ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 319
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:46 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because what this team needs more of is players with injury histories.
Totally agree.

IF they do take him, it needs to be via a trade back where we at least get another top 100 pick added on.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 AM 02-16-2021
No Landon Dickerson. He’s a broke dick just waiting to miss time. Would much rather wait until rd 2 and get Josh Myers or Creed Humphrey.

C isn’t a good value in rd 1.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:14 AM 02-16-2021
Yea I don’t see them going IOL in the 1st unless it’s a guy with versatility to play T (like AVT or more realistically Radunz).
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's fine so I don't think replacing him is a priority.... But a starting MLB only only plays 55% of snaps is pretty terrible.
They play a base nickel. About 40% of the time, there's only 2 LB's on the field at any given time.

LB's aren't a premium in any defense, let alone this one.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:15 AM 02-16-2021
Yea I don’t see them going IOL in the 1st unless it’s a guy with versatility to play T (like AVT or more realistically Radunz).
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 AM 02-16-2021
I agree with you guys on Dickerson. I feel similarly about Phillips.

I'm just tired of all the injured guys that soak up spots and do nothing.

We got rid of Dee Ford. We should get rid of Sammy Watkins.

And we should avoid acquiring any more people like that.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:23 AM 02-16-2021
This is my favorite C prospect. I feel like the analysts are too low on him. Usually these guys go early in rd 2.

No sacks allowed last 2 years and a 3 time All-Academic honoree. This guy would be a perfect fit for us IMO.

Originally Posted by :
Creed Humphrey was part of the 2018 Oklahoma Sooners’ offensive line that won the Joe Moore Award. The Oklahoma staff had high hopes for Humphrey as a recruit. He was a top-four center unanimously across every recruiting service and was the third-ranked recruit in Oklahoma. Hailing from Shawnee, Oklahoma, Humphrey was a heavy name in the Oklahoma high school wrestling circuit. His father was a three-time All-American wrestler as well.

That wrestling background showed in his strength and play in college. As a freshman, Humphrey was bench pressing 400 pounds and squatting 600 pounds. Humphrey redshirted as a freshman to develop behind first-team All-Big 12 player Erick Wren.

Creed Humphrey got the starting nod at center in 2018 and locked up the starting role for years. Humphrey paved the way for Heisman winner QB Kyler Murray and helped Oklahoma make the playoffs against Alabama. There, he went toe-to-toe against future #3 overall pick Quinnen Williams and more than held his own.Humphrey earned a spot as the second-team All-Big 12 team and was named to the freshman All-American squad by FWAA.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/c...lahoma-center/
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:24 AM 02-16-2021
As much as I like Marshall in the first....I’m starting to lean towards DE in the first round. Unless we can figure out a way to get a DE in FA like Okwara.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 02-16-2021
Humphrey is my favorite center prospect too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
As much as I like Marshall in the first....I’m starting to lean towards DE in the first round. Unless we can figure out a way to get a DE in FA like Okwara.
At the end of the day, I think Marshall is gone at 31. I've seen him being looked at as a low 20's guy now in a lot of mocks.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:28 AM 02-16-2021
Love Humphrey, but wouldn't go Center at #31 I don't think.

Also love Meinerz. I'd be skeptical of his tape (which is hilarious) but he ate guys up at the Senior Bowl too.

On the other hand....

locking in a C, and your interior line is pretty much fixed. That's hard to argue with.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Also love Meinerz. I'd be skeptical of his tape (which is hilarious) but he ate guys up at the Senior Bowl too.
I’d draft Meinerz as a OG.
[Reply]
-King- 11:31 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They play a base nickel. About 40% of the time, there's only 2 LB's on the field at any given time.

LB's aren't a premium in any defense, let alone this one.
I know what they played. It doesn't matter. A MLB who's the main signal caller should play more than half the plays in any defense/formation.

But like I said, replacing him isn't a priority so it's not something they have to worry about this off season unless someone amazing drops or something. (I don't know shit about college football other than the stars so I don't know if there's any "amazing" LBs)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:32 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree with you guys on Dickerson. I feel similarly about Phillips.

I'm just tired of all the injured guys that soak up spots and do nothing.

We got rid of Dee Ford. We should get rid of Sammy Watkins.

And we should avoid acquiring any more people like that.
The difference between Phillips and Dickerson is that Phillips hasn’t had injury issues for some time and got through the season completely healthy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

On the other hand....

locking in a C, and your interior line is pretty much fixed. That's hard to argue with.
The problem Humphrey is that I think he's a 45-ish guy. Wouldn't be good value at 31 but won't last to 63. It will be interesting for sure.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 319
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Up