ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 46
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
Sassy Squatch 07:51 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
At $16MM per year its easier to guarantee more of the deal.

What an idiot, you know damn well he turned down more than this overall from KC. When he says later he wanted to stay in KC you will know he is lying.
:-) We know the numbers. He lost 15 million. Even taking off the 6th year at 44 million we included to appease his ego, it was a 5/95 with a 30 million signing bonus and the first two years guaranteed. Depending on how that's structured it's 19 million AAV with roughly 50 million guaranteed. And he and his agent turned it down thinking he was going to get a long term deal at 23+ million AAV with most of it guaranteed on the open market. What an absolute faceplant by both.
[Reply]
O.city 07:52 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
At $16MM per year its easier to guarantee more of the deal.

What an idiot, you know damn well he turned down more than this overall from KC. When he says later he wanted to stay in KC you will know he is lying.
I dont' think the Chiefs offered him near that.
[Reply]
TEX 08:16 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I dont' think the Chiefs offered him near that.
I thought they did last year and he turned it down. :-)

But I dont really care. Im just glad he's gone. Time to move on.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 06:36 AM 03-16-2023
Chiefs dodged a bullet when he passed on that offer last year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:43 AM 03-16-2023
I didn't like his fit here before we signed him, and haven't liked it along the way.

But what really soured me on him was the bullshit he pulled last off-season.

Good riddance.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:18 AM 03-16-2023
What discount? Out of his own agents mouth, he signed the best offer available when it came to guaranteed money. The harsh reality is he's not a top tier LT and the entire league more or less hammered that I to his and his agents thick skulls over the past few days.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:20 AM 03-16-2023
Attached: well bye.jpg (5.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:23 AM 03-16-2023
I think as I have all season that Brown's "badness" is a little overblown by people who focus on only the bad reps. Is he good? No. He's just a league average tackle. You can see it in the graphic above, his win rate is middle of the road.

Decent, good enough for our offense to be a top offense, but not enough to be paid like a great tackle.

You can't know what Andy and Burt are thinking, only infer it from what they do. They didn't tag Brown, meaning they felt they could upgrade the position. We can't know if Taylor was the plan all along or if they had something else working that didn't work out. All we know is that they felt the Chiefs can do better.
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 AM 03-16-2023
He's probably in that 8-14 range of LT's. He's durable and you know what you're getting.

There's value there and I don't really like that the Chiefs ended up letting him walk and got nothing back for it, but no sense worrying about that now.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:33 AM 03-16-2023
He's probably in that 8-14 range of LT's. He's durable and you know what you're getting.

There's value there and I don't really like that the Chiefs ended up letting him walk and got nothing back for it, but no sense worrying about that now.
The worst is that he went to the Bengals, and they got a decent upgrade on the cheap. But we also dodged a bullet in that he didn't accept our offer last offseason.

As far as Brown himself or whether we'll miss him, I don't give that a thought.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:34 AM 03-16-2023

Wut? Seriously, what the fuck would you expect them to do differently? NO ONE was willing to meet his initial contract demands. No one. And we're supposed to tie up 20 million in cap while these two obstinate fucks go around and get laughed out of the room until we either have to rescind or take some mid round pick?
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wut? Seriously, what the **** would you expect them to do differently? NO ONE was willing to meet his initial contract demands. No one. And we're supposed to tie up 20 million in cap while these two obstinate ****s go around and get laughed out of the room until we either have to rescind or take some mid round pick?
Ideally you get something back there, but maybe that just wasn't in the cards.

Whatever, doesn't matter at this point.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:27 AM 03-16-2023
Many of us said all season we needed to upgrade the OTs... and here we are :-)

Thanks to OBJ & Wiley for playing their career best game in the SuperBowl for us! Enjoy your payday.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:49 AM 03-16-2023
You know what's wild, he made $16.62MM on the tag last season, more than the annual avg value of this contract. :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:50 AM 03-16-2023
So basically we didn’t tag him because we knew there would be no market for him and we were afraid we would end up keeping him. I do wish we could have at least controlled who got him. Not gonna lie, I would’ve preferred he didn’t go to our best competitor.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 46
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up