ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 140
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Broken Planes & Families, and the number 159
Frankie 01:17 PM 07-31-2011
Passenger jet breakes in two! How safe are those planes we ride everyday? :-)

http://news.yahoo.com/cheers-screams...185128270.html

GEORGETOWN, Guyana (AP) — Officials say a U.S. team is expected soon in the South American nation of Guyana to probe the crash of a Boeing 737 jetliner that all 163 people aboard survived.

Authorities so far have given little idea about the cause of Saturday's crash. The Caribbean Airlines plane ran off the end of a runway at Guyana's main airport and broke in two. About 30 people had to be treated at a local hospital, including the pilot.

The airline is largely owned by the government of Trinidad and Tobago and its prime minister has visited the crash site. Kamla Persad-Bissessar says she is worried that the accident will hurt tourism to the Caribbean, a region that depends heavily on the industry.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 03:05 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by jet62:
Airplanes are not supposed to go on off runway excursions. Looks like the nose gear dug into the soft ground after running off the end of the runway. Pilot could have landed long and ran out of runway before being able to stop. Also throw in heavy rain and bad visibility. It’s hard to come to a sudden stop mid air unless you hit a mountain. Besides, it's a Boeing. I won't break up in the air unless helped by a bomb, missile or an unmaintained, aged and corroded airframe.
The pilot was quoted saying. "The damned runway was extremely short, But you wouldn't believe how wide it was".
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:37 AM 08-02-2011
Want to get away.....
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:53 AM 08-02-2011
teedubya will be along shortly nodding his head in agreement.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:56 AM 08-02-2011
Well, business should pick up in this thread in the next couple of hours.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 06:24 AM 08-02-2011
Great thread Frankie, you should start several more today. Your cp friends are funny aren't they?
[Reply]
Donger 06:41 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Are you going back on your posts?
What?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:49 AM 08-02-2011
I wonder if the radar rings have anything to do with this?
[Reply]
stevieray 06:50 AM 08-02-2011
You know why, Sherlock? Because not one of you (and I use the word 'you' selectively here) can stand up to me in a logical debate alone.
:-).....:-)......:-)
[Reply]
NaptownChief 07:02 AM 08-02-2011
No worries mates, Obama said he can fix this with a jet tax.
[Reply]
Donger 07:38 AM 08-02-2011
Right you are chap. Some of our usual half wits HAVE already chimed in in a benign hardly significant thread just because it's mine. They desperately hope this could be a chance to beat down of Frankie for all the time they've been beaten in wit and logic. It's a human instinct. Low human instinct but still one. Some of us have evolved out of it to a reasonable degree. Some will be lucky if their great grandchildren get there.

It's pathetic and petty, really. But the dumb does not recognize pettiness.
Honestly, Frankie, I understand you think that (and maybe even believe it) but you should have taken my advice and just had a laugh over this abortion of a thread.

Instead, you chose to go full-Frankie. And, no, that's not a compliment.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:50 AM 08-02-2011
you NEVER go FULL-Farooq
[Reply]
NaptownChief 07:52 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
you NEVER go FULL-Farooq

Simple Jack references never get old.
[Reply]
Pants 07:59 AM 08-02-2011
You know I have outwitted you every time you tried me. I guess you owe tree stumps an apology.
I honestly don't know what you're talking about, Frankie. I usually just laugh at you, I didn't realize we were "matching wits" at some point. You're going to have to give me some links if you don't mind.

You do realize that this thread has made you look extremely stupid yet again, right? And unlike some other posters, I don't judge you by your nationality, I only laugh at your stupidity. :-)
[Reply]
blaise 08:00 AM 08-02-2011
This thread arrived right on schedule.
[Reply]
loochy 08:12 AM 08-02-2011
I don't even know what Frankie is trying to argue about anymore. He just keeps calling people half witted for whatever reason.

[Reply]
Page 9 of 140
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up