ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 171
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:21 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Is Sherlock ever coming back? I still haven't watched that Victorian era episode yet. Didn't seem that interesting to me.
Somehow. At some point. Everyone involved has the hands full elsewhere, but have stated their intent to make time at some point.
[Reply]
Silock 04:51 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I've really been into Reign on Netflix.
Because the chicks are hot, right?
[Reply]
NewChief 06:13 AM 05-31-2016
Peaky Blinders season 3 just released. Looks like I've got some binging to do this week. Sucks that it's also a busy work week.
[Reply]
CanadianChief 08:50 AM 05-31-2016
My wife and I have been watching Penny Dreadful on Showtime. It's a horror series set in 19th Century London. If you like Dracula, Frankenstein, and witches then I highly recommend it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:20 AM 05-31-2016
Originally Posted by CanadianChief:
My wife and I have been watching Penny Dreadful on Showtime. It's a horror series set in 19th Century London. If you like Dracula, Frankenstein, and witches then I highly recommend it.
I tried to get into it but couldn't. It sucks because I'm a fan of Eva Green (well her tits anyway).
[Reply]
CanadianChief 12:19 PM 05-31-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I tried to get into it but couldn't. It sucks because I'm a fan of Eva Green (well her tits anyway).
Thanks probably what sucked me in. I obviously don't have your will power!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:09 PM 06-01-2016
If you're looking for just plain laughs from something new, Lady Dynamite is new on Netflix and delivers pretty dang good.

It's a vehicle for Maria Bamford. She's a standup most would know as the member of the backup Fantastic Four that hung out with Tobias' 'The Thing' in the reboot of Arrested Development.

Mitchell Hurwitz is a co-creator, so it has a strong Arrested Development vibe with jokes piled on jokes piled on sight gags piled on callbacks. It also has a ton of celeb guests, some who play wacky characters, some who play themselves.

It's real strength is in off the wall, unexpected humor. As a plot, it's mostly your typical neurotic stand-up messed up life story, broadly adapted. But there's so many sight gags, and funny names, and off-the-wall asides that will trigger your chuckle center, including some well-honed and crafted rants.

I don't want to oversell it, and I certainly don't want to give away any of my favorite gags, so I'll just leave it at 'give it a couple episodes, see if it grows on you.'

Oh, and to save the inevitable search after watching a couple of episodes.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:30 AM 06-14-2016
Did anyone catch the premiere of 'Braindead'

A mix of absurd and real covering alien takeover of American federal politics by the creators of The Good Wife.

I've been effusive about The Good Wife being the best show on network TV, and this one, though very different in tone, is off to a promising start.

http://www.avclub.com/review/cbs-pol...bracesi-237963
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 06:29 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Peaky Blinders season 3 just released. Looks like I've got some binging to do this week. Sucks that it's also a busy work week.
Just finished season one, doesn't get near enough love.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:00 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Just finished season one, doesn't get near enough love.
BTW, I've started watching this show with subtitles. While I could follow what was going on before, I'll admit that the subtitles enhanced my understanding of what was happening. I'm pretty good with accents, but those are some danged heavy accents on the show.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 01:50 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by NewChief:
BTW, I've started watching this show with subtitles. While I could follow what was going on before, I'll admit that the subtitles enhanced my understanding of what was happening. I'm pretty good with accents, but those are some danged heavy accents on the show.
I'm one of the weird ones who prefers subtitles and CC on most the shows I watch. I appreciate the heads up though!
[Reply]
NewChief 08:24 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
I'm one of the weird ones who prefers subtitles and CC on most the shows I watch. I appreciate the heads up though!
I may adopt this. I'm a huge reader, so I've always enjoyed subtitles. I've just never consciously chosen them before. I think they increase my ability to focus.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:58 AM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
A few new must sees that need more love.

Another Period
It's BACK!!

Catch up here

http://www.cc.com/shows/another-period
[Reply]
TimBone 09:09 PM 06-23-2016
The wife and I are looking to start a new series tonight after work. We've got it narrowed down to three:

Ray Donovan
Peaky Blinders
Game of Thrones (We're caught up on Game of Thrones, but are contemplating starting over from the beginning.)

Which of these three should we watch?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:13 PM 06-23-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:
The wife and I are looking to start a new series tonight after work. We've got it narrowed down to three:

Ray Donovan
Peaky Blinders
Game of Thrones (We're caught up on Game of Thrones, but are contemplating starting over from the beginning.)

Which of these three should we watch?
Probably GoT. The first 4 seasons my buddy and I would rewatch each season. There is a lot you forget between seasons.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 171
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up