ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
keg in kc 12:08 PM 05-17-2017
Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:22 AM 12-22-2019
Never read the stories, never played the video game. But I'm home doing absolutely nothing I don't want to do for the next three weeks and watched the first four episodes of this last night.

It's great. Dude that plays the main character is nails-on. Also, use of some magic without being too much or of the harry-potter hokey variety. Fight scenes are excellent, dude's moves are highly skilled. And bare nekkid woman's ass and titties. And a set of wolf's-head silver knuckles.
[Reply]
Fish 11:27 AM 12-22-2019
They did do some confusing stuff with the timeline switching. There were a few "Wait isn't he dead? Ohhh, it's a flashback.." moments.

Geralt sure groans a lot... LOL...
[Reply]
vailpass 11:29 AM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
They did do some confusing stuff with the timeline switching. There were a few "Wait isn't he dead? Ohhh, it's a flashback.." moments.

Geralt sure groans a lot... LOL...
I'm new to the series but it feels to me so far like most of this is exposition setting up the real story that will kick in at a later time.

Note to all:This is definitely not a request for spoilers :-)
[Reply]
Fish 11:30 AM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I'm new to the series but it feels to me so far like most of this is exposition setting up the real story that will kick in at a later time.

Note to all:This is definitely not a request for spoilers :-)
Ohh, there's definitely plenty more story material....
[Reply]
vailpass 11:33 AM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Ohh, there's definitely plenty more story material....
Good. This is another series I would have liked to see HBO take on post-GoT but so far it seems Netflix is doing a good job.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:08 PM 12-22-2019
The first 2 books are short stories that aren’t in chronological order, that’s why it’s somewhat confusing to people that are new. It’s a legit complaint but once they get to the main story the time jumping will stop. Maybe they could have added a screen and put a date on it when jumping between story lines. Geralt and Yen are both over 100 years old.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:39 PM 12-22-2019
Just saw something I've never seen before, the Forbes reviewer slamming the EW reviewers for their shit 'work' on their so-called review, one of the ones I mentioned earlier in the thread. Slammed the shit out of them for giving the show an F after watching half the pilot and bits of another later episode, basically asking how people are supposed to trust reviews when the reviewers sit up on their little pedestal and don't even bother to watch what they're reviewing or even do a modicum of research into a character (theyslammed the actor playing Jaskier/Buttercup/Dandelion, didn't even know the character's name). Wasn't referring to their opinion or right to express it, but justifyingly, in my opinion, asking how they can even form an opinion in the first place if they don't make the effort to watch the five episodes they were sent.
[Reply]
Fish 01:40 PM 12-22-2019
This was some impressive choreography...

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:11 PM 12-22-2019
Just finished the series this morning. I thought it was well done. I played the Witcher 3, but nothing else. other than about 30 seconds of initial confusion, I had no problem following the timeline switching, but i could see how it might have been a little confusing for some.

Didn't realize it was going to be such a short season. Seven episodes is short, even by today's standards. Definitely want to see more.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12-22-2019, 02:12 PM
This message has been deleted by Beef Supreme. Reason: Duplicate post
keg in kc 05:23 PM 12-22-2019
If you only saw seven, you have one more to go.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:53 PM 12-22-2019
Was who's Yennifer? The last line of the season?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:21 PM 12-22-2019
Watched 4 episodes so far. I like it, though I have no idea WTF is going on...I also don't know the books or the games. But it's entertaining as hell.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:28 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Watched 4 episodes so far. I like it, though I have no idea WTF is going on...I also don't know the books or the games. But it's entertaining as hell.
In the end it all makes sense, this series is the one that’s replacing Game of Thrones. It was amazing,

Story Telling - Satisfying end to season and once you complete season you see the common thread throughout whole season

Acting - Jesus they got Garalt (spelling?) so fucking right, the women actors were amazing to. I genuinely believe the love interest

Fight Scenes - he must have trained for a long time because his moves seem so fucking bang on and natural it’s hard to tell...

Honestly Netflix drop your money in this series because there is a void after game of thrones....and my god was this good
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:10 PM 12-22-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Was who's Yennifer? The last line of the season?
Yeah, so you missed an ep sometime earlier in the season.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:32 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah, so you missed an ep sometime earlier in the season.
No. I watched them all. I just looked at the season about halfway through and thought i only saw seven listed. Still 8 is pretty short.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up