ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Poor Brittany puts out anti-bullying teeshirt...
LongSufferingToady 04:27 PM 01-28-2022
Brittany Matthews, the fiancée of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, is trying to take a creative approach at ending bullying following the criticism she received for spraying champagne on frigid fans following the team’s win over the Buffalo Bills in the playoffs.

Matthews teamed up with the clothing company Charlie Hustle to create the "Team Brittany" shirt, which features an orange-yellow background and the words scrawled across the front in red.

"There has been quite a bit of buzz this week and it’s been a pretty rough week over here. However, me and my team have decided to try to turn this buzz into something and something good for the Kansas City community," Matthews said in a video posted to her Instagram Stories on Thursday.

"First, I just want to say, I greatly, greatly, greatly appreciate Kansas City and how much ya’ll have gotten behind us and supported me so much. It means the absolute world to me."

She said Charlie Hustle approached her to make the T-shirts and she wanted to turn the "opportunity into something good." She said part of the proceeds from the shirt sales will go to Red Card KC, a local charity in Kansas City that aims to prevent any kind of bullying.

"Obviously, I do receive a lot of hate on a daily basis on social media and I know so, so, so many other people do as well. I’m lucky enough to have a good support system and a city that is lifting me up but I know there are a lot of people out there struggling with this so that’s why I’m proud to just partner with this company and get behind this cause and hopefully push everything into the right direction and start spreading some more positivity on all of these platforms. I hope you guys just use this as a daily reminder to let you know that words are very powerful and it costs you nothing to be kind and nice to people… in this city we like to lift people up and not bring each other down."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/p...llying-t-shirt
fan4ever 10:06 AM 01-29-2022
Remember Brian Bosworth's marketing anti-Bosworth t-shirts? Maybe she should go that route.
Mephistopheles Janx 10:24 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think most of this is her being defensive and why wouldn’t she be. She’s spent the past few years battling armies of trolls telling her she’s annoying and ugly and that she doesn’t deserve her guy. A lot of this comes from “**** the haters.” A lot of us wish she’d tone down, but she is not starting this war. There is a paparazzi that’s going out there and specifically going after her. I mean, look at this petty shit.
I don’t necessarily disagree with anything posted here. I believe myself and several other posters including Stevie (who has not taken a single grain of shit for his position on this topic despite holding a similar position… celebrity clearly has its advantages among Chiefs fans) have vocalized that we “wish she’d tone it down”. Yes, there are others who talk shit on her looks or how Patrick could do better and those people are trolls commenting on things she has absolutely no control over. They should be shot out of the Kingdom via a cannon.

Originally Posted by :
The champagne spray is the definition of making a mountain of a mohill. Has anyone in that section complained? No. Were there people egging her on? Sure looks it. Look at all these new rules in place. So it’s acceptable to spray champagne at parades but not at a game where tons of fans are buzzed and have sneakers full of beer jumping up and down with drinks splashing everywhere. Its disrespectful to spray champagne on kids and alcoholics at a night game but not on a parade route in broad daylight with kids everywhere watching their role models chug beers on a bus. Now we’re making up this new rule that it’s only respectful if it’s a player? Just say it for what it is. It’s a new made up rule to specifically spark outrage at one individual. I can promise you that if Ayesha curry did this at a warriors parade, and I’m sure many wives have done it over the years, nobody would give a shit. This is manufactured outrage.
My position had never been about getting wet, or kids, or being sticky, or any of that. My sole position on this is what I feel is a sense of entitlement from Brittany and Jackson. I’m not making a rule about who gets to spray people or not. I’m not “outraged” on behalf of anyone who got sprayed… I don’t care about them. It goes back to the friend of a friend analogy.

Originally Posted by :
And now she’s being targeted for pushing someone else’s idea about a tshirt.

It’s flat out targeted bullying. She’s taking it head on which rubs people the wrong way. But let’s call it what it is.
I’m 100% in agreement that she is being targeted for the shirts. While I’m sure it rubs people the wrong way… I’m merely jaded and see it as a PR move in support of her “doing what she wants” and #livingmybestlife. I hope I’m wrong.

That said, this will be my last post on this topic. I sincerely hope that both parties chill the fuck out and the immediate family of a star athelete can go back into obscurity short of them doing something worthwhile of attention themselves.

