ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 27
« First < 152122232425 2627 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Potential 1st round Targets
duncan_idaho 10:42 AM 04-16-2024
Notable in that Shrager mock is that... Brian Thomas Jr. is not mentioned.

I could see 1 team passing on him for the other guys around him. But 3-4? Nah.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:47 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Notable in that Shrager mock is that... Brian Thomas Jr. is not mentioned.

I could see 1 team passing on him for the other guys around him. But 3-4? Nah.
Not mentioned like he's not in it? The Steelers take him at 20.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:30 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Not mentioned like he's not in it? The Steelers take him at 20.
Wow, that was an epic fail. I completely missed reading the Steelers part.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:32 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Wow, that was an epic fail. I completely missed reading the Steelers part.
I only remember it because I know I would be trying to trade up at that point to get him.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:24 AM 04-16-2024
I do like Polk's ability to catch with his hands instead of his body, and to hang on to the ball through contact. A lot of his catches in this video are due to coverage busts, though.

[Reply]
VAChief 11:36 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I do like Polk's ability to catch with his hands instead of his body, and to hang on to the ball through contact. A lot of his catches in this video are due to coverage busts, though.

Sure if he's there at 95 grab him, after we get Morgan/Kingsley at 32 and Sweat at 64 :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:52 AM 04-16-2024
The PFN simulator keeps sliding DeJean or Newton to 32 today. Has anyone else noticed patterns that seem to last about 24 hours? I wonder if this is an algorithm thing or if they manually add those for a day or two.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:10 PM 04-16-2024
Johnny Newton had his pro day this morning. He was recovering from a foot injury which is why he didn’t run at Indy. He didn’t run the 40 or any other drills today, just on field drills.

Feels like recency bias is pushing him down the board simply bc of not testing. I think he’s gonna fall and we will be able to take him if we want to.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:17 PM 04-16-2024
If a guy like Newton falls, then you move up (probably) for a WR in the second are you completely out on late Tackles? We took a project tackle last year.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:31 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
If a guy like Newton falls, then you move up (probably) for a WR in the second are you completely out on late Tackles? We took a project tackle last year.
I'd still take another project in the 3rd or 4th, and I'd sign somebody like Smith.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:40 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'd still take another project in the 3rd or 4th, and I'd sign somebody like Smith.
I keep finding myself tring to work back to guys like the Yale tackle and just wondered how everyone else felt. Worst case either him or Morris works and the other can be a guard.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 04-16-2024
I keep finding myself tring to work back to guys like the Yale tackle and just wondered how everyone else felt. Worst case either him or Morris works and the other can be a guard.
I don't think he makes it to us in the 3rd. I think you have to take him at 64, or make a significant trade up in the 3rd.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:59 PM 04-16-2024
Every time I run a mock I get multiple players falling to us at #32 that I would find perfectly acceptable.

WR Brian Thomas is not one of them. I don't see any way Thomas will fall past the Bills at #28. He might not even make it past Pittsburgh at #20 or Philadelphia at #22, but there is a decent chance that they will fill other needs. I can't see any way he falls past both Arizona and Buffalo though.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:18 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Every time I run a mock I get multiple players falling to us at #32 that I would find perfectly acceptable.

WR Brian Thomas is not one of them. I don't see any way Thomas will fall past the Bills at #28. He might not even make it past Pittsburgh at #20 or Philadelphia at #22, but there is a decent chance that they will fill other needs. I can't see any way he falls past both Arizona and Buffalo though.
I don't think were realistically looking at the top tier of anything at 32. If we get stuck at 32 its probably BPA then get aggressive again in round 2 similar to last year.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:34 PM 04-16-2024
I know WR is a popular pick for the Steelers in round 1, but like the Packers, they typically draft them on day 2.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 27
« First < 152122232425 2627 >
Up