ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dont lose your fingers
dlphg9 09:57 PM 01-15-2019
So right now the wind chill is forecast to be -15°. At a -19° wind chill frost bite can occur on exposed flesh in about 30 minutes. Lets say the forecasts are wrong and its actually colder than what they are saying, which is entirely possible if snow is on the ground, and we get a wind chill of -19 or below. In this scenario how many drunk idiots are going to lose their fingers because they lose a glove? I just hope it isn't any of you guys!
[Reply]
Mulliganman 12:19 PM 01-26-2019
Sorry to bump an old thread but was wondering if anyone can recommend some very warm gloves/mittens that do a great job of keeping your hands warm at very cold games. The only ones recommended in this thread were Grandoe gloves but it doesn’t look like those are sold anymore.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:26 PM 01-26-2019
Buy some liner gloves that go under heavy gloves.

I bought underarmour gloves that did the trick, but you can get a bunch of different kinds out there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:27 PM 01-26-2019
This is close to what I have

Liner

Glove
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:34 PM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Last weekend:

Dude... that's crazy. I sat in that EXACT seat as the shirtless guy for the afccc. Kid in the row in front with the stocking cap over his hood was cool. His dad was too.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:37 PM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Honestly, the guys who go shirtless I have no issue with. It's crazy and I don't understand it, but it's at least an intentional statement. It's the guys who want to be warm, but then wear a baseball cap for head gear that I don't get.
Lol. I had on my work boots and good socks. A pair of jeans. T shirt, zip up hoodie, my carhartt coat, and jersey gloves.

And a ball cap. Lol.

It wasn't that bad
[Reply]
Bowser 12:37 PM 01-26-2019
And so supposedly we're going to have record cold temps and wind chills Wednesday and Thursday this week, so timely bump.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:04 PM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
Sorry to bump an old thread but was wondering if anyone can recommend some very warm gloves/mittens that do a great job of keeping your hands warm at very cold games. The only ones recommended in this thread were Grandoe gloves but it doesn’t look like those are sold anymore.
I ended up buying these to replace my Grandoe's.

https://www.backcountry.com/the-nort...SABEgJM5fD_BwE

They kept my hands warmer than my old gloves, probably due to the pocket on the wrist leash. Put a disposable hand warmer in that pocket, right against the palm side of your wrist, and you're good to go.
[Reply]
srvy 02:59 PM 01-26-2019
Damn dude 100 bucks for gloves is ludicris.

I can buy a dozen Wells Lamont brown jersey gloves at Tractor supply for 12 bucks. I work in pretty extreme conditions and have no complaints. If its near zero and wind chill -20 I just double up. Still have all my digits after 37 winters.

[Reply]
Rasputin 04:28 PM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And so supposedly we're going to have record cold temps and wind chills Wednesday and Thursday this week, so timely bump.

Freaking Global Warming
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:05 PM 01-26-2019
I bought these gloves before the Championship game. They have a zipper for hand warmers too. My hands never got cold. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0771...mob_b_pd_title
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:09 PM 01-26-2019
They have some gloves and socks that are battery powered and will keep your hands and feet nice and warm and they arent very expensive

https://finalminutedeals.com/product...12622323712064
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:59 AM 01-27-2019
MPLS forecast this week-come join the fun

we may end up closing school. It is not happen here much. Busses don't run when the diesel gels up.

wind chill warning-Wind chills of 35 below zero and lower are
expected Tuesday afternoon through Thursday morning in east
central MN and west central Minnesota.

Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow before 11pm, then patchy blowing snow after 3am. Low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -12. Southeast wind around 15 mph becoming north northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Monday
A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8am. Patchy blowing snow before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -15. North northwest wind around 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. Wind chill values as low as -25. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday
Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -8. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -27. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Wednesday
Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -13. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around -25. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.

Thursday
Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -2. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.

Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9. Southeast wind around 5 mph
Attached: Capture4.jpg (32.1 KB) 
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:28 AM 01-27-2019

Taken at a relatives house in Embarrass Minnesota this morning. @ian_leonard pic.twitter.com/6xPcnfJlWl

— Anne (@amlalla) January 27, 2019

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:07 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
MPLS forecast this week-come join the fun

we may end up closing school. It is not happen here much. Busses don't run when the diesel gels up.

wind chill warning-Wind chills of 35 below zero and lower are
expected Tuesday afternoon through Thursday morning in east
central MN and west central Minnesota.

Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow before 11pm, then patchy blowing snow after 3am. Low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -12. Southeast wind around 15 mph becoming north northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Monday
A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8am. Patchy blowing snow before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -15. North northwest wind around 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. Wind chill values as low as -25. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday
Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -8. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -27. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Wednesday
Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -13. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around -25. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.

Thursday
Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -2. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.

Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9. Southeast wind around 5 mph
Oh my god. I fucking hate winter
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:07 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

What a name for a town lol
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up