ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
JPH83 02:19 AM 11-20-2022
I'll be honest, I thought he was going to get pressed out of existence and continue to drop balls. I haven't seen how teams have played him but he looks better than I expected. Didn't hate him at all as a 2nd but absolutely not as a 1st. Might be another one I got wrong
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:19 AM 11-20-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'll be honest, I thought he was going to get pressed out of existence and continue to drop balls. I haven't seen how teams have played him but he looks better than I expected. Didn't hate him at all as a 2nd but absolutely not as a 1st. Might be another one I got wrong
I loved the measurables. And his college film showed that he was a football player, not just a track star.

But agreed that there was quite a learning curve for the kid, I just thought that his physical attributes were elite.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:45 AM 11-22-2022
I know I sound like my parents but it’s not just the physical skills, it’s their emotional intelligence. Look at our draft picks, veach is trying to get guys like mcduffie, karlaftis, sky Moore, chenal and etc and they all look to be guys that you can trust off the field, high motor, high character guys. We invest minimally in guys like toney with a late third because physically, he’s all you want but he’s a high risk, head case. Watson was rare to me bc his athletic gifts are off the charts and he seems to be a good kid. As fans, I think we pass over the maturity question too quickly when evaluating these players. Thank goodness veach doesn’t. I’m also glad he’s willing to take a risk on players like toney when the reward is worth the risk.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:54 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I know I sound like my parents but it’s not just the physical skills, it’s their emotional intelligence. Look at our draft picks, veach is trying to get guys like mcduffie, karlaftis, sky Moore, chenal and etc and they all look to be guys that you can trust off the field, high motor, high character guys. We invest minimally in guys like toney with a late third because physically, he’s all you want but he’s a high risk, head case. Watson was rare to me bc his athletic gifts are off the charts and he seems to be a good kid. As fans, I think we pass over the maturity question too quickly when evaluating these players. Thank goodness veach doesn’t. I’m also glad he’s willing to take a risk on players like toney when the reward is worth the risk.
To be fair, we really don't get a lot of the maturity and injury information the teams get. Makes for some wild swings sometimes on guys.
[Reply]
Shoes 09:32 PM 01-08-2023
This kid is starting to win more than his fair share of 50/50 balls. Really impressive last half of his season.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:56 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
This kid is starting to win more than his fair share of 50/50 balls. Really impressive last half of his season.
George came on the second half of the year with some big sacks... I like George and think Skyy will be fine next year.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:50 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
George came on the second half of the year with some big sacks... I like George and think Skyy will be fine next year.
Watson has nothing to do with the Chiefs, I've only been speaking about his potential/development as a player. I just thought Watson was one of the more interesting players in the draft due to his high boom/bust nature. Additionally one half of a season doesn't mean much, we'll see if he continues to grow next season.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:42 PM 01-09-2023
I'm good with what happened. We'd miss out on either McDuffie or Karlaftis and both of those guys look to be more important than a WR. Hell if he were here he'd be playing as little as Skyy Moore and we'd be wondering if we took the right guy.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:03 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm good with what happened. We'd miss out on either McDuffie or Karlaftis and both of those guys look to be more important than a WR. Hell if he were here he'd be playing as little as Skyy Moore and we'd be wondering if we took the right guy.
Yup.
[Reply]
kcbubb 01:35 PM 01-09-2023
I agree considering the info we had at the time but a redraft is different. Would you be happier with George and skyy or watson and Sam Williams? We had a great draft. No complaints. Just interesting to think of what might have been.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:50 AM 01-10-2023
Not a perfect comparison but I see Watson as a giant Hardman.

I am much happier with Karlaftis.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:04 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I agree considering the info we had at the time but a redraft is different. Would you be happier with George and skyy or watson and Sam Williams? We had a great draft. No complaints. Just interesting to think of what might have been.
I would take George over all of those other guys. I'm not sure if we should have drafted a different WR, because Moore didn't really get a chance to play. Andy doesn't play rookie WR unless he has absolutely no other options. Watson played 507 snaps which is 56% of the Packers total offensive plays. I guarantee that Watson gets the Moore treatment if he's in KC and people would be questioning if we took the right WR. Next year will be very telling if we made a good choice with Moore.

Now what would have been really cool though is if we went McDuffie, Karlaftis, Sam Williams. George on one side, Sam on the other, and Chris Jones in the middle. Next year we could be talking about one of the best D lines in football.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:50 PM 01-10-2023
I would take George over all of those other guys. I'm not sure if we should have drafted a different WR, because Moore didn't really get a chance to play. Andy doesn't play rookie WR unless he has absolutely no other options. Watson played 507 snaps which is 56% of the Packers total offensive plays. I guarantee that Watson gets the Moore treatment if he's in KC and people would be questioning if we took the right WR. Next year will be very telling if we made a good choice with Moore.

Now what would have been really cool though is if we went McDuffie, Karlaftis, Sam Williams. George on one side, Sam on the other, and Chris Jones in the middle. Next year we could be talking about one of the best D lines in football.
I’m down on Moore, as I’ve made it known multiple times, but for arguments sake let’s say it is just a matter of opportunity and he will take a step next year. My concern is, what’s his potential? I maybe completely off on this, but I’m not sure I see a #1 caliber WR there. He seems like a slot or maybe a #2 type, but I don’t see someone who’s going to dominate games at WR. If not, is Toney that guy? I have more confidence in Toney being the go to guy at WR with his elite measurables.

I’m not a fan of signing OBJ to an extension, but if they do I hope they zero in on BPA at DE and WR at the top of the draft. A 6’2”, 210 athletic specimen at WR would be nice if one were available.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:10 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I’m down on Moore, as I’ve made it known multiple times, but for arguments sake let’s say it is just a matter of opportunity and he will take a step next year. My concern is, what’s his potential? I maybe completely off on this, but I’m not sure I see a #1 caliber WR there. He seems like a slot or maybe a #2 type, but I don’t see someone who’s going to dominate games at WR. If not, is Toney that guy? I have more confidence in Toney being the go to guy at WR with his elite measurables.

I’m not a fan of signing OBJ to an extension, but if they do I hope they zero in on BPA at DE and WR at the top of the draft. A 6’2”, 210 athletic specimen at WR would be nice if one were available.
I comped him to Julian Edelman before the draft, and I stand by that. He will be a reliable slot target for making the tough catches over the middle and compiling YAC. Sure hands, the free slot releases, and timing routes will be his bread and butter. Of course a reciever coming from a small school will have a learning curve in Andy's offense and route tree, especially in that role. I expect him to be measurably more involved in year two and we will be able to assess who he will be after year three.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:44 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:

I saw a player comp for Skyy Moore and the player that he was compared to was Golden Tate. That's a good #2 and would be more than enough for Mahomes. I'd definitely go with a speed receiver in the first 3 rounds.

If he can be Golden Tate after he joined the Lions, then honestly no one should complain.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >
Up