ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 23
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes is 15 TDs away from passing Aikman
petegz28 07:47 AM 07-02-2022

Crazy Stat: Patrick Mahomes could throw 15 touchdowns the rest of his career and still finish with more career touchdown passes than Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman.

Note: Mahomes has played in 102 less games. pic.twitter.com/YzE4B34Xh2

— Sea of Red Nation (@seaofrednation) July 1, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:35 PM 07-02-2022
another thing that a lot of people have forgotten, a lot of QBs in the 90s racked up meaningless passing yards in games that were out of reach

there was a lot of data during that time period where the QBs putting up 300 yards had a losing record

in that era it was a run-first league, and most teams ran to set up the pass

QBs real value in that era came in the red zone and on third down, and in the clutch/postseason

chiefs fans should know this better than most because montana never had big passing numbers while he was in KC, but he got us further than we had been in a long long time

the recency bias with quarterback play and comparisons to guys who played 30 years is objectively terrible for the sport
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:41 PM 07-02-2022
Aikman was so good that Barry Switzer was going to scrap the wishbone and go to a pro style passing attack at Oklahoma until he got hurt. That should tell you how much talent he had.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:55 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
objectively speaking, there was almost no difference in physical ability between carson palmer and troy aikman

yet one has 46,000 yards and 294 TDs

was he a better QB? hell no - he just played in a different era

in the modern era, troy falls somewhere between matt ryan and matthew stafford

his arm wasn't quite as strong as stafford's, but it was certainly stronger than ryan's, and he wasn't such a dopey fuck neither

trent green was a poor man's troy aikman

you don't have to like troy, but you damn well better respect him - to those of who lived his prime in the city of dallas, he was and still is like a greek god
Aikman was a good, not great, QB. Dallas won superbowls with amazing D and an amazing running game. Plug in Kelly or Young into those teams and they win the same amount of superbowls. Probably a busted up Marino as well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:06 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Aikman was a good, not great, QB. Dallas won superbowls with amazing D and an amazing running game. Plug in Kelly or Young into those teams and they win the same amount of superbowls. Probably a busted up Marino as well.
he was a very good QB with elite passing ability who had great moments

nobody in NFL history threw the deep out or comeback better than Troy Aikman

jay novacek and alvin harper were absolute nobodies that Aikman made
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:13 PM 07-02-2022
he was a very good QB with elite passing ability who had great moments

nobody in NFL history threw the deep out or comeback better than Troy Aikman

jay novacek and alvin harper were absolute nobodies that Aikman made
Aikman bent you over once?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:08 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Aikman bent you over once?
he spanked steve young and brett favre 3x apiece and topped it off by spanking kelly two more times

the dude is vastly underrated
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:16 PM 07-02-2022
jay novacek and alvin harper
Who the fuck are these guys? Bodybuilders who made you look like a squished Twinkie in the back of your Murano?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:38 PM 07-02-2022
"there were plays when i ran a route and i couldn't see the ball...and i put my hands up and the ball hit me right in the hands...if i closed my eyes to run 10 routes, i believe 8 of them would have hit me in the hands."

- michael irvin on troy aikman
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:39 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Who the fuck are these guys? Bodybuilders who made you look like a squished Twinkie in the back of your Murano?
jay novacek was a nobody TE in arizona aikman turned into a pro bowler

alvin harper was aikman's deep threat...averaged an insane 25 yards per catch one year...did absolutely nothing after leaving dallas because aikman wasn't his QB
[Reply]
Stryker 06:40 PM 07-02-2022
Man I had to look it up. Aikman went to the SB 3Xs with the Cowboys and WON all three times - quite a feat actually. Mahomes will get waaaaayyyy more that 15 TD's in his career so that is that. He needs 7 more SB rings to beat the Goat! THAT is what this Chiefs fan wants! :-)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:25 PM 07-02-2022
jay novacek was a nobody TE in arizona aikman turned into a pro bowler

alvin harper was aikman's deep threat...averaged an insane 25 yards per catch one year...did absolutely nothing after leaving dallas because aikman wasn't his QB
So they did or did not have a soup kitchen in your Murano?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:28 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
So they did or did not have a soup kitchen in your Murano?
i got the upgrade package with the case of ramen in the trunk
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:57 PM 07-02-2022
Here's the real telling stat about Aikman. Look up his record when Irving or Smith missed. It was abysmal. He couldn't win without them. Then look at the Cowboys record with Garret because Aikman missed. They were nearly undefeated. Quarterback was plug and play as long as Irving and Smith were out there
[Reply]
Enid Borden 08:02 PM 07-02-2022
Crazy. Dallas was really crappy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:24 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Here's the real telling stat about Aikman. Look up his record when Irving or Smith missed. It was abysmal. He couldn't win without them.
This is a bullshit stat.

Irvin didn't miss a single game from 91 to 95, Aikman's prime.

Yes, Aikman was not as good after that, and that coincided with Irvin missing some games. Doesn't mean shit.

Now, for Smith.

Aikman had a 112 QB rating in the first game Smith missed in '93. Fail on your part.

The second game, 62. You get a credit here.

Smith missed one game in 1995, because the Cowboys had the bye wrapped up in Week 17. Aikman threw 11 passes and gave way to Rodney Peete. That doesn't even count.

Effectively, you're talking about two games, one of which Aikman played extremely well in. The sample size on this is so small, it effectively means nothing.

And now to level your argument...

Emmitt Smith had all of 60 yards rushing and 0 TD in a 1993 playoff game against the Packers. Aikman picked up the slack by throwing for 300 yards and 3 TD.

In a 1994 playoff game, Smith had all of 44 yards and got HURT BEFORE HALFTIME against the No. 5 defense. Aikman threw for 337 and 2 TD.

And finally, in Super Bowl XXX, Smith was completely shut down (49 yards on 18 carries), and Aikman had a 109 QB rating and brought home the hardware.

It's complete bunk to say Aikman was worthless without the other 2/3 of the triplets.

Also, who the fuck is IRVING?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 23
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up