ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 240 of 287
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:56 AM 05-03-2021
I repeat: "Nobody" is shit. It's so bad that I'm not sure whether it's a failed comedy or just a piss poor Death Wish clone.
[Reply]
Fish 12:18 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I repeat: "Nobody" is shit. It's so bad that I'm not sure whether it's a failed comedy or just a piss poor Death Wish clone.
Maybe it's you. :-)

[Reply]
Mennonite 12:24 PM 05-03-2021
I can't help it if there are a lot of dumb ****ing people in the world.

I love movies. Or at least I used to up until every movie became some Disney pabulum, political garbage, or a blockbuster remake of a better movie. Whose fault is it? The dumb fucks who pay to watch this shit.
[Reply]
heapshake 03:13 PM 05-03-2021
It's so bad that I'm not sure whether it's a failed comedy or just a piss poor Death Wish clone.
If you had watched more than the first 30 minutes you would have found out that it is neither.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:46 AM 05-04-2021
I can't help it if there are a lot of dumb ****ing people in the world.

I love movies. Or at least I used to up until every movie became some Disney pabulum, political garbage, or a blockbuster remake of a better movie. Whose fault is it? The dumb ****s who pay to watch this shit.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:09 PM 05-04-2021
I enjoyed "Nobody" as well, and I don't like anything these days. It was fun mindless action.
[Reply]
Stryker 05:25 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Maybe it's you. :-)

It is. I loved it and thought No Remorse (watched last night) was good too!
When you watch movies like these, you have to go into it for what it is! It is not going to be a BLOCKBUSTER it is just an action movie - sit back, relax and enjoy!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:36 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
It is. I loved it and thought No Remorse (watched last night) was good too!
When you watch movies like these, you have to go into it for what it is! It is not going to be a BLOCKBUSTER it is just an action movie - sit back, relax and enjoy!
w/oRemorse could well be a decent brainless flick, but the criticism comes from it wasting such a brilliant property.

Like the rage against Dune, or my personal rage against Bonfire of the Vanities, or the chronic timidity about finally adapting Confederacy of Dunces, . . . and certainly the last season of GoT.

Some works are brilliant enough that people feel there is a duty to honor the material when adapting to film or miniseries, etc.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:54 PM 05-07-2021
I love Zombie stuff... this looks a little different but good. By Zach Snyder too.

[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:10 AM 05-10-2021
New Venom movie trailer dropped.

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:44 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
You would be correct . Taylor Sheridan (the writer of the Sicario series) has been wanting to make it a trilogy . With the possibility of bringing back Emily Blunt's character for the 3rd and final installment.
Seems like that might be out the window...
https://trinikid.com/sicario-3-every...we-know-so-far

I mean, I got to the game late and just watched Day of the Soldado yesterday. It was not as good as the first one, but it was good enough and left you hanging for a 3rd...I hope they do it...
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:26 AM 06-08-2021
Released in April on Netflix was the Woman in the Window. I wished they had called it the Girl in the Window because I liked the Girl on the Train and Gone Girl so much, that would of fit right in with the style. Also most anything with Amy Adams I will watch, she is the next Meryl Streep if not already better, her and Kate Blanchett.

If you want something other than an action adventure, explosions or gun fights and something more like Rear Window, this is it. I gave it an 8, although the music is a big part of the film, it really gets you going, and I have a killer surround sound with a 75" TV, so maybe on a regular sounding smaller TV it won't be as scary. You can tell the director played homage to Hitchcock a lot, there is a twist, it's not always as it seems. If you like a psychological thriller, it's free if you have Netflix.

[Reply]
Mennonite 06:32 PM 06-18-2021
Been watching some old samurai flicks today.

Samurai Rebellion:

Hitokiri:

The story's a little thin but the cinematography is nice.

I also watched a movie that Baby Lee recommended called Noises Off.

Lots of familiar faces in the cast. It's a comic farce and the director did a masterful job of capturing the action.

I also watched a low budget Australian B movie called Money Movers. It's a heist movie about an armored car robbery. Cheap but entertaining.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:54 AM 06-20-2021
Iron Mask (2019)
Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)
Call of the Wild (2020)
Bill and Ted Face the Music (2020)

All shit, obviously.

On the positive side The Third Man (1949) looks fantastic on BR. If anyone else is a fan of this classic, I recommend checking out the OTR series.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:11 AM 06-20-2021
Spiral, the new Saw spinoff, was pretty shitty.
[Reply]
Page 240 of 287
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250 > Last »
Up