ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 73
« First < 20606667686970 717273 >
Hall of Classics>I’m leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.

I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:49 AM 05-01-2021
Excellent work.

It never occurred to me that the words weren’t his.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:49 AM 05-01-2021
That was a truly epic way to go out. It's really touching that he cared so much about Chiefsplanet to do this. RIP Patteau.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:59 AM 05-01-2021
Damn. We lost another good one.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:19 AM 05-01-2021
I just skimmed this thread when first posted. I just thought it was another drama thread and I usually try to avoid that stuff these days. And as I recall, he mostly posted in DC. Nonetheless, patteau was a long time, respected CP member. RIP, Pat.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:20 AM 05-01-2021
Does anyone know how old he was and when he actually passed?

Edit: his profile says he was 57.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:31 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It was Patteeu's idea when he knew the end was near. It worked out really well. It was fun. Didnt come off as a scam.He was leaving forever. He would have loved it.
Vintage Pat. Good job you guys. This makes me fucking sad.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:40 AM 05-01-2021
I wish I could apologize to Patteeu. I've been an angry douchebag poster here for the last 5 years, and I was pretty much a dick to Patteeu several times in the DC forum.

I stopped posting here a few months ago because I decided I don't want to be that guy anymore. Since Pat won't see my apology, I'll have to settle for apologizing to everyone else. I apologize to you all. I'm really not as much of a dick in real life. Honest.

Rest in peace, Pat. I'm sorry. You were taken far too young.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:43 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I wish I could apologize to Patteeu. I've been an angry douchebag poster here for the last 5 years, and I was pretty much a dick to Patteeu several times in the DC forum.

I stopped posting here a few months ago because I decided I don't want to be that guy anymore. Since Pat won't see my apology, I'll have to settle for apologizing to everyone else. I apologize to you all. I'm really not as much of a dick in real life. Honest.

Rest in peace, Pat. I'm sorry. You were taken far too young.
Nice words. I highly suspect Pat never took offense to your opposing views. And if being a dick is a crime here everyone but Gaz and Rainman are guilty.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:44 AM 05-01-2021
We're losing too many people here too often. RIP patteeu
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:51 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
We're losing too many people here too often. RIP patteeu
Bound to happen man, we're all getting up there
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:57 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Bound to happen man, we're all getting up there
Over 20 years going back to the old Star board for some of us. That's a fair chunk of life. I was 19 when this place started up, I'll be 40 next month.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:58 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Does anyone know how old he was and when he actually passed?

Edit: his profile says he was 57.
God have mercy, thats just too damn young

How depressing
[Reply]
2bikemike 11:21 AM 05-01-2021
Always respected Patteau. Sad day indeed. RIP brother!
[Reply]
bdj23 11:28 AM 05-01-2021
Growing old sucks
[Reply]
vailpass 11:30 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Growing old sucks
Yep. No longer growing old is no bueno either.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 73
« First < 20606667686970 717273 >
Up