ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 327 of 333
« First < 227277317323324325326327 328329330331 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
lewdog 02:30 PM 12-12-2023
I’m ready.

LUGO!!!!
[Reply]
poolboy 02:47 PM 12-12-2023
its pronounced Lewgo
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:33 PM 12-12-2023
Lugo's not a bad get.

He'll pitch better than some guys who are gonna make more than him over the next few years. You're buying 34 through 36 and that's up there a little, but he's a guy who should age okay. Not a lot of miles on his arm, good spin rates, good command.

I think y'all had to pay a bit of a 'rebuilding team' premium to get him; I figured he'd be looking at 2/$25-28 but hell, if he's decent the extra year won't hurt you.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:51 PM 12-12-2023
Well, at least they're making an effort. More than we can say the past few years.

Hopefully they're serious about adding one more quality starter. Don't see it being Stroman or Giolito but who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us for once.

A rotation of Ragan, either of the above, Singer, Lugo and maybe Zack back on a one year deal? Not great, but not terrible. At least competitive and gives you chance to win most nights.

And for Gods sake, makes Jordan Lyles expendable (yes, I realize he'll probably still end up in the rotation this year due to his contract and 'innings eater' :-))
[Reply]
jerryaldini 04:32 PM 12-12-2023

Zack Greinke's representatives have communicated to @MLB teams that he's preparing to pitch in 2024 and is open to contract talks.

Greinke, 40, went 2-15 with a 5.06 ERA this year over 142 1/3 innings. @MLBNetwork

— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) December 12, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:36 PM 12-12-2023
I'm actually kinda curious what Greinke could do in relief for a season or two.

Guy has less stamina than a 14 yr old virgin; asking him to throw 5 innings is just asking too much at this point.

But I'll bet in relief he could get back up to 92/93 mph and still throw enough weird junk up there to get outs for 60 innings.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 04:38 PM 12-12-2023
Lugo is a legit starter if he doesn't fall off the age cliff. The kind of gamble they need to take, and if he's a reliever in year 3, so be it. Welcome back Will Smith, nice get!

Now need one more starter. Sherm must be feeling the stadium motivation.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:45 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Don't see it being Stroman or Giolito but who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us for once.
I think Giolito will be looking for a one-year prove it deal because he could cash in like Kevin Gausman/Robbie Ray/Carlos Rodon did with a big year.

I think a team like the Dodgers would be more appealing to Giolito but the Royals have a great sell, too. Kauffman Stadium and the defense behind him is the type of environment for him to put together a career year.

The White Sox did him no favors with their porous defense last year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:48 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Well, at least they're making an effort. More than we can say the past few years.

Hopefully they're serious about adding one more quality starter. Don't see it being Stroman or Giolito but who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us for once.

A rotation of Ragan, either of the above, Singer, Lugo and maybe Zack back on a one year deal? Not great, but not terrible. At least competitive and gives you chance to win most nights.

And for Gods sake, makes Jordan Lyles expendable (yes, I realize he'll probably still end up in the rotation this year due to his contract and 'innings eater' :-))
Lyles as a 5th starter is doable. Hopefully Lynch gets healthy and finally shows up to knock him out of that role. I think Lyles combined used as the second guy when they use in the bullpen games would be ideal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:48 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I think Giolito will be looking for a one-year prove it deal because he could cash in like Kevin Gausman/Robbie Ray/Carlos Rodon did with a big year.

I think a team like the Dodgers would be more appealing to Giolito but the Royals have a great sell, too. Kauffman Stadium and the defense behind him is the type of environment for him to put together a career year.

The White Sox did him no favors with their porous defense last year.
What about the Angels and Guardians? Dude gave up 20 homers in 60 innings for those two squads and neither of them play in launching pads. He also put up a 1.5 WHIP for them. He was actually substantially better for Chicago than anyone else last season; his ERA was actually far lower than his FIP in Chicago.

No, the Chicago defense wasn't the problem.

Giolito was just a bag of smashed assholes last season. Truly, truly awful. And he was awful in 2022 as well.

It's more likely than not that he simply isn't very good.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:44 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
More smoke on pitchers. But Flaherty can get fucked with an AIDs covered dildo
Loool yeah right. Stfu Royals. U arent signing any of these guys unless its Flaherty
[Reply]
Mecca 06:08 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Lyles as a 5th starter is doable. Hopefully Lynch gets healthy and finally shows up to knock him out of that role. I think Lyles combined used as the second guy when they use in the bullpen games would be ideal.

With the amount of arm issues Lynch has had I'd think he's probably a reliever now.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:21 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What about the Angels and Guardians? Dude gave up 20 homers in 60 innings for those two squads and neither of them play in launching pads. He also put up a 1.5 WHIP for them. He was actually substantially better for Chicago than anyone else last season; his ERA was actually far lower than his FIP in Chicago.

No, the Chicago defense wasn't the problem.

Giolito was just a bag of smashed assholes last season. Truly, truly awful. And he was awful in 2022 as well.

It's more likely than not that he simply isn't very good.
He's definitely on the decline, it may not be reversible, but when I see a 25.7% strikeout percentage, there's still something to work with. He's not that far removed from Cy Young-level pedigree with elite secondaries, namely the changeup.

That's why I am saying he needs to be selective on his next team to restore his stock. The Royals situation is most than just defense and ballpark. Brian Sweeney and the Royals pitching lab did good work last year with Cole Ragans, James McArthur.

He needs to go to a team like the Dodgers, Rays that are on the forefront of pitch development and maximizing sequencing.

And maybe the White Sox defense didn't hurt him as much when he's giving up two HR/9, but they were still bad enough where Chris Getz is adding total zeroes on offense like Paul De Jong at SS, Nicky Lopez at 2B and Max Stassi at C.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:44 PM 12-12-2023

The Padres made an attempt to keep Seth Lugo, who signed a three-year, $45 million deal with the Royals. Per sources, San Diego actually offered Lugo a four-year deal, but for a lower guarantee than he received from Kansas City.

— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) December 13, 2023

[Reply]
Ocotillo 04:51 PM 12-13-2023

Really neat idea.#Royals prospects will face #Brewers prospects in a 7-inning exhibition on Sun. March 17th in Surprise at 3:05p CT, paired with a regular MLB ST game in a doubleheader. https://t.co/Beu7oXwpYN

— Jake Eisenberg (@JakeEisenberg_) December 13, 2023

[Reply]
Page 327 of 333
« First < 227277317323324325326327 328329330331 > Last »
Up