ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 564 of 2684
« First < 64464514554560561562563564 56556656756857461466410641564 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
tooge 12:41 AM 01-01-2018
Mahomes looked like what he is. A very dynamic, strong armed and improvising ROOKIE QB. He made some bad decisions but added some freaky unreal plays. The throw to Robinson in the fourth quarter was one that looked like vintage Favre. I think this kid will be a great one. Having said that, I see two options for KC.
1. Look to trade Alex for something like a second and fourth, and take the lumps while PM learns to clean things up
2. Start Alex one more year then unleash PM in 2019 and roll for a decade. I sorta hope they choose option 1, but that requires a trade partner and I wouldn't take less than a second and fourth for him.

Nice win today
[Reply]
Callaway 12:42 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
It's just a little sign that some of the questions about him being a spoiled/sheltered rich kid were true.
Get the **** out of here with that false narrative. I usually just lurk, but I registered an account just to correct this foolish bullshit. I'm a Tech alum and have been following Pat since before he made his debut at my alma mater. The kid is straight ****ing class. Literally one of the biggest reasons I am such a big fan. Always took the time to visit the sick kids in the hospital, do charity work, etc. You won't find a more stand up individual. Take a walk over to his instagram and check his posts out. Guy is making 7 figures a year now and lives in an apartment in KC. On the opposite end, venture over to Deshaun Watson's and see him flashing his new G wagon and mansion. God damn, some people.

For the rest, Mahomes gave me a NFL team again. Really enjoying the fans and community here. Pat is a once in a lifetime talent, and an even better person. Looking forward to the future.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:44 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Callaway:
Get the **** out of here with that false narrative. I usually just lurk, but I registered an account just to correct this foolish bullshit. I'm a Tech alum and have been following Pat since before he made his debut at my alma mater. The kid is straight ****ing class. Literally one of the biggest reasons I am such a big fan. Always took the time to visit the sick kids in the hospital, do charity work, etc. You won't find a more stand up individual. Take a walk over to his instagram and check his posts out. Guy is making 7 figures a year now and lives in an apartment in KC. On the opposite end, venture over to Deshaun Watson's and see him flashing his new G wagon and mansion. God damn, some people.

For the rest, Mahomes gave me a NFL team again. Really enjoying the fans and community here. Pat is a once in a lifetime talent. Looking forward to the future.
This guy seems nice
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:45 AM 01-01-2018

For the rest, Mahomes gave me a NFL team again. Really enjoying the fans and community here. Pat is a once in a lifetime talent, and an even better person. Looking forward to the future.
Guns up my son.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:48 AM 01-01-2018

Welcome. Great first post. Fuck Donk forever!
[Reply]
lcarus 12:48 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't, actually. I think a bust is a QB who can't run the offense efficiently and can't make plays. Alex can do the first thing but isn't good at the other. Mahomes could easily be a QB who does the 2nd thing but ignores the first one too often.
That's actually why I think this situation is about the best situation he could've landed in. With Reid and Smith teaching him how to run the offense efficiently it should help him to balance out those two things and pick his spots.
[Reply]
Callaway 01:01 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Guns up my son.
Thanks Clay. My dick is broken from watching this kid play the last four years. I enjoy the dysfunction, my Fiancee doesn't.

BTW - the "Throw it Deep, Son" vid was ace. Had me rolling.
[Reply]
Callaway 01:02 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Welcome. Great first post. **** Donk forever!
Gracias amigo. Glad to be here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:04 AM 01-01-2018
Thanks Clay. My dick is broken from watching this kid play the last four years. I enjoy the dysfunction, my Fiancee doesn't.

BTW - the "Throw it Deep, Son" vid was ace. Had me rolling.
I have no idea how the Red Raiders didn't win a national championship with this guy playing QB.

Your recruiting must SUCK ASS.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:11 AM 01-01-2018
How soon until a KC BBQ entree is named after Mahomes?

"Pat's Burnt Endzone Plate"
[Reply]
Callaway 01:29 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I have no idea how the Red Raiders didn't win a national championship with this guy playing QB.

Your recruiting must SUCK ASS.
We absolutely squandered his talent. I'm not even joking, our defense was ranked last in the FCS when he was there. Opposing team was virtually guaranteed to score each possession. I think we had at least three different DCs during his tenure. He literally carried the team on his back each game. Most of them were much, much closer than the final score indicates, due to his unwillingness to lose. Kingsbury can eval QB talent and coach them, and is one hell of an OC/offensive talent recruiter, but he still has way to go as a head coach. To his credit, he took over a cluster **** of a program that has been in disarray since we lost Mike Leach, and Tuberville subsequently ran it into the ground.

Ironically we finally turned the D around this year, just in time for the ship to have sailed. I truly believe we could have been a NC threat if Pat had stayed one more year. He made the right call though, and landed with the right team.
[Reply]
Callaway 01:39 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This guy seems nice
:-)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:49 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The only play that I thought was really bad was the chuck & duck on the final drive into double coverage. The INT I did not mind, just a poor throw. He was juiced up early on and firing fastballs like that.

We just don't want too many of those prayers thrown up. That is the Favre in him.
He made a gesture to the sideline right after the throw and I assumed when he was shown talking to Alex as soon as he got to the sideline that he was talking about that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:11 AM 01-01-2018
My random thoughts since I can't sleep...
- case keenum runs a conservative offense but it works because he rolls in all directions and is superb throwing on the run, even going left. imagine an aggressive qb who does that but also can sling the ball. Mahomes' throw rolling left to Robinson shows he can be that guy. That's going to be impossible to stop.
-On the offsides free play with pass rushers closing in, mahomes threw a backfoot lob that was barely overthrown to Robinson out of bounds. Might seem like an inaccurate throw but it wasn't. Mahomes took a safe risk on a back foot throw many qbs won't take. safe because it's an overthrow but in some cases close enough for a wr to make a play on it. It sounds like a weird observation but mahomes did this a lot in the preseason. Most qbs eat that. But mahomes always wants to put the ball in play and I love that kind of safe risk

-one thing to get used to for better or worse is mahomes doesn't like throwing the ball away. But he has a unique talent for always throwing the ball on his own terms. Hes made a few goofy decisions but very few tipped passes or wobblers. They mostly go exactly where he wants them to go.

-footwork on screens was a mess in the preseason. Looked sharp yesterday. Sign he's improving a ton
[Reply]
Danguardace 04:29 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Yep. Every road game minus Cleveland will be tough.

Home schedule is easier though.

Overall looks like a pretty tough schedule right now, but we'll see.
Rams game could be in London I am pretty sure they are committed to 1 more over here.
[Reply]
Page 564 of 2684
« First < 64464514554560561562563564 56556656756857461466410641564 > Last »
Up