ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**Wednesday, May 1st Royals at Blue Jays GDT**
GabyKeepsMeWarm 01:22 PM 05-01-2024
Bottom of the 1st, Lugo on the bump in the rubber game of the series…
[Reply]
PHOG 02:26 PM 05-01-2024
Way to go Witt!
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:26 PM 05-01-2024
Bobby!
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:27 PM 05-01-2024
Cmon Salvy!!!
[Reply]
PHOG 02:27 PM 05-01-2024
Vinnie with a double, 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:28 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Isbel with a lead off double.
The sac from Garcia (your leadoff guy) with your best hitter up next is odd. That's awfully passive there. You really think the odds of Garcia getting him over the old fashioned way AND neither Witt nor Pasquantino getting a basehit with 2 more outs to play with were THAT bad?

Just seemed unnecessary.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:30 PM 05-01-2024
Yesssss….
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Cmon Salvy!!!
Got a pitch to drive with that first pitch middle/middle sinker from Bassitt. Dude just missed his spot and you really would've expected that ball to at least turn into an RBI.

But Bassitt let him off the hook with a high fastball while ahead in the count. Tight game, you wouldn't think going up the ladder to set up a likely fly ball out (and sac fly with Witt's speed at 3b) would've been the way to go. And Salvy got on top of it to get the base knock.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:31 PM 05-01-2024
Way to go Salvy!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:31 PM 05-01-2024
A complete and utter embarrassment
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:31 PM 05-01-2024
Niiiice. I’ll take it. 3-0 good guys.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:32 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Got a pitch to drive with that first pitch middle/middle sinker from Bassitt. Dude just missed his spot and you really would've expected that ball to at least turn into an RBI.

But Bassitt let him off the hook with a high fastball while ahead in the count. Tight game, you wouldn't think going up the ladder to set up a likely fly ball out (and sac fly with Witt's speed at 3b) would've been the way to go. And Salvy got on top of it to get the base knock.
Perez shouldn't be getting pitched to there with two RISP and the base open as hot as he is, the manager is an idiot
[Reply]
PHOG 02:32 PM 05-01-2024
Nice. 3-0 Rs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:33 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Perez shouldn't be getting pitched to there with the base open as hot as he is
Yeah, I had ended that post with "Man, it seems like the Jays just play really stupid baseball" but I can't actually claim to have watched them enough to say that and it seemed like unnecessary piling on.

I mean they all but begged him to get that run in. If you're gonna pitch to him at all, keep the ball down and out of the zone. It was just dumb.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:34 PM 05-01-2024
The sac from Garcia (your leadoff guy) with your best hitter up next is odd. That's awfully passive there. You really think the odds of Garcia getting him over the old fashioned way AND neither Witt nor Pasquantino getting a basehit with 2 more outs to play with were THAT bad?

Just seemed unnecessary.
I’m inclined to agree, but Ryan and Sweeney are both talking about it and speculating that Garcia did that on his own. If he places it a bit better, maybe he gets himself aboard while moving the runner. Haven’t seen Maikel bunt at all this year, so that was a bit of a surprise.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:35 PM 05-01-2024
Yeah, I had ended that post with "Man, it seems like the Jays just play really stupid baseball" but I can't actually claim to have watched them enough to say that and it seemed like unnecessary piling on.

I mean they all but begged him to get that run in. If you're gonna pitch to him at all, keep the ball down and out of the zone. It was just dumb.
Perez is as hot right now as I've ever seen him his entire career (hitting .360 with a 1.000+ OPS in a league where offense is down) and you have a literal scrub (Massey, .500 OPS) hitting behind him, John Schneider simply has no clue what he's doing
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up