ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What is your first memory in life?
Stewie 03:54 PM 09-29-2011
We had this discussion at work today.

One guy said he remembered being born. We said BS! I've seen that on the Interwebs that this isn't uncommon.

Mine was being in a high chair as an infant around the dinner table. I have no idea the context of that memory.
[Reply]
ChiefsLV 03:47 PM 01-14-2012
When I was three we were in a car accident and I remember being in the hospital and seeing my mom with her forehead all scraped up from hitting the windshield and being scared. Next memories I remember are show and tell at preschool and kindergarten when my teacher wrote the date, 1984 on the chalkboard. Dunno why I remember something trivial like that.
[Reply]
Stewie 09:37 PM 07-01-2022
I had to go into the archives for this thread.

We have a coworker that claims she remembers being born. She's confident about her memory.

Interesting stuff.

Chime in.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:49 PM 07-01-2022
For me it was when you originally posted this thread .... : )

Actually, think my first memory may have been my 3rd birthday.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:51 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I had to go into the archives for this thread.

We have a coworker that claims she remembers being born. She's confident about her memory.

Interesting stuff.

Chime in.
Ask her to describe her mother's ... parts.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:54 PM 07-01-2022
I like the concept of young children remembering previous lives. I don't know if it could be real or if we can occasionally find a real story that matches a kid's imagination, but I find it intriguing.

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-...revious-lives/
[Reply]
Stewie 09:56 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Ask her to describe her mother's ... parts.
Uhhh... yeah... no
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:08 PM 07-01-2022
Uhhh... yeah... no
If she won't do it, she's lying.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:12 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Pants:
One is physically unable to remember being born as the hippocampus is not formed until the age between 2 to 3 years old.

Abstract

The postnatal development of the human hippocampal formation (HF) is subject of increasing interest due to its implication in important pathologies that hamper the normal development of children. In this work, we present a glimpse of the main events that constitute important milestones in the development and shaping of some of the most important psychological capabilities such as autobiographical memory. We analyzed a total of 21 brains ranging from 27 gestational weeks to 14 years. Although we examined some cases in the last trimester of gestation, our description starts at birth, around 40 gestational weeks. Serial sections stained with thionin for Nissl analysis revealed that all fields of the HF were present and identifiable at birth. However, the relative growth of the cortical mantle was much higher relative to the HF. The main structural changes took place during the first postnatal year, in particular in the dentate gyrus and in the entorhinal cortex. At subsequent ages, a growth in size was noted in all components of the HF. This growth was more evident at the body and tail of the hippocampus, as evidenced by measurements of the neuroanatomical series. In addition, we examined in some cases the MRI appearance of the HF at different postnatal ages obtained by postmortem imaging. MRI neuroanatomical series provided anatomically identified landmarks useful for the MRI identification of different components of the HF during postnatal development.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:17 PM 07-01-2022
Here's the link:

Postnatal development of the human hippocampal formation
[Reply]
Stewie 10:30 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If she won't do it, she's lying.
You've turned into a creepy old dude.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:34 PM 07-01-2022
You've turned into a creepy old dude.
I have indeed gotten older.
[Reply]
cripple creek 06:50 AM 07-02-2022
getting a pup tent on my 5th birthday
[Reply]
BWillie 11:39 AM 07-02-2022
1991 Final Four
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:02 PM 07-02-2022
Getting my foot run over by a lawnmower when I was 2 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:43 PM 07-02-2022
Having a threesome with Stewie’s parents
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up