ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
keg in kc 12:08 PM 05-17-2017
Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05:24 PM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Cast him as Vesemir now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:49 PM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
I finally picked this up for $17 bucks a couple of months back. Started playing it last week. Sticking to the main quests to start off with and am about 3 hours in...I can't believe I did not play this sooner. It is really great.

Still getting used to the combat, and have not really delved into the oils, potions and spells. A lotta stuff to learn.
Just remembered that I bought this a while ago and it’s still sealed in plastic. I need to change that.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:39 PM 01-08-2020
Hmmm
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:19 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I played and really enjoyed the first one. The second one pissed me off so much that I quit fairly soon in; hit a spot that I just couldn't get past, got frustrated, and that was it.
I got bored with the first one fairly quickly. The English translation just seemed ...off. And I didn't find the combat that great.

The second one, I too hit a spot that I just couldn't get past. Not a fight, but trying to figure out where the fuck to go. There were these little ledges you needed to jump off and they were very specific about where you needed to be to jump down. And they weren't marked, and they were in an area with a ton of tall grass, and there were several of them and the goddamn map was no help and it was just a frustrating fucking maze and I just didn't give enough fucks to continue.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:13 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I got bored with the first one fairly quickly. The English translation just seemed ...off. And I didn't find the combat that great.

The second one, I too hit a spot that I just couldn't get past. Not a fight, but trying to figure out where the fuck to go. There were these little ledges you needed to jump off and they were very specific about where you needed to be to jump down. And they weren't marked, and they were in an area with a ton of tall grass, and there were several of them and the goddamn map was no help and it was just a frustrating fucking maze and I just didn't give enough fucks to continue.
The first time I played the first game I didn't like it. At all. Quit almost immediately. Then about six months later I gave it another shot and loved it.

The main problem with the point in the second game that I couldn't get past was the color scheme. The background was so colorful and vivid and that I couldn't make out what was happening in the fight with some giant swamp creature that kept killing me. I think I tried to beat the goddamn thing for a couple of hours before I quit in disgust. Never tried that one again.
[Reply]
Fish 10:18 PM 01-10-2020
Pretty cool interactive map of the Witcher timeline:

https://www.witchernetflix.com/en-gb
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:32 AM 01-11-2020
Saw a study comparing the Witcher and Mandolrian downloads and streams. Binge or Weekly?

Conclusion was the Witcher had more views but the majority were on release weekend. Mandalorian got near to the Witcher with the last episode. But since currently Netflix has millions more subscribers, the Mandalorian was more popular. And the word of mouth and publicity for the show wasn't close with the weekly release of the Mandalorian.
[Reply]
cookster50 03:35 PM 01-11-2020
Baby Yoda is the only reason The Mandalorian is popular, if they hadn't included that character no one would be talking about that show.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:39 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by cookster50:
Baby Yoda is the only reason The Mandalorian is popular, if they hadn't included that character no one would be talking about that show.
So you're saying a popular show is popular because they have a popular character?

Sounds like you're close to that promotion you've been working for, Lieutenant Obvious.
[Reply]
underEJ 10:41 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Saw a study comparing the Witcher and Mandolrian downloads and streams. Binge or Weekly?

Conclusion was the Witcher had more views but the majority were on release weekend. Mandalorian got near to the Witcher with the last episode. But since currently Netflix has millions more subscribers, the Mandalorian was more popular. And the word of mouth and publicity for the show wasn't close with the weekly release of the Mandalorian.
This is the third article in Forbes in as many weeks attacking the binge release philosophy. Somebody has an agenda.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 01:43 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Cast him as Vesemir now.
Mark Hamill has expressed interest in being Vesemir too.
[Reply]
Captain Obvious 01:40 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
So you're saying a popular show is popular because they have a popular character?

Sounds like you're close to that promotion you've been working for, Lieutenant Obvious.
Not with the shoddy promotion paperwork I received, he’s not.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:13 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by underEJ:
This is the third article in Forbes in as many weeks attacking the binge release philosophy. Somebody has an agenda.
They aren't necessarily wrong though are they? It seems like Netflix could have wring a lot more buzz, word of mouth, advertising, etc. out of the Witcher if they had gone the GoT release route.
[Reply]
underEJ 08:13 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
They aren't necessarily wrong though are they? It seems like Netflix could have wring a lot more buzz, word of mouth, advertising, etc. out of the Witcher if they had gone the GoT release route.
In general, not completely wrong. For The Witcher though, I really think they needed existing game and book fans and new watchers who like to binge in order to contradict the reviews and give it some love. The needed them fast and on youtube in a hurry, and a bunch of fan videos went up in the first 24 hours praising the full season. It really depends on what the specific show needs. For instance, I'm not sure Stranger Things would have done as well with a weekly release, in the first season anyway.

Release strategy should be flexible as water cooler phenomenon are rare, and GoT in some ways ruined that as much as basked in it. When all that resolved to nothing, people were very disappointed. True Detective as well. Tons of conversation and theory leading to a much simpler resolution. Alot less people getting into things at that GoT level now. Something will come along to spark it again, but the signal won't be great weekly numbers in the first season. It will be big growth in between seasons. For Mandalorian vs. Witcher, we won't know until we see the growth into seasons 2.
Streaming means shows have year round life with new viewers joining and renewing the buzz.

I just don't think we have definitive answers to how shows are best released yet, and Forbes was recently bought by a Chinese media company though I haven't figured out what their interest is yet. There have definitely been rumors that the editorial board is not as free as it used to be.
[Reply]
Fish 08:15 PM 01-15-2020
Throw a coin to your Witcher..?

[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up