ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3886 of 3903
« First < 2886338637863836387638823883388438853886 38873888388938903896 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 01:16 PM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Based on what I read today it certainly is. You can link me up though I'm totally open to being wrong. Media isn't exactly reliable.
What did you read?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:20 PM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
What did you read?
The two dominant strains, B4 and B5 are 4-5 times more resistant to antibodies from the vaccine as B1 was, and they don't seem to have any response to B1 antibodies. That second bit I may have misunderstood.
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 06-30-2022
Wife and one of the kids have it. Mom had it last week and unknowingly brought it to us. Nothing for me. Wife is having sore throat and coughing. 2nd bout with it. Had it in January, same for me.

Some congestion but I’ve tested and it’s negative so far
[Reply]
TLO 01:26 PM 06-30-2022
The two dominant strains, B4 and B5 are 4-5 times more resistant to antibodies from the vaccine as B1 was, and they don't seem to have any response to B1 antibodies. That second bit I may have misunderstood.
https://www.statnews.com/2022/06/29/...e-composition/

Originally Posted by :
Moderna and Pfizer executives have claimed that the Omicron vaccines will be protective for longer. That may be true, but how long is longer? A few weeks? A month or two? Again, detailed modeling of the data might provide important information. It’s important to be sure that changing the booster vaccine to include the Omicron sequence offers enough of an advantage to justify the cost and complexity associated with making the switch.

The reason why the Omicron and earlier variant boosters are little or no better than a standard booster is rooted in immunology. The immune system responds to the first sight of the viral spike protein by making neutralizing antibodies and by starting to lay down memory cells that are an archive of what it is seeing. Those memory cells improve over a multi-month period and are then triggered into action when the immune system reencounters the spike protein, either as an infection or in a booster vaccination. The resulting neutralizing antibody response doesn’t appear to depend very much on whether the boost was with the original sequence, the Beta sequence, the Delta sequence, or the Omicron sequence — all are about equally as good at reawakening immune memory cells. The Omicron vaccines also seem to elicit some neutralizing antibodies that are unique to that variant and that make a minor contribution to the overall response. It’s possible that component could improve over time or after additional boosts, but we have no data to evaluate.

Because no one can predict how SARS-CoV-2 will further evolve, there’s no way to tell whether one or more Omicron-based boosts over the next year would be beneficial against what may emerge. What is known is that the increasingly prevalent BA.4 and BA.5 variants are even more resistant to neutralizing antibodies, typically by three- or four-fold, than the now-vanished BA.1 variant on which the Omicron vaccines are based. The trend toward greater resistance of neutralizing antibodies may well worsen.

[Reply]
wazu 01:38 PM 06-30-2022
People aren't reporting testing from home tests, and they mailed out millions of them.
That makes a lot of sense. Most I know are down for days, much more symptomatic than a lot of the people who reported it previously. Nobody hospitalized or anything, just feel crappy.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:55 PM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
https://www.statnews.com/2022/06/29/...e-composition/
This fall when they update the shots, I'm planning on getting a booster then. I'm not against the vaccines at all. Just not sure taking more of something that is losing efficacy is the right move.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:13 PM 06-30-2022
Wife tested positive today and has cough and chest congestion. My 22 year old son has had same symptoms for a week but tests negative. Myself and my 18 year old daughter have zero symptoms.

And yes, all vaxxed and boosted but still sick.

Don’t watch news much but has anybody figured out how this particular virus started? Bats vs something else?
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 02:41 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Wife tested positive today and has cough and chest congestion. My 22 year old son has had same symptoms for a week but tests negative. Myself and my 18 year old daughter have zero symptoms.

Don’t watch news much but has anybody figured out how this particular virus started? Bats vs something else?
I havent looked into it for a year but this podcast presented some pretty damning evidence that it was a lab leak. I trust the host to ground the arguments in science and not sensationalize.

https://peterattiamd.com/katherineeban2/
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:34 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by jdubya:

Most likely bats and:

It's believable that it was transferred from a bat in the wild to a human.

It's believable that it was at a 'wet' market selling meat.

It's believable that a Chinese lab studying the virus had a lab leak. (Which is not to say they were trying to militarize the virus. They were just studying the naturally occurring virus because it was a threat. Like no shit, guys.)

China has gone out of their way to make it difficult for outsiders to figure anything out.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:17 AM 07-02-2022
Daughter suddenly spiked a fever out of nowhere last night. 103. Gave her some Motrin and she cooled right off. Low grade fever this morning but she tested negative. Wifes cough much better today. I'm still cruising and boozing
[Reply]
Strongside 05:26 PM 07-02-2022
After avoiding it entirely up to now (that we know of) my 3 year old has it. Tested positive 2 days ago. Fever, mild cough. Has been mostly good today. My wife has a bit of a cough but testing negative. I’m good so far but fully expect to get it. It’s impossible to put any kind of preventative measures in place when the primary case is a toddler. Wife and I are both vaxxed + boosted.
[Reply]
loochy 05:44 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Strongside:
After avoiding it entirely up to now (that we know of) my 3 year old has it. Tested positive 2 days ago. Fever, mild cough. Has been mostly good today. My wife has a bit of a cough but testing negative. I’m good so far but fully expect to get it. It’s impossible to put any kind of preventative measures in place when the primary case is a toddler. Wife and I are both vaxxed + boosted.

Don't worry, YBF. By far the worst part is the quarantine BS.
[Reply]
Strongside 06:25 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Don't worry, YBF. By far the worst part is the quarantine BS.
Drinking whiskey in hopes it kills whatever might have made its way into my system.
[Reply]
wazu 09:30 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Drinking whiskey in hopes it kills whatever might have made its way into my system.
This works. I drink a lot of whiskey and never get sick. Hopefully there are no negative health effects.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:00 AM 07-03-2022
My 65 yr old mother got it and had a cough and sore throat. Never had a fever. She has fibromyalgia and is a cancer survivor and got through it pretty well. She is 3x vaxxed. Myself the wife and kid were exposed and never got it. So glad it wasn't worse for her.
[Reply]
Page 3886 of 3903
« First < 2886338637863836387638823883388438853886 38873888388938903896 > Last »
Up