ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 79
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs release Fisher
Dante84 08:48 AM 03-11-2021

Chiefs released former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 09:26 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They'll be active in the draft for sure.

But not "early and often" necessarily. They're going to sign somebody really soon that will be a starter.
A lot of good OL have been let go or traded so far.

That speaks to how good this OL class is. We’re going to draft an OL early and later IMO. Probably not in the 1st rd but but definitely in the 2nd or 3rd.

It would not surprise me to see 2 OL in the first 4 rounds bc it’s that good of a class overall.

This is a damn good year for us. The draft is plentiful in areas of need on our offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:27 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Same, but Niang allowed zero sacks for two consecutive seasons, although his senior year was cut short. I can't help but wonder if he's capable of being a good LT. He seems to have more natural ability than Fisher.
That's kind of what I'm wondering.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:27 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I absolutely figured this was the case.

I also figure they aren't cutting these guys 6 days before free agency unless they got a deal figured out with a free agent of their choice.

My plan:LT: Williams, Remmers
LG: Osemele?, 3rd rounder, Rankin
C: Allegretti, Williams
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Remmers, Durant
RT: Niang, Remmers
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:27 AM 03-11-2021
"I want them cut. Not tomorrow, not after breakfast, NOW!"
[Reply]
wazu 09:27 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
At least we won’t be held hostage by the injury reports of Fish and Mitch.. No day to day bullshit..
Still feel kinda held hostage to just knowing Wylie is on the team and available.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:29 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They cut them both. Safe to say they determined neither one was likely to play/be effective while playing next year.
Absolutely wild! I hate seeing these two warriors move on but I am here for a no bullshit aggressive approach to getting young and healthy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
It's obvious you'll have to get at least one tackle from FA, however its a good time to be drafting O line. You'll probably have to make some schematic changes to help them adjust to the pro level but I don't think this is as bad on the surface as some have made it out to be. Those moves had to be made and you can go into FA and the draft with a clear path forward with some very good long-term options available to you.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
A lot of good OL have been let go or traded so far.

That speaks to how good this OL class is. We’re going to draft an OL early and later IMO. Probably not in the 1st rd but but definitely in the 2nd or 3rd.

It would not surprise me to see 2 OL in the first 4 rounds bc it’s that good of a class overall.

This is a damn good year for us. The draft is plentiful in areas of need on our offense.
I'm with Run on this.

I expect a couple of free agents and a couple of draft picks at this point. I wouldn't expect either of the draft picks to be immediate starters but probably a guy with high upside in the 2nd (if not a starting center) and a guy in the 4th would be my guess.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:30 AM 03-11-2021
This is amazing. Eric Berry clearly taught this organization a very valuable lesson.

Brett Veach needs a god damn wheelbarrow to lug his huge set of nuts around the Arrowhead Stadium offices. That dude has 3 things on his mind 365 days a year:

1. Win regular season games
2. Win AFC Titles
3. Win Super Bowls

No ego, no agenda, no kissy kiss feelings toward any player. He is going to do whatever the hell he needs to do to make this team the absolute best it can be.

Every time I think I can't love the guy more, he proves me wrong.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:31 AM 03-11-2021
I hope he's got an LT plan.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:31 AM 03-11-2021
"The Chiefs have released star left tackle Eric Fisher, ending the former No. 1 overall draft pick's eight-year run in Kansas City.

The move, announced Thursday, will save the reigning AFC champion Chiefs about $12 million against the salary cap. Kansas City also released starting right tackle Mitchell Schwartz."

Soooo... looks like we'll be rebuilding the OL this offseason?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:31 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Trade 31 to the Ravens for whats his name?
No way. Brown is wanting $20 million + per, like Tunsil and Bahktari. No way Chiefs are making him a Top 3 paid LT. Can't afford to with other contracts on the roster.

The Chiefs have chosen to pay their 'stars', bigtime. They'll be filling in the rest of the roster with bargains, for the most part. Not saying I disagree. It's just the reality of the new normal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:31 AM 03-11-2021
Have you guys watched any Niang tape?

Dude is built like Roaf, and moves like Roaf.

Now, I'm NOT saying he'll be as GOOD as Roaf, because Roaf was the best LT I ever saw.

I'm just saying he looks the part.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:33 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Now, I'm saying he'll be as GOOD as Roaf, because Roaf was the best LT I ever saw.

According to the AP Lab, all of Niang's footage he's released on social media shows him in RT stances.

Chiefs are hunting for a LT, and probably have a deal already in place for one.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:33 AM 03-11-2021
Trent Williams is going to cost about $18-20 million per year.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:33 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Now, I'm saying he'll be as GOOD as Roaf, because Roaf was the best LT I ever saw.

So you're saying he'll be as good as Roaf? :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 79
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up