ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Chiefsplanet Woolly Mammoths Thread****
Rain Man 01:12 AM 02-12-2017
A database error occurred when I posted the thread, so I went back and reposted it and the database error was gone but it turned out that the thread had actually posted and now it was existing twice and since I thought it would distract from the thread content if people saw it twice and felt compelled to point out that it was a Q instead of reading it, I decided that it would be best to delete one of the thread, which is the thread you're seeing here that now contains some random pictures of woolly mammoths.

[Reply]
TribalElder 01:38 AM 02-12-2017
That's where wool sweaters come from
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:41 AM 02-12-2017
NO, so much potential :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:12 AM 02-12-2017
Are those real wooly mammoths or just elephants dressed up like wooly mammoths ?
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:06 AM 02-12-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Are those real wooly mammoths or just elephants dressed up like wooly mammoths ?
the cave one was done with makeup :-)
[Reply]
loochy 07:31 AM 02-12-2017
Mumakil are cooler

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:44 AM 02-12-2017
This happened to me as well, but I was only posting in threads.

What the hell is going on with this site anymore. Is this a result in the "minor change in policy"?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:08 AM 02-12-2017
Wooly Mammoth lives matter.

Wait....

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)
[Reply]
Jim Raynor 08:23 AM 02-12-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

What the hell is going on with this site anymore. Is this a result in the "minor change in policy"?
Same has been happening to me. :-)
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 01:44 PM 02-12-2017
Vailpass should be along shortly to tell us how he once made out with a 23 year old woolly mammoth with fake tusks in his hot tub. I heard he was alive back then.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:56 PM 02-12-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

CP is under attack from some Algerian hacker.
[Reply]
eDave 03:07 PM 02-12-2017

[Reply]
Squalor2 11:01 AM 02-18-2017
Scientists Say They Could Bring Back Woolly Mammoths Within Two Years

"Ahead of the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) in Boston this week, Professor George Church of Harvard University spoke about the progress his team has made over two years of trying to recreate the genetic blueprint of the long-extinct woolly mammoth. According to Church, a world-renowned geneticist, his team believes it can create a mammoth-elephant hybrid, with many of the recognizable woolly mammoth features, in embryo form within two years.

Since 2015, Church and his fellow scientists have been working to isolate the mammoth genes and splice them into the DNA of an Asian elephant, the closest living relative to the woolly mammoth. To do this, they are using a gene-editing technique known as CRISPR/Cas9, which Church helped develop. Derived from a system bacteria uses to defend against viruses, the tool allows geneticists to “cut and paste” strands of DNA more precisely than ever before.

Up to now, Church and his team have stopped at the at cell stage, but they are moving on to creating embryos blending the mammoth traits with Asian elephant DNA. The resulting hybrid, sometimes referred to as a “mammophant,” would be part elephant, but with distinctive mammoth traits, including small ears, subcutaneous fat, shaggy hair and blood that enables the animal to survive in freezing temperatures.

Despite their progress, the team said it would be many years before they make a serious attempt to produce a living creature. They are planning to grow the embryo within an artificial womb in the laboratory, rather than find a female elephant as a surrogate mother, an ambitious plan that may take more than a decade."

i want a mammophant.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:30 PM 02-18-2017
Huhuhuhuhuhhuh he said wooly mammoth huhuhuhuhhuhhuh
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:23 PM 02-18-2017
Mammoths? meh... I want to see a raptor recreated by implanting an emu egg with raptor dna

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...e-chicken.html
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up