ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Drue Tranquill to Chiefs
RunKC 02:20 PM 03-17-2023

Sources: 1 year, up to $5M for Drue Tranquill to the #Chiefs, who I’m told chose Kansas City over five other suitors. https://t.co/NjlxDZVhlk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
crispystl 12:44 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
If I could keep those 3 for letting Jones walk, I would.

So I don't see it being in the cards.
Yeah I think I agree. If we could I'd do the same.
[Reply]
KCJake 12:52 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
lol...

Personally, I'm fine with letting Snead go. It's Charvarious Ward all over again. I love what he brings, but factoring in the number of concussions, the amount of penalties, and our ability to draft and develop the CB position, and I'm totally fine letting someone else pay him.

Tranquil I'd like to keep, but he may be pricing himself out.

Edwards has been a fun development this year as he has a knack for finding the ball. Not sure what he'll cost to retain.
Your thought process is right but for what it's worth, Sneed is much better than Ward was.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:52 PM 11-10-2023
Really need FAU to come on strong down the stretch here.

If you could get him out there with Omenihu, JOnes and Karlaftis, that would be nice.
The odds of FAU being as good/better than Danna this year are pretty much zero.

Long-term? Sure - a distinct possibility. But FAU is a rotational player for us; a luxury if he develops this season.

More of a likely necessity NEXT season.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 12:58 PM 11-10-2023
Jason Pierre-Paul is available guys. Seems willing to sign on a practice squad. Extra depth and the biggest thing is that he played for the Ravens last year. We win Super Bowls when we pickup a former Raven player mid season.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:00 PM 11-10-2023
lol...

Personally, I'm fine with letting Snead go. It's Charvarious Ward all over again. I love what he brings, but factoring in the number of concussions, the amount of penalties, and our ability to draft and develop the CB position, and I'm totally fine letting someone else pay him.

Edwards has been a fun development this year as he has a knack for finding the ball. Not sure what he'll cost to retain.
I might have agreed in the past, but dude just shut Reek DOWN. He's about as close as one is going to find to being a physical mismatch for Hill. It was as surreal as it was impressive.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:01 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The odds of FAU being as good/better than Danna this year are pretty much zero.

Long-term? Sure - a distinct possibility. But FAU is a rotational player for us; a luxury if he develops this season.

More of a likely necessity NEXT season.
And that says more about Dana than anything. Guy is good, good and is making the most of his opportunities and training.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:05 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I might have agreed in the past, but dude just shut Reek DOWN. He's about as close as one is going to find to being a physical mismatch for Hill. It was as surreal as it was impressive.
Even when Hill found some space, it was a dogfight.

I'm betting that game was the least fun Tyreek Hill has ever had on a football field. Even apart from the game-altering fumble, that guy was getting mauled out there.

It didn't look like a good time at all.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:15 PM 11-10-2023
Only issue with Sneed I really have is that he's older than you realize. A 3 year extension is 27, 28 and 29 and a lot of corners fall off pretty hard at 28/29 yrs old.

I don't mind approaching him but if he's looking at/near the top of the market, I think I'd have to just wish him well and move along.
I think we're at that place with every player not named Mahomes.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:17 PM 11-10-2023
I think we end up letting Jones walk. They cant Tie up his money for a tag and trade and re-sign all these guys. I think they will view Omenihu as his replacement on pass rush downs.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:17 PM 11-10-2023
Sneed has played 50 career NFL games.

He's been penalized 28 times.

I think your math needs a little work.
I think these corners are now taught to not give a shit about th e penalty bc holding is 5 yards. As long as you avoid PI you're good. Plus they can't call holding on you every play.

I love that Spags does that. And while Sneed hasn't done anything numbers wise warranting all-pro status, he's locked down and beaten up Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill.

Man. I know Spags and his staff have an eye for corners but ideally I'd really like to not lose Sneed and Chris in the same offseason. I'd offer Sneed somewhere around $17-18 million APY. I think that's doable.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:18 PM 11-10-2023
Sneed has played 50 career NFL games.

He's been penalized 28 times.

I think your math needs a little work.
Goddammit DJ, we've talked about this! Your insistence on stating facts backed up by data is getting a little old. If it FEELS like 2-3 penalties a game it's obviously 2-3 penalties a game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:21 PM 11-10-2023
lol...

Charvarious Ward was okay, but he's not in the same league as Sneed. Sneed is the 2nd best corner this team has had in a long long time.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:22 PM 11-10-2023
I love Sneed and I think part of the gameplan is for him to beat the shit out of these elite WR's. However I think age, concussions and the entire off season long knee injury have to be accounted for. Veach has been frugal.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:25 PM 11-10-2023
He's a good player.

I think we've seen though when Gay is playing well the upside for him is just as high as any offball LB'er in the league.

I'd prefer Gay and Bolton to stay together but that probably just won't happen so I'd keep Drue and slide him into the Gay role.
Trying to think of the last time the Chiefs had a LB who could cover the middle of the field as well as Tranquill? DJ is the only one in recent memory.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:34 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
This is where I am, too. I had Sneed in the 'as good as gone after this season' category, especially based on how many CBs Veach has brought in during the last year-and-a-half. But after watching him play this season, I'm not sure he's a guy you can let get away. Lockdown CBs aren't falling out of trees, and we've got two of them. But he's going to be really expensive.

In terms of LBs, can't imagine that, financially, we bring back both Tranquil and Gay next year. Losing either one of them will be a blow, both of them are very solid players.

I don't envy Veach and the decisions he's going to have to make this offseason. But that's obviously a great problem to have.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Up