ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 469
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiTown 08:44 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
No manager should be able to survive what's going on with the Royals this year. Yet, here we are with this reerun Manager and his reerun Pitching Coach.

John Sherman needs to grow a fucking pair and fire Dayton Moore for his organizational incompetence. He's in way over his head, especially when you hire a guy like Mike Matheny to take over a young, developing team.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:39 AM 06-07-2022
I’m praying for skunkhead and this management crew.

Praying they never work in mlb again
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:44 AM 06-07-2022
Can we start calling him Paxton Lynch?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:13 AM 06-07-2022
One of the worst pitching staffs assembled in MLB history.

DM has been here 16 years and they have shown that they have no idea how to develop young pitchers.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:44 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
No manager should be able to survive what's going on with the Royals this year. Yet, here we are with this reerun Manager and his reerun Pitching Coach.

John Sherman needs to grow a ****ing pair and fire Dayton Moore for his organizational incompetence. He's in way over his head, especially when you hire a guy like Mike Matheny to take over a young, developing team.
This should be non-survivable.

I expected them to muddle to around .500, disappointingly stick with Matheny and his crew of dummy coaches, and then have the piper come due at the end of next season (another non-playoff year).

This? I didn't see this coming. I don't see how they can expect it to roll forward without large-scale changes, considering how badly it has cratered.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:44 AM 06-07-2022
Tonight's matchup:

Toronto (A. Manoah 6-1, 1.98) vs. Kansas City (B. Keller 1-6, 4.15)

Should be...... interesting. :-)
[Reply]
nychief 11:52 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This should be non-survivable.

I expected them to muddle to around .500, disappointingly stick with Matheny and his crew of dummy coaches, and then have the piper come due at the end of next season (another non-playoff year).

This? I didn't see this coming. I don't see how they can expect it to roll forward without large-scale changes, considering how badly it has cratered.

They can't lose a 110 games and ask the for tax money on new stadium - they'll need to turn this shit around - get some competent major league coaches and front office people.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:14 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:

DM has been here 16 years and they have shown that they have no idea how to develop young pitchers.
I think the talent has been there to develop, but they aren't getting the tutelage they need to flourish at the MLB level.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:31 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
This is the sad part about it.

They're not devoid of talent.

I mean, even if you believe that Eldred is not at all responsible for the failings at the major league level, you have to at least acknowledge that he certainly isn't helping them work through those failures in a positive way and he doesn't seem to have any answers for them. And even if/when he did, he couldn't convince them to make the changes that needed to be made.

Supposedly, they knew what the issue with Junis was. They just couldn't get him to 'buy in'. He goes to a new organization, that pitching coach does get him to buy into the same changes that supposedly the Royals were trying to get him to make. So why didn't he listen to the Royals while he was here? The organization that he was drafted by and grew up in. Sounds like a lack of trust to me. Brady Singer didn't take the change up thing seriously despite many people talking with him about it. It took the Royals signing Greinke and the two of them having some conversations together to get him to finally make some changes.

So, once again, Royals coaches couldn't get him to buy in (lack of trust), but Greinke (successful major league pitcher with proven track record) could. Just another example of the organizational failure of the development of young arms.

It's just mind boggling to me that they've stuck with Cal Eldred as long as they have.

Even if you believe (and I don't) that he's not responsible, he's not providing your organization ANYTHING right now. A pitching rubber could give just as effective advice at this point.

:-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:19 PM 06-07-2022
Junis's success + what the staff this year at the major level + what they do in Omaha = new pitching coach ASAP

This team isn't a playoff team but the talent they have shouldn't be last in the MLB either. It's not like they are trotting out some of those dog shit cheap lineups of the mid 00s.
[Reply]
dmahurin 02:15 PM 06-07-2022
Joe Madden just fired. He should be on the phone with Sherman right now.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:21 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Joe Madden just fired. He should be on the phone with Sherman right now.
He couldn't win with Trout and Ohtani.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:05 PM 06-07-2022
He knows how to manage young pitching. Would take him in a heartbeat!

About anything at this point to get rid of Bozo the Clown (MM) and Cookie (Cal).
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:33 PM 06-07-2022
Blue Jays catcher is hilarious when he runs. Short and fat.

[Reply]
Dartgod 06:40 PM 06-07-2022
Does anyone else's video feed on Bally's network freeze up frequently? It seems like it is their issue, but I wouldn't rule out Spectrum being the culprit.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 469
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Up