ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 56
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:20 PM 03-16-2023
Eh. Whatever. The Chiefs were in need of a dependable tackle to replace Fisher and he was the best option available after we missed out on Trent Williams. The first round pick sucked, but the second that we got back and drafted Bolton with pretty much balances that out. And we got a Superbowl win with him. That was worth it. We won't get a comp pick because his replacement will wipe that out. That's the only sticking point for me, that the Chiefs will get zero compensation for him.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:24 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Eh. Whatever. The Chiefs were in need of a dependable tackle to replace Fisher and he was the best option available after we missed out on Trent Williams. The first round pick sucked, but the second that we got back and drafted Bolton with pretty much balances that out. And we got a Superbowl win with him. That was worth it. We won't get a comp pick because his replacement will wipe that out. That's the only sticking point for me, that the Chiefs will get zero compensation for him.
There will be comp picks next year. Juju, Brown, Thornhill, Saunders, and possibly Hardman (depending on his deal). We aren't signing enough FAs to offset all those guys.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:24 PM 03-16-2023
here's the compensation we got for orlando

[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:42 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
WTF does that have to do with anything?
I was replying to this. " I bet he misses a few games on account of Orlando Brown Jr."
[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:43 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Do you even realize Joe Burrow was pressured LESS than Mahomes last season?

This is because, for much of the season, our tackles were ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

You're going to give up more pressure with Orlando, with a QB who is less suited to escape it.

We're going to ****ing murder you ringless bitches. You're a pathetic footnote in our dynasty. We will walk over your cold corpses.
Does the complete lack of a woman's touch make you so bitter that you're unable to act like an adult in any environment?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:51 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by FANATIC:
I dont get being negative toward Brown. Its just business. Cinn took advantage of his situation. Good for Cinn. Brown gets to make a lot of money playing on a good team. Its a win-win for both sides. Three years from now Brown can get another deal. I think he will like 29.

We proved Patrick Mahomes could complete a playoff run and superbowl win on one good ankle thanks to Brown's immaculate impersonation of a fence post against speed rushers so thank you Brown. I wish for similar fence post impersonations when he protects Joe Burrow.

Chiefs wanted to keep Patrick Mahomes upright and let him play without the handicap moving forward and its great they did not give him that contract last year. Its great he went to Cinn so Joe Burrow can try to match the handicap playoff and superbowl run but it could have been another good team. Chiefs sticking to their plan. Its working.
Fixed.
[Reply]
FringeNC 01:54 PM 03-16-2023
For the Cinci fans on here: It's not sour grapes about Orlando Brown. Half the board thought he was league average *at best*. I almost guarantee half your board will be trashing him very early in the season in OBJ's bad games, and the other half blaming Burrow for holding the ball too long.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:54 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Does the complete lack of a woman's touch make you so bitter that you're unable to act like an adult in any environment?
I've been in a loving relationship for two years. During that time, I've seen my favorite football team start a dynasty. I also bought a real cute doggie and my first house. I recently got a coupon for Uber Eats that is going to let me get some food delivered for less than the cost of the actual food.

Life is fucking good, at the expense of you and your team.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:58 PM 03-16-2023
Some of you all really need to come back to reality.

Jonah Willams was #1 and #2 in sacks given up the past 2 years. OBJ is better than any tackle the Bengals have put out there in that time and he's missed zero games due to injury.
Yeah, worked out well for the Bengals and the Chiefs.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:04 PM 03-16-2023
Some of you all really need to come back to reality.

Jonah Willams was #1 and #2 in sacks given up the past 2 years. OBJ is better than any tackle the Bengals have put out there in that time and he's missed zero games due to injury.
Take the number of pressures Brown allowed and run that against the sack percentage of Joe Burrow when he faces pressure.

I don't think you'll enjoy the results.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:23 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I've been in a loving relationship for two years. During that time, I've seen my favorite football team start a dynasty. I also bought a real cute doggie and my first house. I recently got a coupon for Uber Eats that is going to let me get some food delivered for less than the cost of the actual food.

Life is ****ing good, at the expense of you and your team.
You always seemed like a cat person to me.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:25 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Take the number of pressures Brown allowed and run that against the sack percentage of Joe Burrow when he faces pressure.

I don't think you'll enjoy the results.
If that was a true predictor of future events, i might not like it. As it is, i'm feeling better now than i was 24 hrs ago.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:26 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
For the Cinci fans on here: It's not sour grapes about Orlando Brown. Half the board thought he was league average *at best*. I almost guarantee half your board will be trashing him very early in the season in OBJ's bad games, and the other half blaming Burrow for holding the ball too long.
Well, they're paying him as 17th best, which is probably about right. Too bad he wouldn't take that here, but honestly, I'm glad for the opportunity to upgrade.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:28 PM 03-16-2023
You always seemed like a cat person to me.
you're the only pussy around here
[Reply]
hometeam 02:32 PM 03-16-2023
Ultimately, he got paid where he is.

Hes an OK tackle. I dont understand the hate on the guy except that I get it he went to a rival team, but seriously, who gives a fuck? Hes paid as the 17th best tackle, hes about the 17th best tackle, and hes an upgrade for them.

Why the fuck do yall care so much?
[Reply]
Page 27 of 56
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up