.
Second, I thawed my chicken breast then sliced it into strips to get more panko coverage and faster pan frying.
Third, I used an oversized bowl from a set I got at Xmas instead of plating it.

The chicken had plenty of crunch and a juicy interior.
The linguine held onto the Francese very well and was quite filling
Most importantly, the bowl held the heat MUCH better.

Very similar to these, maybe a tad larger

[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:46 AM 07-15-2016
my experience with Longhorn is it's pretty good in the midwest, and terrible on the coast.

The one here is very consistent and good service.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:47 AM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Did my Francese again, and mixed a few things up, all successful.

First off, used spinach linguine instead of plain durum angel hair.
Second, I thawed my chicken breast then sliced it into strips to get more panko coverage and faster pan frying.
Third, I used an oversized bowl from a set I got at Xmas instead of plating it.

The chicken had plenty of crunch and a juicy interior.
The linguine held onto the Francese very well and was quite filling
Most importantly, the bowl held the heat MUCH better.
No pic? That's it. The kayaking trip is off.

Do you pre-heat your dishes? I always mean to whenever I'm doing something like what you've described, but I never remember to.
[Reply]
scho63 09:44 AM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
20 oz Porthouse, Martini, Wine AND Baileys?

How many people ARE you?
I guess I shouldn't tell you about the DC Brau IPA I started with or the corn fritters and asparagus apps and the house salad then.....

It was the first full meal I had in a week as I have been on a very low cal diet.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:56 AM 07-15-2016
I guess I shouldn't tell you about the DC Brau IPA I started with or the corn fritters and asparagus apps and the house salad then.....

It was the first full meal I had in a week as I have been on a very low cal diet.
Those corn fritters at Longhorn's are goooooood.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:04 PM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Those corn fritters at Longhorn's are goooooood.
I never even noticed them on the menu! How 'bout that.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:10 PM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
To an extent, yes.

If you like the flavor of the butter, use clarified or ghee.

But proper steak cookery in a cast iron creates a lot of smoke. Buzz is doing it right, even if we may disagree on the fat choice.
I'm not saying he's doing it wrong by any means, just that there are alternatives if you want to cut down on smoke.
[Reply]
Page 189 of 1209
« First < 89139179185186187188189 1901911921931992392896891189 > Last »
Up