ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 31
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
O.city 07:34 AM 03-28-2021
If there’s a guy they like enough to trade up from 63 for, just take him at 31 and move on
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:03 AM 03-28-2021
For all of the shit Veach gets for drafting Speaks....people seem to forget that Dorsey drafted KPass that didn’t do shit either. Dorsey isn’t this fucking God.

2013 - Fisher and Kelce. The rest was complete shit.
2014 - Dee Ford and LDT. Ford took forever to develop and his only saving grace was the 2nd rounder we got for him.
2015 - Peters and Morse. I guess you can add role players in Conley and Nelson. Although Conley was a 3rd rounder that didn’t last past his rookie deal.
2016 - Chris Jones, Demarcus Robinson and Tyreek Hill. But let’s forget the 3 DBs that he drafted that never did dick. Russell was so awesome that he was a 3rd rounder that got cut in his first training camp.
2017 - Mahomes and Hunt. The rest was garbage.

Dorsey could never fucking draft a LB for this team and outside of Peters....he couldn’t hit on a DB.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:11 AM 03-28-2021
As long as Andy is here I have total faith in this team to find weapons and OL. He’s been successful at this for more than 20 years
[Reply]
O.city 10:40 AM 03-28-2021
The more I’ve read I think eichenberg goes way earlier than we think.

And people way overrate the draft. If you hit on 2 players in a draft, it’s a fine draft. Any more than that your doing well
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:36 PM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

And people way overrate the draft. If you hit on 2 players in a draft, it’s a fine draft. Any more than that your doing well
I don't see how, or at least if he does, it will push someone unexpected at OT to be available. There aren't going to be a half dozen OT's go in the first round, that's just not going to happen.

And as for overrating the draft, I disagree and particularly so in this year, with all the covid weirdness, opt-outs, partial seasons, etc. combined with with all of the new front offices and scouting departments/coaching staffs/offensive and defensive systems...a team like KC, with remarkable organizational stability should absolutely kill this draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:46 PM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Then that would mean somebody like Jenkins or Cosmi would fall.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:52 PM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I kind of figured that’s where this was going. Probably best to just agree to disagree and move on.
No man, people say that shit all the time around here. "I'll default to the guy that got us a Super Bowl." You're not the only one to have said it. Veach, undoubtedly, was our leader to the promised land and made changes required to get there but those changes didn't come in the draft.

Let's look at the important players for SB 54.

John Dorsey added these players:

Mahomes - Draft
Kelce - Draft
Fisher - Draft
Hill - Draft
Schwartz - FA
Duvernay-Tardif - Draft
Robinson - Draft
Sherman - Trade
Jones - Draft
Sorensen - UDFA
Kpassagnon - Draft
Ragland - Trade

Veach added these:
Hardman - Draft
Reiter - FA
Breeland - FA
Mathieu - FA
Ward - Trade
Nnadi - Draft
Clark - Trade
Hitchens - FA
Wilson - FA
Niemann - UDFA
Wisniewski - FA
Pennel - FA
Fuller - Trade
Williams - FA

The historic offense that we love was built by John Dorsey through the draft. Veach added the pieces in free agency and via trade to sculpt the rest of the roster. I like Veach a lot more than maybe I indicate, but he hasn't built anything with the draft just yet. Veach has proved he can bring in the right guys in FA or trade and litter in a few draft picks. I don't assume Veach isn't without fault until I know he can bring in more talent through the draft than he has when the chips are down and he has to, much like Dorsey had to face.

Dorsey hit on a lot of players that aren't with the Chiefs anymore on top of those that are. There may be varying degrees of talent, but guys like Morse, Hunt, Conley, O'Shaughnessy, Fulton, Peters, Nunez-Roches, Kush, and Gaines have had some longevity in the league and some more significant success than others. He brought in Smith to turn the franchise around. We owe alot to John Dorsey here that he doesn't get credit for.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:26 PM 03-28-2021

Stone Forsythe | OT | #72

+ Long, massive frame
+ Good movement out of stance, gets depth on set
+ Massive reach w/ power at the end of punch
+ Outside hand is firm
+ Doesn't chase the perfect frame -> pushes rushers up the arc
+ Strong core to halt rushers pic.twitter.com/OtohyiEKvZ

— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) March 28, 2021

This guy is very underrated. Absolutely shut Ojulari down.
[Reply]
O.city 07:37 PM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Then that would mean somebody like Jenkins or Cosmi would fall.
Maybe, but I dunno if Jenkins is a left tackle in the nfl. I haven’t paid much attention to him but I like his tenacity.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:15 AM 03-29-2021
So I've just watched a ton of OT film this weekend.

Eichenberg absolutely has to be the pick at 31 if we don't get a LT in FA.

Simply because he's the only guy outside of the first couple elite dudes who you can put at LT on day one.

You can't do that with Mayfield. You can't do that with Vera-Tucker or Jenkins -- who are both right tackles, in my mind. And you might be able to do that with Cosmi, but Cosmi has a lot of technique work to clean up.

Eichenberg is David Bakhtiari. He may make Pro Bowls but he's going to be super reliable in all of his non-athletic glory -- which is actually a blessing because athletic studs who are still learning the position like Darrisaw are going to be taken well before him as a result. Eichenberg is currently in pole position to have my endorsement.

I'd rather have a passrusher, but our hands are tied at this point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:26 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
There are people here that don't give Dorsey any credit at all and there are some that give him WAY too much credit.

One guy has stood on the sideines of 2 Super Bowls in 3 years. The other has been fired twice in the same span of time. Neither of them are perfect. Both of them know way more about evaluating football players than anybody here.

Like I said, agree to disagree. I'm not interested in discussing it further.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:26 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I'd rather have a passrusher, but our hands are tied at this point.
False.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:29 AM 03-29-2021
There are people here that don't give Dorsey any credit at all and there are some that give him WAY too much credit.

One guy has stood on the sideines of 2 Super Bowls in 3 years. The other has been fired twice in the same span of time. Neither of them are perfect. Both of them know way more about evaluating football players than anybody here.

Like I said, agree to disagree. I'm not interested in discussing it further.
Ooo! I am! I am!

Dorsey's and Veach's failures (aside from landing a generational QB) in the 2017 and 2018 drafts are why we have gaping chasms across this roster right now!
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:30 AM 03-29-2021
False.
We have a generational QB that we've paid $500m to right now.

If we don't plug LT with a free agent who's capable of holding the edge, which is really just Okung right now, then we have absolutely no choice but to invest our first rounder in a left tackle.

Hell, you probably can't even stand pat -- you probably have to trade up to ensure you get the one you want.

What second rounder are you comfortable with at starting left tackle week one!?
[Reply]
O.city 07:31 AM 03-29-2021
I like Eichenburg too. He'd be my choice if he's there.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 31
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up