ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 131
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:41 PM 10-19-2021
Bjelica carrying the Warriors.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:41 PM 10-19-2021
LeBron goes 34-11-5 on 13 of 23 shooting and a 0 +/- (there’s no way he’s giving this kind of effort in every game this season) and the game isn’t even close. Westbrook was -25 lol
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:46 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Lakers are a disaster right now and aren’t a measuring stick for any team this year, but the Warriors’ fate will only really be decided by what Klay Thompson is.
Vegas has them as the favorites to win the West.

I really like this Warriors bench especially this Bjelica guy. They got a good mix of young guys and vets and hopefully when Klay is ready this team is ready to roll. Just got to stay healthy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:49 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They won’t for long. They just got crushed by a very mediocre Warriors team with Curry shooting 5 for 21. Apparently some haven’t quite clued in to the fact that Westbrook has been a terrible basketball player for years now despite putting up volume stats on a nothing team.

These projections are probably a much more accurate look at what the Lakers actually are this year: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...a-predictions/

Originally Posted by :
I really like this Warriors bench especially this Bjelica guy. They got a good mix of young guys and vets and hopefully when Klay is ready this team is ready to roll. Just got to stay healthy.
Warriors need Klay back to what he was to even match up against the truly elite teams in the West. Just isn’t enough depth of talent there.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:50 PM 10-19-2021

They've got two top young talents waiting on their bench. Clay is great in the near term, but Moody and Kuminga could be outstanding down the road.

Well-run organization.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:11 PM 10-19-2021
They won’t for long. They just got crushed by a very mediocre Warriors team with Curry shooting 5 for 21. Apparently some haven’t quite clued in to the fact that Westbrook has been a terrible basketball player for years now despite putting up volume stats on a nothing team.

These projections are probably a much more accurate look at what the Lakers actually are this year: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...a-predictions/

Warriors need Klay back to what he was to even match up against the truly elite teams in the West. Just isn’t enough depth of talent there.

Your kidding right or are you high? I will take what Vegas predicts over 538. No way GSW is going to have a worse record than the Pelicans or Twolves. And the Lakers aren’t going to be a .500 team and miss the playoffs.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:36 PM 10-19-2021
Your kidding right or are you high? I will take what Vegas predicts over 538. No way GSW is going to have a worse record than the Pelicans or Twolves. And the Lakers aren’t going to be a .500 team and miss the playoffs.
I’m not kidding, there’s a reason these teams are projected low by those statistical systems and it is because they lack any kind of depth of talent (and in the Warriors case particularly because Klay Thompson hasn’t played in literally years and is going to miss a ton of games). Do I think they’ll finish at .500? No. But do I think the Lakers are a championship contender with the roster as it is right now? Not a chance.

Westbrook isn’t just a bad fit with LeBron (which he would have been back when he was elite player instead of a bad one). He’s literally the worst possible roster fit in the league with him. It’s a disaster in the making unless Westbrook somehow figures out how to be a good off-ball player (and he almost certainly won’t). No idea what Pelinka is doing.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:41 AM 10-20-2021
I’m not kidding, there’s a reason these teams are projected low by those statistical systems and it is because they lack any kind of depth of talent (and in the Warriors case particularly because Klay Thompson hasn’t played in literally years and is going to miss a ton of games). Do I think they’ll finish at .500? No. But do I think the Lakers are a championship contender with the roster as it is right now? Not a chance.

Westbrook isn’t just a bad fit with LeBron (which he would have been back when he was elite player instead of a bad one). He’s literally the worst possible roster fit in the league with him. It’s a disaster in the making unless Westbrook somehow figures out how to be a good off-ball player (and he almost certainly won’t). No idea what Pelinka is doing.
We will have to revisit this topic come playoff time but IMO there is no way the Pelicans or Twolves will be better than GSW. Vegas has the Warriors has +1200 to win it all which is 4th.

As you may remember I have never been a fan of Westbrook and always thought he was a shitty player and an asshole. I admit I haven't read up much about the Lakers but I thought I read they don't have many options left to improve their roster. I guess they could try to trade Westbrook but who is going to trade for him at this point especially if it doesn't work out with LA.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:17 AM 10-20-2021
We will have to revisit this topic come playoff time but IMO there is no way the Pelicans or Twolves will be better than GSW. Vegas has the Warriors has +1200 to win it all which is 4th.
That's because they think the Warriors at their ceiling with a healthy Klay are a legitimate contender in the West. That may be correct, but I'd want to at least see Klay playing basketball first again before backing that team.

Originally Posted by :
As you may remember I have never been a fan of Westbrook and always thought he was a shitty player and an asshole. I admit I haven't read up much about the Lakers but I thought I read they don't have many options left to improve their roster. I guess they could try to trade Westbrook but who is going to trade for him at this point especially if it doesn't work out with LA.
Lots of players are assholes and still good. Westbrook is no longer one of those players.
He was thought to be virtually untradeable last year before the Wizards got out from his contract. The Lakers may try to do it as well when this inevitably fails, but how many teams are run as poorly as they are?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:45 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
They could've had a GREAT fit in Hield. They backed out and took Westbrook instead.

I'm not kidding.

In related news, the Lakers heard that whitney mercilus is available and are DEFINITELY interested.
LeGM strikes again.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:06 PM 10-20-2021
LOL @ Lakers. Great start to the LeBron/AD/Westbrick era...
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:30 PM 10-20-2021
That's because they think the Warriors at their ceiling with a healthy Klay are a legitimate contender in the West. That may be correct, but I'd want to at least see Klay playing basketball first again before backing that team.

Lots of players are assholes and still good. Westbrook is no longer one of those players.
He was thought to be virtually untradeable last year before the Wizards got out from his contract. The Lakers may try to do it as well when this inevitably fails, but how many teams are run as poorly as they are?
Don't you see the trend? This happens with every team Lebron is on. hmmmm..:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:24 PM 10-20-2021
This Knicks - Celtics game is having a wild OT. Great game
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:26 PM 10-20-2021
Double OT

Knicks win. What a game. Jaylen Briwn had 46 coming off Covid.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:56 PM 10-20-2021
Don't you see the trend? This happens with every team Lebron is on. hmmmm..:-)
Are you suggesting LeBron is responsible for the Westbrook trade? Could be. It’s not like it is happening without at least a green light from him. Either way, though, it was dumb as **** and that stands no matter who wanted it. Total mess there.

Went to the Raptors game tonight and that team is effectively tanking this season already. Basically, they’re just gonna spend the entire season trying to develop Scottie Barnes.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 131
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up