ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What 2 teams should the B12 add...?
Air Force 9 9.09%
BYU 32 32.32%
Boise State 24 24.24%
Cincinnati 32 32.32%
Colorado State University 18 18.18%
EbolAIDS 15 15.15%
Houston 23 23.23%
Marshall 5 5.05%
Memphis 16 16.16%
New Mexico 3 3.03%
SMU 7 7.07%
University of Central Florida 18 18.18%
University of Connecticut 6 6.06%
University of South Florida 8 8.08%
Other (List) 8 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Page 16 of 37
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Conference Realignment Spin-off: Who should the B12 add...?
Mr_Tomahawk 02:04 PM 12-07-2014
The BigXII shot itself in the foot yesterday with the round-robin setup. 4 of the 5 P5 conferences have a championship game. The higher seed in each of those games got into the playoffs...whether those are the 4 top teams or not. I don't think FSU or OSU are a top 4 team...but that's for another thread.

The Big12 is going to be relying on the lower seed to win one of these championship games from her on out if they choose not to have a B12 CCG. IMO, that isn't a good way to get your conference represented in the playoffs...
The round-robin is cute...but until they expand to 8 teams. The B12 could find themselves in this situation more often than Not.

The Baylor vs KSU was the championship argument is flawed as is the B12 could have had 2 teams in the playoffs...

So....to get the B12 back to....12 teams, what two teams would you add?

Poll to come...
[Reply]
BWillie 07:38 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I’m 46, so I’m planning to be around several more decades.
How much does she weigh?

Does she hate jews?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:40 PM 07-02-2022
Not bad. I figured you had a 10 year spread though.

Was it weird being 21 and drinking age, when she was 16?
[Reply]
Coach 09:13 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'm not sure why sentiment is Big12 is a greater scene than the PAC rn.

Oklahoma and Texas leaving is a bigger loss.
Maybe so, but the Big 12 is in a better position/better stability standpoint than the Pac 12. The Pac 12 has problems that don't go away with USC leaving... they get worse. The Big 12 doesn't have those fundamental problems.

Big 12 has better tv ratings, attendance and on the field results. Big 12 programs are financially healthier. Pac 12 has a worst TV deal and their attendance at their stadiums is worse than Big 12. Big 12 is a football orientated conference with passionate fans.

Football is king. Football is 90% of a conference's value in terms of TV. The money in basketball is in the NCAA tournament, and it doesn't quite come close to football.

Anyways, every eyeball is on ND at this moment. What ND decides to do will set off the dominoes.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:19 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Not bad. I figured you had a 10 year spread though.

Was it weird being 21 and drinking age, when she was 16?
If I had the money or the looks to go 10 younger I’d have done it :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:23 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
Maybe so, but the Big 12 is in a better position/better stability standpoint than the Pac 12. The Pac 12 has problems that don't go away with USC leaving... they get worse. The Big 12 doesn't have those fundamental problems.

Big 12 has better tv ratings, attendance and on the field results. Big 12 programs are financially healthier. Pac 12 has a worst TV deal and their attendance at their stadiums is worse than Big 12. Big 12 is a football orientated conference with passionate fans.

Football is king. Football is 90% of a conference's value in terms of TV. The money in basketball is in the NCAA tournament, and it doesn't quite come close to football.

Anyways, every eyeball is on ND at this moment. What ND decides to do will set off the dominoes.

The B12 has excellent quality of sports. It’s normally 1 or 2 in hoops and 2-4 in football divisions according to sports rating systems.

But I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around why the PAC wouldn’t absorb 4-6 of us. These are elite institutions, flagships with great brands in a very populous region. The B12 with the exception of Kansas is a collection of afterthoughts in their own states. With low fan base numbers.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:44 AM 07-03-2022
Boom.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:57 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:

Stadiums are worse than the Big 12? Eh. Man that's a real stretch.

They can add 2 solid programs and do better in the next round of negotiations and get some quick stability. Could it go sideways and blow up? Certainly, but I wouldn't call the Big12 any more stable than the PAC as of today.

On a side note, if I were the SEC and wanted to expand further with a big splash, I'd go after Ohio State, Penn State, North Carolina and Notre Dame to get to 20. The geography aspect is dead and gone so might as well get some big TV areas and a national brands.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:39 PM 07-03-2022
Lol at Ohio State leaving
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:40 PM 07-03-2022
Lincoln Riley has been affiliated with 4 diff conferences since November
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:48 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Wait until KU leaves the big 12 and they lose their one last national brand then things will really heat up
:-) good God dude. You realize how irrelevant ku is right? No one wants them anyway.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:22 PM 07-03-2022
No it’s the same

But I agree with your general sentiment the PAC is better due to markets. Even if the quality of competition is lower

Markets that could careless about college sports. Moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:23 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Stadiums are worse than the Big 12? Eh. Man that's a real stretch.

They can add 2 solid programs and do better in the next round of negotiations and get some quick stability. Could it go sideways and blow up? Certainly, but I wouldn't call the Big12 any more stable than the PAC as of today.

On a side note, if I were the SEC and wanted to expand further with a big splash, I'd go after Ohio State, Penn State, North Carolina and Notre Dame to get to 20. The geography aspect is dead and gone so might as well get some big TV areas and a national brands.
Pac12s tv deal sucks, they aren't getting schools from conferences with better TV deals.

Without USC and UCLA, Pac12s next tv deal isn't going to move them up much.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:24 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Mizzou’s move to the SEC can’t really even be questioned at this point.

Mizzou and Nebraska were obviously very smart to make the moves when they did. The ice is melting and everyone outside of the B1G and SEC are just trying to find some solid land every year now.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:25 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Haha none of the major conferences want KU

It’s hilarious to watch.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:03 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Pac12s tv deal sucks, they aren't getting schools from conferences with better TV deals.

Without USC and UCLA, Pac12s next tv deal isn't going to move them up much.
Where did you read that? I’d like to see the numbers. I don’t believe that is accurate at all.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 37
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up