ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Should we change the American national anthem?
Our current anthem works just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 75 89.29%
Let's change it up. We should keep things fresh. 9 10.71%
I'm not American and don't feel that I should vote on this poll. 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>New national anthem nomination thread.
Rain Man 10:58 AM 07-01-2022
Mods, feel free to move this to DC if necessary, but I view this as a patriotic topic and not a political topic.

With the 4th of July coming up, it's a good time to reflect upon our national anthem.

Our national anthem works. It glorifies a key moment that ensured American freedom from British rule. Everyone knows the lyrics, almost half of the population can passably sing it, and of course the last line works well to claim ownership of Arrowhead Stadium.

However, there have been some criticisms as well. Apparently the third verse has a slavery reference, even though no one ever sings the third verse. The high and low notes are hard for some people. And it's a war story, which apparently rankles some people.

The Star Spangled Banner has a long tradition in America, but it's not too long to consider a change. It became the national anthem in 1931, so there are still people alive from the pre-spangling days.

So should our anthem change, and if so, what new song would you suggest? Regardless of whether you want a change, give me your suggestions of the best song to replace it if such a thing happened. I'll then put up a poll.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:40 PM 07-01-2022

[Reply]
Pablo 04:50 PM 07-01-2022

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:32 PM 07-01-2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mibDUXo2P0

It is in this link form for a reason. I am trying not to be Political but funny.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:46 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mibDUXo2P0

It is in this link form for a reason. I am trying not to be Political but funny.
I was gonna watch it....but the True Classic Tees ad got me.

...I need some better fitting Tee's, brb.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:13 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I was gonna watch it....but the True Classic Tees ad got me.

...I need some better fitting Tee's, brb.
They look nice but absolutely cannot be subjected to a dryer cycle
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:11 PM 07-01-2022
WTF? Leave it alone, it is sacred! Blasphemy!:-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:20 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
WTF? Leave it alone, it is sacred! Blasphemy!:-)
I mean the people voting for America the Beautiful kind of have a point. At least that song is about America, not about a flag.

Also hey I'm gonna watch Rocky IV on the 4th, partly to see America kick Russian ass, but also to hear that fantastic Soviet anthem which kicks the shit out of ours in every way.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:24 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
**** NO. One of the worst songs in history.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
:-)

Alrighty then.

[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:43 AM 07-02-2022
Let’s get Snoop and Dre to rewrite The Next Episode.

“La Di Da Di Da. It’s the muthafuckin U.S.A. America!!!!

La Di Da Di Da, and we’re here to kick your A.”
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:39 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I mean the people voting for America the Beautiful kind of have a point. At least that song is about America, not about a flag.

Also hey I'm gonna watch Rocky IV on the 4th, partly to see America kick Russian ass, but also to hear that fantastic Soviet anthem which kicks the shit out of ours in every way.
There's no easy way out. There's no short cut home.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:49 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
The star spangled banner. I’m a ****ing American and proud of it!
I actually really like the “this land is your land this land is my land” from woody Guthrie. I think it’s actually pretty spot on for the times we live in and is good for moving forward from a planetary standpoint. Then again I’m selfish and want to go exploring new planets so world peace and communication as a planet United as one (because we don’t know what is out there) is kinda important
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 12:21 PM 07-02-2022

[Reply]
irafreak 04:22 PM 07-02-2022
From kohl's bathroom to changing the anthem...I mortified but highly amused. This place wins the off-season every year...it's the chargers of the sport forums.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:15 PM 07-02-2022
How about Toby Keiths Boot In Your Ass?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up