ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 73
« First < 22626869707172 73 >
Hall of Classics>Iím leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.


I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)


[Reply]
Bugeater 11:13 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
I am so very saddened to read this. For a change, I am at a loss for words.

In my 20's I wrote and delivered my grand mothers eulogy. In my 40's, did the same for my Mother. I was heavily praised for both. Then one day, I realized that whoever did my eulogy couldn't do it better than me, so I wrote mine. Eulogies are tricky...it is your only chance to write something about someone and truly capture a bit of their essence. For me, as well as all those here that didn't get one, I may just post mine here... Wadda ya think?
I got this...


Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to mourn the passing of Burt. Burt was a great guy who...ummmm....errrrr....ummm....had a bunch of really big watches....?
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 03:03 AM 05-03-2021
Quality deathbed attention whoring.
[Reply]
luv 07:35 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Over 20 years going back to the old Star board for some of us. That's a fair chunk of life. I was 19 when this place started up, I'll be 40 next month.
Why does you turning 40 somehow make me feel older? I'm not as much older than you as I thought I was. Still, with you always being referred to as the baby of the bunch, I guess I just always thought of you as being much younger (have I made you feel old yet?).
[Reply]
burt 08:32 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I got this...


Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to mourn the passing of Burt. Burt was a great guy who...ummmm....errrrr....ummm....had a bunch of really big watches....?
That would suffice if everyone immediately afterwards did a shot of tequila!!! And perhaps mention my magnificent ass scar...

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:48 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Quality deathbed attention whoring.
Really? You are the antithesis of Patty...:-)
[Reply]
jallmon 08:56 AM 05-03-2021
All very well done. RIP Patteau.
[Reply]
Otter 09:05 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Really? You are the antithesis of Patty...:-)
All while screaming how morally and mentally superior it is.

RIP Pat
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:42 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Quality deathbed attention whoring.
Rainman is on his deathbed? Not another one.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:11 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Over 20 years going back to the old Star board for some of us. That's a fair chunk of life. I was 19 when this place started up, I'll be 40 next month.
You're still a young man. I was just getting started raising my Family when I started posting on the Star Board. Now, I'm probably 2-3 years away from retiring. Crazy shit, but I've enjoyed my time here on CP. It feels like home....a home for dysfunctional people, but home nonetheless :-)
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 10:14 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Rainman is on his deathbed? Not another one.
Like 20% of the quality CP content would go with his departure.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 11:03 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
Why does you turning 40 somehow make me feel older? I'm not as much older than you as I thought I was. Still, with you always being referred to as the baby of the bunch, I guess I just always thought of you as being much younger (have I made you feel old yet?).
I refuse to feel old. :-) Mom once referred to me as her Peter PanÖ seems appropriate.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 11:09 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
You're still a young man. I was just getting started raising my Family when I started posting on the Star Board. Now, I'm probably 2-3 years away from retiring. Crazy shit, but I've enjoyed my time here on CP. It feels like home....a home for dysfunctional people, but home nonetheless :-)
No doubt. Itís funny how oneís perception of age changes as you age. As a kid you think someone in their 30ís is ooold. Looking back on it now my 30ís have been my prime. And I reserve the right to adjust that as I go along.

And we are definitely one dysfunctional family here. I wouldnít have it any other way.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:12 AM 05-03-2021
Wish we coulda known so we coulda given him a proper goodbye. Instead we razzed him like any other D.C schlub.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:54 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Like 20% of the quality CP content would go with his departure.
And absolutely none would go with yours.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:55 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Wish we coulda known so we coulda given him a proper goodbye. Instead we razzed him like any other D.C schlub.
I suspect he wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 73
« First < 22626869707172 73 >
Up