ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3658 of 3903
« First < 2658315835583608364836543655365636573658 3659366036613662366837083758 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 10:47 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So sorry to hear that Carlota and I am glad you are getting better. I have read some anecdotal stories from people with long haul symptoms getting back to normal after they got the vaccine. Maybe it clears everything out.
I have heard the same on people getting better after the vaccine regarding long haul symptoms, anecdotally of course but I assume they will/are studying it.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:41 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I have heard the same on people getting better after the vaccine regarding long haul symptoms, anecdotally of course but I assume they will/are studying it.
My sister got worse after the vaccine.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:29 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
My sister got worse after the vaccine.
That sucks
[Reply]
TLO 04:44 PM 08-16-2021
Pfizer seeking FDA authorization for a booster shot (3rd dose) Think I'll wait and see more data before I hop in line for this one.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:48 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Pfizer seeking FDA authorization for a booster shot (3rd dose) Think I'll wait and see more data before I hop in line for this one.
That's one where the difference between FDA authorization and CDC recommendation is important. It makes sense for it to be authorized (which basically says, we think it's safe). The question is just whether it's necessary.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:08 PM 08-16-2021
:-)

They’ll somehow blow this lead too https://t.co/TYPLwGdduP

— NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) August 17, 2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:20 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Thanks, needed that . . . first chuckle of the week.
[Reply]
jjjayb 10:13 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
"Case data in recent months as of July". Great, can you tell me what "recent months are covered? Is it 2 months, 3 months, 6 months? That can make a hell of a difference in those numbers. If you're talking 6 months ago, how many people were actually vaccinated? 8 months ago? When you go use data that goes back before people were getting vaccinated it highly skews the numbers. How hard would it be to put how many actual months back they're going? Very scientific of them to say "recent months" isn't it?

Do you ever stop and wonder why they do that? If you look at the last months data it's a very different picture than what they're showing here.
[Reply]
jjjayb 10:17 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
At this point, the refusal by so many to just get the damned vaccine has wiped out a second year of performing and event work for me.

I give up.
I look at it the other way. As long as you comply with their insanity, this won't go away. I think it's your fault we're still dealing with this insane government over reach.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:27 PM 08-16-2021
Well, this doesn't fit the narrative.....

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/0...ose-with-phds/

Study Finds Most Vaccine-Hesitant Group is Those With PhDs

“What’s more, the paper found that in the first five months of 2021, the largest decrease in hesitancy was among the least educated”

A study conducted by Carnegie Mellon University and University of Pittsburgh researchers found that vaccine hesitancy is highest among those with a PhD.

The online survey of more than 5 million adults was conducted between January 6 and May 31. People who said “probably not” or “definitely not” when asked if they would get the vaccine were considered vaccine hesitant.

“There was not a decrease in hesitancy among those with a professional degree or PhD,” the paper states.

A news release regarding the results explained further: “Hesitancy held constant in the most educated group (those with a Ph.D.); by May Ph.D.’s were the most hesitant group.”
[Reply]
Fish 10:38 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
"Case data in recent months as of July". Great, can you tell me what "recent months are covered? Is it 2 months, 3 months, 6 months? That can make a hell of a difference in those numbers. If you're talking 6 months ago, how many people were actually vaccinated? 8 months ago? When you go use data that goes back before people were getting vaccinated it highly skews the numbers. How hard would it be to put how many actual months back they're going? Very scientific of them to say "recent months" isn't it?

Do you ever stop and wonder why they do that? If you look at the last months data it's a very different picture than what they're showing here.
It doesn't necessarily matter which exact months it covers. The vaccines have proven to be an incredible success across the board, and it's pretty silly to deny it at this point. We're at like 4.7 billion doses distributed. Side effects have been incredibly negligible. Breakthrough cases speak for themselves. mRNA technology is going to be a huge part of future treatment. They've already started trials on several mRNA cancer vaccines. As well as many others applications ..
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:20 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Well, this doesn't fit the narrative.....

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/0...ose-with-phds/

Study Finds Most Vaccine-Hesitant Group is Those With PhDs

“What’s more, the paper found that in the first five months of 2021, the largest decrease in hesitancy was among the least educated”

A study conducted by Carnegie Mellon University and University of Pittsburgh researchers found that vaccine hesitancy is highest among those with a PhD.

The online survey of more than 5 million adults was conducted between January 6 and May 31. People who said “probably not” or “definitely not” when asked if they would get the vaccine were considered vaccine hesitant.

“There was not a decrease in hesitancy among those with a professional degree or PhD,” the paper states.

A news release regarding the results explained further: “Hesitancy held constant in the most educated group (those with a Ph.D.); by May Ph.D.’s were the most hesitant group.”
How does it not "fit the narrative"? Did you actually read the paper?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:42 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
I look at it the other way. As long as you comply with their insanity, this won't go away. I think it's your fault we're still dealing with this insane government over reach.
That's an incredibly stupid stance.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:00 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Thanks for your morning drop in to "unite".

You're not a victim here

I'm pointing out the unhealthy penchant to continue propagating a horrible premise that isn't within a million miles of "unity" ....that you and others have employed during most of this 'pandemic'
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:20 AM 08-17-2021
Good read for the vaccine and mask hesitant.

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/202...7hZqZbnHtgHuY0
[Reply]
Page 3658 of 3903
« First < 2658315835583608364836543655365636573658 3659366036613662366837083758 > Last »
Up