Like I said in my original OP… if this is the price for Mahomes, then so be it.
stevieray 10:31 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I believe myself and several other posters including Stevie (who has not taken a single grain of shit for his position on this topic despite holding a similar position….
:-)
Frazod 10:37 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It's really not that hard to ignore Brittany and Jackson. Some of you should really try it.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. Way past sick of this shit.
Reerun_KC 10:50 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, this is where I'm at. Way past sick of this shit.
Yep. The CP bully’s really showed their true colors in this thread.

Ignore is the best alternative.
LongSufferingToady 01:54 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Yep. The CP bully’s really showed their true colors in this thread.

Ignore is the best alternative.
Which bullies are you talking about?
- Those, like me, who think she's immature and constantly making bad decisions
- Those here who comment on her looks
- Those here who comment on her "phuckability"
- Those here who are closet sexist assholes?

I don't want to hear from anyone saying I'm bullying her who have made references to her looks or sexual proclivities. You guys ARE the worst of Chiefsplanet and constantly drag it into the gutter.

Commenting on her poor judgment and diva-esque behavior is fair game.
Iowanian 01:58 PM 01-29-2022
Mahomes’ Tagalongs are growing annoying at an alarming rate. There isn’t a reason to even know who they are
Marcellus 02:12 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
None of this is important, at all. None of it.

People are making a big deal about nothing.

People are famous now for proximity to fame. It's ridiculous, and should be beneath all of us.

If that's not Patrick's brother, nobody cares. So why do we care now?

Thousands of people spill beer on people at the games and nobody cares. So why do we care if Brittany spills some champagne? We shouldn't. It's a non-issue.

This is all much ado about nothing.

This 'internet famous' crap is a real sickness in our society.
:-)
chiefzilla1501 02:34 PM 01-29-2022
I don’t necessarily disagree with anything posted here. I believe myself and several other posters including Stevie (who has not taken a single grain of shit for his position on this topic despite holding a similar position… celebrity clearly has its advantages among Chiefs fans) have vocalized that we “wish she’d tone it down”. Yes, there are others who talk shit on her looks or how Patrick could do better and those people are trolls commenting on things she has absolutely no control over. They should be shot out of the Kingdom via a cannon.

My position had never been about getting wet, or kids, or being sticky, or any of that. My sole position on this is what I feel is a sense of entitlement from Brittany and Jackson. I’m not making a rule about who gets to spray people or not. I’m not “outraged” on behalf of anyone who got sprayed… I don’t care about them. It goes back to the friend of a friend analogy.

I’m 100% in agreement that she is being targeted for the shirts. While I’m sure it rubs people the wrong way… I’m merely jaded and see it as a PR move in support of her “doing what she wants” and #livingmybestlife. I hope I’m wrong.

That said, this will be my last post on this topic. I sincerely hope that both parties chill the **** out and the immediate family of a star athelete can go back into obscurity short of them doing something worthwhile of attention themselves.

I don’t disagree with some of this. My main thing is, people keep saying she brings this on herself. Barstool is the one that started the war. She is playing defense. Maybe too much defense or with too much of an I don’t give a shit attitude. But this starts first with the root cause which is barstool targeting her like a stalker and building a troll army against her. Fuck that.

Now, Jackson is something different. He’s actively trying to be an influencer. Brittany strikes me as someone who nobody would give two shits about if the New England trolls didn’t make it their life mission to destroy her.
eDave 02:36 PM 01-29-2022

That said, this will be my last post on this topic. I sincerely hope that both parties chill the fuck out and the immediate family of a star athelete can go back into obscurity short of them doing something worthwhile of attention themselves.

You presented yourself and your position really well in this thread.
staylor26 02:38 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t disagree with some of this. My main thing is, people keep saying she brings this on herself. Barstool is the one that started the war. She is playing defense. Maybe too much defense or with too much of an I don’t give a shit attitude. But this starts first with the root cause which is barstool targeting her like a stalker and building a troll army against her. Fuck that.

Now, Jackson is something different. He’s actively trying to be an influencer. Brittany strikes me as someone who nobody would give two shits about if the New England trolls didn’t make it their life mission to destroy her.
One of the very rare instances where we agree.

Insecure Patriots fans started all of this.
Willie Lanier 02:42 PM 01-29-2022
Fuck all this noise, if she makes him happy, she's doing something right
Gravedigger 03:46 PM 01-29-2022
How much is her cut? That's the only piece of information I need to know.
KCUnited 03:52 PM 01-29-2022
If Low T was a thread
eDave 03:53 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
How much is her cut? That's the only piece of information I need to know.
1/2

Which makes me wonder if a young couple like this, high school sweethearts, even have a prenup in place.
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Up